Marvels next three movies will start there decline?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm just going based off of the crew that's being gathered currently. Eternals and Shang-Chi are currently the furthest in pre-production with a start date in London for Eternals. Black Widow is a toss up since the movie is being rewritten.
OK, that's not entirely reliable so my point stands.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Why are we acting like here are only 3 good directors in the world?
And they will still have overarching story lines they will just come to a conclusion sooner. It won't be 22 movies long, more like 10.
I think the real question is: The decline of what?

If these 4 movies are comparable in quality to their predecessor or better, then:

Black Panther 2 is doing a billy.
Captain Marvel 2 is doing a billy.
GotG 3 is doing 850+ million.
Dr. Strange 2 is doing 670-700+ million.

Hell, even if you feel BP 2 or CM 2 wouldn't be as "successful": if CM 2 makes 200 million less at the box office... that's still more money than any Thor movie (including Ragnorak), Homecoming, any GotG movie, and 2 out of the 3 Cap and IM movies. Even if BP2 makes 500 million less than BP 1, that's still more than all the aforementioned movies as well.

So with the aforementioned movies in their back pocket for the next 2-3 years... I mean, what if Shang Chi and Black Widow only do "Ant-Man" numbers (while having an Ant-Man budget)? :ld:

The internet seems more invested about this downfall narrative than the general public does. Ironically they're all gonna go bat shyt crazy at comic con regardless.

Jards

All Star
Daps
Black Panther 2 looks like it may be the first to check off both categories.
In End Game Okoye mentions an underwater earthquake near Wakanda. Obvious reference that Namor will factor into Black Panther 2. Which means FF4 and their rogues gallery will be the first new Properties to be intergrated into the MCU after the merger.
:ohhh::wow:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

If these 4 movies are comparable in quality to their predecessor or better, then:

Hell, even if you feel BP 2 or CM 2 wouldn't be as "successful": if CM 2 makes 200 million less at the box office... that's still more money than any Thor movie (including Ragnorak), Homecoming, any GotG movie, and 2 out of the 3 Cap and IM movies. Even if BP2 makes 500 million less than BP 1, that's still more than all the aforementioned movies as well.

So with the aforementioned movies in their back pocket for the next 2-3 years... I mean, what if Shang Chi and Black Widow only do "Ant-Man" numbers (while having an Ant-Man budget)? :ld:

The internet seems more invested about this downfall narrative than the general public does. Ironically they're all gonna go bat shyt crazy at comic con regardless.
I understand the sentiment of not liking something that is very popular but yeah, if they do fall off it will take a long time or a colossal fukk up. And we know Feige doesn't make colossal fukk ups.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I understand the sentiment of not liking something that is very popular but yeah, if they do fall off it will take a long time or a colossal fukk up. And we know Feige doesn't make colossal fukk ups.

That's pretty much what all this energy feels like. It's not the x-men or it's not the white guys geek culture is conditioned to love, or it's not dr doom, so clearly it's the beginning of the end. That's cool and all lol, but it's not. Next phase will probably be even more successful given it's inclusiveness.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Deline of quality. Not BO numbers.

So Iron Man 3, Antman 2, GotG2 is in the same stratosphere as Black Panther, quality wise? :beli:
You don't think with their built in fanbase and record of success they can't attract better talent in front of behind the camera? They might be able to bring Nolan back to the comic book movie genre or Leo to star in one. lol Success breeds momentum not the opposite.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
You don't think with their built in fanbase and record of success they can't attract better talent in front of behind the camera? They might be able to bring Nolan back to the comic book movie genre or Leo to star in one. lol Success breeds momentum not the opposite.

Not really. A better, original script with hungry actors ready to prove themselves go the furthest.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe I'm weird but they're not truly Marvel without X-Men. It's one of their 2 S tier franchises outside of Spiderman.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Not really. A better, original script with hungry actors ready to prove themselves go the furthest.
Hmm . . . who was that in 2018? Just curious.
And yeah that's what I'm saying the actors, directors will be new just in the well established MCU. The Eternals and Shang-Chi aren't reboots, they are new properties that have never been on the silver screen why don't they fit this description you just gave?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Hmm . . . who was that in 2018? Just curious.
And yeah that's what I'm saying the actors, directors will be new just in the well established MCU. The Eternals and Shang-Chi aren't reboots, they are new properties that have never been on the silver screen why don't they fit this description you just gave?

Lack of quality control. If it was The Russo Bros, I wouldnt even be questioning it....and a lot of people as well.

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps

Unfortunately black panther will never do 2 bill.

1). Racism..most of Black panthers numbers were here in the states, in order to 2 do 2 billion China would have to add over 500mill. However out of all the most recent superhero movies black panther had the lowest boxoffice success overseas even behind aquaman from DC, that went over a bill.

Also you can just count boxoffice numbers, you have to include budget and promotion and theater share, China keeps the majority of boxoffice money from there theaters.

If a movie cost 200mill to make, then add another 100 mill for promotions then the theaters cut of the share
Said movie would have to make over 500 mill just to break even, this is why a shazaam part 2 is in question even though it had smaller budget

And even though antman both movies are one of my favorite marvel movies, its wasnt a boxoffice success and a part 3 is not a forgone conclusion

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Unfortunately black panther will never do 2 bill.

1). Racism..most of Black panthers numbers were here in the states, in order to 2 do 2 billion China would have to add over 500mill. However out of all the most recent superhero movies black panther had the lowest boxoffice success overseas even behind aquaman from DC, that went over a bill.

Also you can just count boxoffice numbers, you have to include budget and promotion and theater share, China keeps the majority of boxoffice money from there theaters.

If a movie cost 200mill to make, then add another 100 mill for promotions then the theaters cut of the share
Said movie would have to make over 500 mill just to break even, this is why a shazaam part 2 is in question even though it had smaller budget

And even though antman both movies are one of my favorite marvel movies, its wasnt a boxoffice success and a part 3 is not a forgone conclusion

Why does Black Panther have to do 2 billion? :dwillhuh:

Ironman never did 2 billion
Cap never did 2 billion
Thor never did 2 billion

Ironman, Cap, and Thor never did what Black Panther did. Which was 1.34 billion.

You said "of the most recent superheroes" but you forget that Black Panther came out early 2018 , and the movies that came out the 8 months before were GotG2, Spidey Homecoming, Wonder Woman, Thor Ragnorak... and Black Panther outperformed all those movies overseas :pachaha:

And i always include budget, which is why i said if Black Widow or Shang Chi do Antman numbers on an Antman budget, where's the decline? It's well known BP's production budget was around 200 million, so even throwing another 100 million for marketing, etc, BP was still reported as one of the MCU's most profitable movies ever.