Marvels next three movies will start there decline?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I just think context is always important because on one hand people praise Venom for how it was a massive "hit" overseas (641 million) compared to the united states (200 million)...yet Black Panther outgrossed Venom overseas (646 million) however since it was a cultural phenomenon in America (700 million), they act like 646 million isn't more than any Spider-Man, Batman, Superman movie, and more than 80% of non-Avenger MCU movies have ever grossed overseas.

So if BP 2 doesn't perform as well as BP 1, it would have to be a complete collapse for it not to be a big hit comparable to the top grossing solo MCU films. Same with Carol Danvers, even if to a lesser extent. Then you figure GotG3 and DS2 will perform comparable to their predecessors. So that's 4 movies in the next few years that are bringing butts to seats. So unless a Shang Chi or Black Widow movie has bigger budgets than BP or CM, which would be curious, MCU is in a pretty good spot moving forward.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Normally after an event like End Game, the entire franchise gracefully bows out and rides off into the sunset.

And all we're left with is memories and nostalgia.

In this case we're getting more movies for the foreseeable future exploring new characters and stories. And the first thing people want to talk about is if they will fail :russ;
IMO the MCU should end after Endgame. Go out on top.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
IMO the MCU should end after Endgame. Go out on top.

Are you serious? :gucci:

Also that’s the sad the only sad thing about the success of the MCU.

After all these Billion dollar movies, cats gonna start expecting them to do a Billion every time out the box.

That’s like a cat having a couple of 60-70pts b-ball game and cats look down on if they start scoring 36ppgs and look down on that like they garbage and flopping.

I think $600M-$850+ is still a massive success

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas

After all these Billion dollar movies, cats gonna start expecting them to do a Billion every time out the box.

That’s like a cat having a couple of 60-70pts b-ball game and cats look down on if they start scoring 36ppgs and look down on that like they garbage and flopping.

I'm not saying to stop doing Marvel movies but where else can they go after Thanos/The Infinity Gauntlet saga? Thanos wiped out half of existence. Galactus, Doom, Kang, etc is not topping that.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
Spiderman is going to carry the franchise for the next few years.

Won't be like the Toby McGuire 3 peat, but new Spiderman is very beloved. Theater started clapping
when he popped in during Endgame

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
That's pretty much what all this energy feels like. It's not the x-men or it's not the white guys geek culture is conditioned to love, or it's not dr doom, so clearly it's the beginning of the end. That's cool and all lol, but it's not. Next phase will probably be even more successful given it's inclusiveness.
Shang Chi will probably be the highest grossing film after avengers iw and eg. the empire is just getting started people are literally gonna be praying on marvels downfall for a generation :LOLDraxMantis:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:gucci: who the fukk asked for a black widow movie?
I would have been ok with it before Endgame. Now it seems unnecessary.
Spidey the new face of the MCU so you know they ain't going nowhere
No he's not. Sony owns his movie rights. After their deal is up with this next movie they can do whatever.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
haven't we already seen black widow

p7937523_p_v8_af.jpg

:gucci: who the fukk asked for a black widow movie?

Stop it you Reddit women hating incels! /typical film room poster

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I'm not saying to stop doing Marvel movies but where else can they go after Thanos/The Infinity Gauntlet saga? Thanos wiped out half of existence. Galactus, Doom, Kang, etc is not topping that.

That’s not necessarily true and as great as Infinity Gauntlet arc was....... I can’t say that was the VERY BEST. Marvel has so many great Event Arcs and the Russo’s said they wanna do Secret Wars.

I think marvel shot themself in the foot with IW and Endgame. they're in for a shytty phase 4

Fiegies staff is smart & they patiently plan out this shyt for years. They’ve done the most with the least. I don’t get how now they got even more to use now and the still being questioned like they have to prove themselves?

Not trynna bury no one else & I think it’s a good thing to have faith in the brands one may stan.
But if anyone can have complete faith & trust in DC & Sony or any other mega franchise out there like Fast series or King Kong/Godzilla Monster series. Or feel like “they moving in the right direction”

Niccas know damn well they shouldn’t be questioning, skeptical or doubting Marvel

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

they will still amke a whole heap of money, i remember after paul walker died people were like fast and furious movies should stop they won't make money without walker and ff8 made 1.2 bill

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
Very curious to what they will do.

When they first started, they didn't have much and went on to build an empire with the b and c-level characters.

:whew:

Now they are at the top. And now they have the X-men. What happens next? :jbhmm:

Will there be another Avengers movie with remaining/new members?

Will the future movies remain connected or will they be stand-alones?