Marvels next three movies will start there decline?

snikt6384

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After they made Guardians of the fukking Galaxy work, there should be no doubts until they profoundly fukk up. Even Captain Marvel, which I thought was perhaps the least dope one in the franchise crossed a billie. They've been taking B,C and F tier properties and making them work more than any other place has made most A tier shyt work.

So no. A decline shouldn't be predicted. Even if these are all Ant-Man level successes (speaking of which, they made fukking Ant-Man work...), that ain't bad. And they've still got the entire X-Men universe loading in the chamber. AND the sequels to the movies people want. AND Doom. AND the Fantastic Four, which i'm sure a few people laughed at just now. But that team with a proper, not shytty interpretation, and the characters that people think are cool that started with them (Doom, Surfer, Panther, Namor if the rights are all straight, Galactus, etc) could easily be rehabbed into another hit franchise.

TL;DR: I wouldn't bet on it. And if it starts to, they've got so much shyt left untouched they could correct that with ease.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
If GOTG and Antman didn't slow them down why the fukk do yall think Black Widow will?? She's even MORE loved now with her fate from endgame.

Also Thanos is a eternal. Even if Thanos never comes back he will def be part of the eternals storyline.

this might be their only shot of ever topping endgame

I don't think they want to top endgame though. Endgame was planned to be a love letter to RDJ but that was cause of RDJ. If Disney had their way they 100% would of kept him for years to come. Going in the future there's no way they gonna let someone else get that big and they not have control of it. I highly doubt we ever have anything close to endgame again and RDJ is a big part of that.

With that said they have tons of other stuff they can do to have that same "endgame" impact though.

Dark Avengers
Secret Wars
Avengers vs X-men
Doom/Galactus/Silver Surfer

Those are 4 plots that they can spend 5 years each building up to. Marvel has storylines for the next 25 years.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I mean, yeah but you said "later" like it wasnt just 2 years later after the character was created in like, what '74? :pachaha:
Nah, The Eternals weren't even considered a part of Marvel's continuity until 1979-1980 when they appeared in some issues of Thor written by Roy Thomas.
Thanos and the Titans were created in 1973.

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I wouldn't mind a Black Widow. She still deserves a trilogy. Nice Marvel spy action flick from Russia. It could show the arc of Natasha becoming a spy, doubting her KGB work, and flipping to Shield. Everyone else got a origin story and trilogy, why not her?
:gucci::gucci: cuz who the fukk cares about her origin:gucci:
shes a spy and fights people:gucci:
im seriously missing something here:gucci:
when did black widow become this beloved character to fans:gucci:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:gucci::gucci: cuz who the fukk cares about her origin:gucci:
shes a spy and fights people:gucci:
im seriously missing something here:gucci:
when did black widow become this beloved character to fans:gucci:
All the OG Avengers are beloved.
avengers-circle-shot.gif

Iconic status.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I think Guardians 3, Eternals, and Black Widow.

Followed by Dr. Strange 2, Black panther 2, and I hope by then Fantastic 4 is announced.

Keep X-Men away until they fully establish the multiverse, because they don't belong in this universe.

I wish y'all would stop trying to rush that...

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
ive been saying this for years:gucci::gucci::gucci:
i aint watching that bullshyt:gucci:

I'm telling you, the quality of these films will take a hit if the Russo Bros or Coogler ain't on the director chair. It *may* be a financial success, but not building to a major story down the road, and people feel :manny: to it. A lot of people gave GotG, Antman, and Captain Marvel a chance because they wanted to see the latest development of the overall Thanos storyline.

Now with no major villain to look forward to or no new major storyline, the quality will take a hit, especially the PG-13 label is there and Disney is on the helm. Marvel prided itself in the comic book medium to be the "edgier" version of DC and not be campy. How can you pull off a PG-13 Blade or a PG-13 Deadpool or a PG-13 Punisher movie?????

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm telling you, the quality of these films will take a hit if the Russo Bros or Coogler ain't on the director chair. It *may* be a financial success, but not building to a major story down the road, and people feel :manny: to it. A lot of people gave GotG, Antman, and Captain Marvel a chance because they wanted to see the latest development of the overall Thanos storyline.

Now with no major villain to look forward to or no new major storyline, the quality will take a hit, especially the PG-13 label is there and Disney is on the helm. Marvel prided itself in the comic book medium to be the "edgier" version of DC and not be campy. How can you pull off a PG-13 Blade or a PG-13 Deadpool or a PG-13 Punisher movie?????
Why are we acting like here are only 3 good directors in the world?
And they will still have overarching story lines they will just come to a conclusion sooner. It won't be 22 movies long, more like 10.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Why are we acting like here are only 3 good directors in the world?
And they will still have overarching story lines they will just come to a conclusion sooner. It won't be 22 movies long, more like 10.

I mean, the best films post Iron Man 1 were from Russo and Coogler. Now its like the Old Testament of the Jews escaping from Egypt and being led astray in the desert for 40 years. And come the fact that most of the films 2020 and beyond is still in secrecy, is worrying in terms of quality.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I mean, the best films post Iron Man 1 were from Russo and Coogler. Now its like the Old Testament of the Jews escaping from Egypt and being led astray in the desert for 40 years. And come the fact that most of the films 2020 and beyond is still in secrecy, is worrying in terms of quality.
Why are they in the desert? They just became the most successful franchise ever you think they will have trouble attracting directing talent?
All the films released post Avengers Age of Ultron were a secret and then they told everyone. How did that turn out?