Marvel's bench held it down for awhile, but it's time for the starters

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
The what?:dead::dead:

Marlon Wayans was supposed to play Robin in Batman and Robin back in the 90s. Then WB decided to move in a different direction with the franchise and several parts were recast, including Robin. He still got paid for it.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I don't know how you equate "waiting for the A-team to come" to "I'm done with Marvel"
Marvel has clearly laid out years worth of future plans. complaining bout "waiting for the a-team" is basically "i'm done with Marvel".

The point is if yall done with it, be done with it. Stop watching, stop complaining, stop being 80% of the MCU thread posts, stop making variations of "i'm done with marvel" threads. It's funny to watch. Do like yall claim...wait for the "a-team".

Every single time any MCU content comes out yall "done with it"...every time.

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Another reason your comparison doesn't work is because pre MCU Tony Stark was a B tier character

Good writing and story will elevate anyone

The writing and storytelling have gotten bad

Yup. GotG is more popular than the F4 ever were. Ironman is what hard core comic heads think hope Wolverine will be in terms of popularity.

Point is, nobody gives a shyt that Tony was B-tier in the floppies or that GotG was Z-list. Why? Bc 98% of people on earth never read comics like that nor watched a 1992 Saturday morning cartoon.

Instead, they're taking everything at face value, and not at the value a small habitat of cac neckbeards glorified under the radar for decades.

Put another way: for 6 billion potential consumers, Thanos is GOAT whereas Dr Doom is some weirdo Darth Vader in green palette from a shytty string of early 2000s movies and Cyclops is just some cuck for Wolverine/Jean.

Good writing and storytelling can change that.... but emphasis is good writing and storytelling.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yup. GotG is more popular than the F4 ever were. Ironman is what hard core comic heads think hope Wolverine will be in terms of popularity.

Point is, nobody gives a shyt that Tony was B-tier in the floppies or that GotG was Z-list. Why? Bc 98% of people on earth never read comics like that nor watched a 1992 Saturday morning cartoon.

Instead, they're taking everything at face value, and not at the value a small habitat of cac neckbeards glorified under the radar for decades.

Put another way: for 6 billion potential consumers, Thanos is GOAT whereas Dr Doom is some weirdo Darth Vader in green palette from a shytty string of early 2000s movies and Cyclops is just some cuck for Wolverine/Jean.

Good writing and storytelling can change that.... but emphasis is good writing and storytelling.
This 100%
Captain America I don't know who liked him in the comics but I HATED the comic book iteration. What Chris Evans and the various movies he was in did was made me actually like and respect him.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You get it and your Thanos point illustrates it

Never in my life, even with the MCU existing, did I think Thanos would be a household name.

Everybody is unknown or b team to somebody. The story is what implants you in hearts and minds.

I knew a female that was :mjlol: when we saw Iron Man in 08. That same woman cried like a baby when Tony Stark died.

Storytelling always comes first, and marvel is losing people because the stories are bad

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you pivot from box office success, and talk word of mouth tell me about the reception of:

Hawkeye
Moon knight
Eternals
Shang chi
Falcon
Black widow

Were these was well received as the batman, joker, any spiderman,or Loki? Loki was very popular…

I want big time stories and the B grade characters in the last phase do not have them.
I don't understand your point here

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm willing to shoot them some bail, since the last phase was basically a filler arc, and they're in setup for what should be great if their remix of the comics storyline is decent.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Mutants should've been here, at least on Disney +. Ideally way way back New Mutants should've been scrapped and rewritten to be their debut. They dragged their feet and now are paying the consequences. It is what it is. Hopefully they nail the intro in 2025.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:martin: Stop using the “nobody wants to see theses ______ list characters” excuses. When the mainstream audience, didn’t know who half of those characters. Where before the MCU. The only Marvel characters, people probably knew. Was Hulk, Spider-Man, and Wolverine. DC heroes/villains, were way more known. Now characters like iron man, are a household name.