Marvel's bench held it down for awhile, but it's time for the starters

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Be real bruh, the first Iron Man was the only good story out of his three movies. And the villain in that one is at the bottom of the MCU. But RDJ was so amazing in the role throughout that he made Iron Man Superman and Batman level popular.

There's no one in the current lineup that has his swag to overcome so-so writing
You just made my initial point bruh

Your post was about B team characters and I said that's irrelevant because Tony's entire existence pre MCU was as a B team ass nikka

And RDJ only bolsters my point

I've said in many posts that RDJ and the Russo's leaving have been a loss Marvel hasn't been able to recover from

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
Be real bruh, the first Iron Man was the only good story out of his three movies. And the villain in that one is at the bottom of the MCU. But RDJ was so amazing in the role throughout that he made Iron Man Superman and Batman level popular.

There's no one in the current lineup that has his swag to overcome so-so writing

Chadwick was their last real leading man. If the rumors are right with Devi Patel being Reed Richards then they’ll have a shot at something

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
only reason they aren't rushing them is they don't want to pay the actors/actresses who are grandfathered in contract wise. That's why we got :picard: in multiverse of madness and even hugh for DP3.

2025 is when they are free of those deals. We'll probably see some mutant easter eggs in Deadpool 3.
If this is the real reason they've been holding off on mutants :dead: :dead: :dead:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Ouch!!! :picard: :huhldup:

X Men is looking like MCU's last real shot of credibility. If that underperforms in storyline, acting, casting, or anything not 100% true to the comic book material....its lights out.
What? Marvel @ Disney has gotten to the point they will never stop making Marvel movies. The worst thing that will happen is a few years break followed by a reboot. The success has made them a brand for all times, they are now Americana. Sorry. lol

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
What? Marvel @ Disney has gotten to the point they will never stop making Marvel movies. The worst thing that will happen is a few years break followed by a reboot. The success has made them a brand for all times, they are now Americana. Sorry. lol

Stop being a blind Stan.

When the like of the Black Panther sequel and Dr Strange sequel made longtime MCU fans underwhelmed, everyone has the right to question the future of these films when so many films post Endgame. Have been mid- to garbage. The writing fell off the cliff, even the previews are :why: and feeling uninspired.

I see that Chadwick was planned as the the future of MCU when RDJ and the Russo Bros walked away. With him gone, its like there is no real focus on anything.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Notice you used Suicide Squad and not The Suicide Squad. Which was more successful to you? One made the director the head of a prestigious comic book studio. The other director has not had a movie in theaters since despite their respective box office numbers.
Shang Chi came out during the pandemic and was not released in the market it was mainly made for in the first place. Maybe give that some consideration?
Superman and Batman haven't had a billion dollar movie in over a decade but Captain Marvel did it her first try.
Maybe popularity of character had little to do with box office success of comic book movies.

Captain Marvel did it because her film was rushed as a cash grab to Endgame which came out only 7 weeks later.

Thanos was the stimulus that a lot of MCU films did use. Without it, it would have done 1/3 of the numbers.

Now, Kang ain't on the level of Thanos, and no solo sequel to her first film been announced.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Stop being a blind Stan.

When the like of the Black Panther sequel and Dr Strange sequel made longtime MCU fans underwhelmed, everyone has the right to question the future of these films when so many films post Endgame. Have been mid- to garbage. The writing fell off the cliff, even the previews are :why: and feeling uninspired.

I see that Chadwick was planned as the the future of MCU when RDJ and the Russo Bros walked away. With him gone, its like there is no real focus on anything.
You are ignoring what has been accomplished previous to the most recent movies. Quote me when the MCU stops and you will prove me wrong. lol

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Captain Marvel did it because her film was rushed as a cash grab to Endgame which came out only 7 weeks later.

Thanos was the stimulus that a lot of MCU films did use. Without it, it would have done 1/3 of the numbers.

Now, Kang ain't on the level of Thanos, and no solo sequel to her first film been announced.
So what you are saying is the popularity of the main hero had nothing to do with the success of Captain Marvel or any pre Phase 4 movie?
Well, I agree. lol