Marvel's Agents of Shield (Season 1 thread)

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
meh... if this.. and ward is a obvious mole. but THIS make you like the show, then cool... but it wasn't really that great to me. it just ran with the capt. america connection. maybe i just want the show to stand on its own 2 feet.
Yeah, the writers should've just ignored the whole 'SHIELD being infiltrated by Hydra' thing :stopitslime:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
true indeed. but the one ANNOYING thing is we could get one decent episode only to get blah the rest of the way. not to mention these CHARACTERS i struggle to give two shyts about. i keep watching only because i am invested to see how it would end. but it always gets to be a headache in one way or another.
The whole Ward/Skye thing made me cringe.......I hope Ward catches a bullet, but I bet he is still Shield and won't fully turn heel

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Best episode ever... ABC might as well give that second season order in now
No reason why we shouldn't see everything thats going on with SHIELD now up to Avengers 2. Just dealing with the fallout from CAP2 should give this show a full season of episodes to explore it...

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
BkvchRRIMAAlDYT.jpg

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, the writers should've just ignored the whole 'SHIELD being infiltrated by Hydra' thing :stopitslime:

You either just don't want to accept the fact this show is basically a filler show OR you do not understand what I am talking about.

In ALL of the cinematic universe, out of 9 or so films, EACH ONE stands on its own, even the not-so-good ones... yet they all tie in together. With AoS, it struggles to stand on its own, and only serves as just filler to what we already SEEN from the big picture! It's struggle is having its OWN identity.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
You either just don't want to accept the fact this show is basically a filler show OR you do not understand what I am talking about.

In ALL of the cinematic universe, out of 9 or so films, EACH ONE stands on its own, even the not-so-good ones... yet they all tie in together. With AoS, it struggles to stand on its own, and only serves as just filler to what we already SEEN from the big picture! It's struggle is having its OWN identity.
Can't argue with this.....I still liked this ep a lot, but the show has a lot of work to do for myself to love it

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

It's called Agents of SHIELD. SHIELD being a global intelligence agency. Expecting it to ignore major events in Marvel's shared universe is just dumb.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
It's called Agents of SHIELD. SHIELD being a global intelligence agency. Expecting it to ignore major events in Marvel's shared universe is just dumb.
I think what he is saying is......the show is pretty subpar unless a promised movie tie in is the theme of the show....it would be nice to have great eps in which the show stood on its on merits.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

But it's not like SHIELD is so interesting an organization, period. Throughout the history of SHIELD, it's never stood on its own. It was only good when they popped up in other books. When Nick Fury was exiled from SHIELD, no one gave 2 shyt, they've had hella names as directors, and 95% of SHIELD agents are nameless and faceless. Even in the MCU, the agents are faceless and nameless which is why they can throw in all new characters without people caring. So the show is attempting to bring life to an organization that only had 1 bad@ss OG Fury.

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
i jusr hope agent ward dies
ive hated that swagless fukk since day 1....the actor is awful
so if hes hydra
:Hogan Blessed:i may get my wish

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I think what he is saying is......the show is pretty subpar unless a promised movie tie in is the theme of the show....it would be nice to have great eps in which the show stood on its on merits.
:yeshrug:a great episode is a great episode no matter what the reason is. i would hate the show if it was just was the "Coulson Chronicles" that ignores everything that is going on in the cinematic universe. I don't need this show to stand on its on. I want to see them hunt down Hydra while rebuilding SHIELD for the next year up to Avengers 2. Save all that "stand on its own merits" for the movies, its a tv show directly connected to the movie universe and is suppose to show us the fallout from what happens in that universe. I don't need it to be anything else...

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
:yeshrug:a great episode is a great episode no matter what the reason is. i would hate the show if it was just was the "Coulson Chronicles" that ignores everything that is going on in the cinematic universe. I don't need this show to stand on its on. I want to see them hunt down Hydra while rebuilding SHIELD for the next year up to Avengers 2. Save all that "stand on its own merits" for the movies, its a tv show directly connected to the movie universe and is suppose to show us the fallout from what happens in that universe. I don't need it to be anything else...
Exactly. There'd be so many "This show is boring as fukk when are they going to talk about the movie stuff" complaints if it was All SHIELD, All the time.

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
But it's not like SHIELD is so interesting an organization, period. Throughout the history of SHIELD, it's never stood on its own. It was only good when they popped up in other books. When Nick Fury was exiled from SHIELD, no one gave 2 shyt, they've had hella names as directors, and 95% of SHIELD agents are nameless and faceless. Even in the MCU, the agents are faceless and nameless which is why they can throw in all new characters without people caring. So the show is attempting to bring life to an organization that only had 1 bad@ss OG Fury.

so dum dum duggan,spider woman,and taskmaster are faceless:ld:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If the Marvel is capable of bringing in B-Listed Superheros and make them into the BIGGEST thing ever in this current cinematic world, then there's NO excuse of doing that for the TV medium, it just seems the writers on that show just aren't as capable in comparison with those doing it at the cinematic level.