Marvel's Agents of Shield (Season 1 thread)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
33 pages for the show few seem to like, 31 for Arrow which most seem to like :patrice:
To be fair people have been posting in the Season 2 Arrow thread and the "So Anybody liked the Arrow premier" thread about this season.
Plus negativity always is more popular than positivity...it's human nature.

And in the spirit of negativity I just don't know what to say about this show anymore.
They hyped the fukk out of this episode being a continuation of Thor 2 and people had to see Thor 2 before watching this episode and it was basically 5 minutes tacked on at the beginning of the show with the team cleaning up and name dropping.
Then the seriously embarrassing accents on those fake Norwegians was just :snoop:.

The characters are still weak as fukk and the storylines are like some shyt from Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. Its just so much wasted potential.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
i liked this episode, I don't see what y'all complaining about

I don't understand how people hate watch, I don't like something I don't see it

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
i liked this episode, I don't see what y'all complaining about

I don't understand how people hate watch, I don't like something I don't see it
Didn't see this one yet but co-sign....it's like why would u want to waste ur time

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair people have been posting in the Season 2 Arrow thread and the "So Anybody liked the Arrow premier" thread about this season.
Plus negativity always is more popular than positivity...it's human nature..

It aint even that deep...

A lot of people stuck with the show through the first four episodes hoping it'd get better. Those people spoke on how weak the show was and others tried to defend it (initially by claiming those who didn't like it were expecting too much), so an obvious back and forth ensued resulting in the huge post count in this thread.

I gave the it WAY more of a chance than most shows but it was just wack, so I stopped watching like 2 or 3 episodes ago. I just pop into this thread to see who's still riding for the show. I see little actual discussion of the show but a lot of "It's not as bad as everyone says".

daemonova

Daps
I gave the it WAY more of a chance than most shows but it was just wack, so I stopped watching like 2 or 3 episodes ago. I just pop into this thread to see who's still riding for the show. I see little actual discussion of the show but a lot of "It's not as bad as everyone says".

i would have to see what people didn't like about this particular episode before I could comment on that, it would have been cool if there was a thor cameo, but I feel we got the next best thing

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I wanted this show to be successful, but I don't think they are willing to do what is necessary for it to be. Maybe the budget is to small or something. I agree that a central villain would help this show. But they have to start including characters that would be recognized by someone.

daemonova

Daps
tumblr_mwtynkdBTO1s0t9k2o1_250.gif
tumblr_mwtynkdBTO1s0t9k2o2_250.gif
tumblr_mwtynkdBTO1s0t9k2o3_250.gif
tumblr_mwtynkdBTO1s0t9k2o4_250.gif
tumblr_mmwyqb6xr61qh7is7o2_250.gif
tumblr_mmwyqb6xr61qh7is7o3_250.gif
tumblr_mtpgojeJ7d1qg4blro3_500.gif
tumblr_mtpgojeJ7d1qg4blro2_500.gif
tumblr_mtpgojeJ7d1qg4blro1_500.gif
tumblr_mtq0loMy4u1sd5847o2_250.gif
tumblr_mtq0loMy4u1sd5847o9_250.gif
tumblr_mtq0loMy4u1sd5847o3_250.gif
tumblr_mtq0loMy4u1sd5847o10_250.gif
tumblr_mtq0loMy4u1sd5847o7_250.gif
tumblr_mtq0loMy4u1sd5847o4_250.gif

J. August Richards Returns to 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' on Tuesday, December 10

Written By Sara Bibel

November 25th, 2013

COULSON AND HIS TEAM TAKE THE WAR BACK TO CENTIPEDE IN A

SHOCKING CLIFFHANGER, ON ABC’S “MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.”

J. August Richards Returns as Mike Peterson

“The Bridge” – In a shocking cliffhanger episode, Coulson takes the war back to Centipede, and this time he brings in Mike Peterson for some super-soldier support. As they get closer to the truth, startling secrets are revealed and an unexpected twist threatens the team, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” TUESDAY, DECEMBER 10 (8:00-9:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Agent Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz and Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons.

Guest starring are J. August Richards as Mike Peterson, Ajani Wrighster as Ace, Ruth Negga as Raina, Rick Malambri as Brian Hayward, Molly McCook as Laura Hayward, Cullen Douglas as Edison Po, Rico Devereaux as prison guard and Albert Marrero Jr. as trainer.

”The Bridge” was written by Shalisha Francis and directed by Holly Dale.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I had to Google this Centipede group because I completely forgot that was the group that gave Gunn his powers. Have they mentioned that group at all since the episode with the Asian fire dude?

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Adding Gunn is a good move. He seemed to be more interesting in the pilot than any of the main cast was (or has been to this point).

The show needs an overarching storyline so badly. It would've helped if they showed a flashback of May attacking the base instead of having Coulson tell the story. And the villain, Nightcrawler with a wrench? COME ON.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Adding Gunn is a good move. He seemed to be more interesting in the pilot than any of the main cast was (or has been to this point).

The show needs an overarching storyline so badly. It would've helped if they showed a flashback of May attacking the base instead of having Coulson tell the story. And the villain, Nightcrawler with a wrench? COME ON.
The way they were so vague about May's backstory was so annoying.
This show would benefit greatly from using the Lost flashback gimmick that shows these people before we met them so that we could possibly grow to give a damn about them because right now it is hard to care.
And you are so right about this show needing an overarching storyline.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:damn: Did y'all know Ming-Na Wen, the Asian chick that plays Melinda May is 50??!!!!

:patrice: Now, I'm not sure if I'd fukk.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:damn: Did y'all know Ming-Na Wen, the Asian chick that plays Melinda May is 50??!!!!

:patrice: Now, I'm not sure if I'd fukk.
If I worked on that show I would be all up on Ming Na Wen constantly just like Agent Coulson.
pFVviSL.jpg