Marvel's Agents of Shield (Season 1 thread)

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
naw show still sucks. Firefly this is not

half of firefly sucked because Whedon was pressed as sheit with his "stripper with a heart of gold" schtick, its the same shiet that got Angel canceled, he should have waited for the second season to do that

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
half of firefly sucked because Whedon was pressed as sheit with his "stripper with a heart of gold" schtick, its the same shiet that got Angel canceled, he should have waited for the second season to do that
There is no such thing as a bad Firefly ep:beli:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey

Angel got cancelled best the WB was turning to the CW and they Angel didnt make the cut for the 2 or 3 shows that were carried over. The last of Angel was its highest rated and most watched. Whedon fukked up by asking for a new season early in the final season and WB said no. By season's end Whedon and the WB realized their L but it was too late then.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I appreciate the attempt to developing Fitz and Simmons this episode. The actual case with the alien virus was boring for the most part, but having her get infected at least gave them some character this episode.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody else still interested in trying to defend this bullshyt show?

"Yall expectations were too high"

"Whedon shows always start off slow"

shyt has been weak from the jump

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Heroes season 1 > Agents of Shield

THis is the understatement of the year.

I LOVED Heroes even though it's final season was....what it was.

This.. I'm still not sure if I even like this. I dunno.. it's aight..but they gotta make it
interesting..

Shyt is as uneventful as eating vanilla ice cream without the bean out of a coffee mug

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow there's only been six episodes? Feels like this shytty show has been on forever. How much more dull filler do they have planned for the rest of the season

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
when you stop looking at it as a marvel show and start looking at as another joss whedon production only with a marvel backdrop it could help a little
Looking at it as a Joss Whedon show instead of a Marvel show actually makes it even worse.
Even in the roughest early patches of Whedon's shows there was always something that instantly grabbed you whether it was the top notch dialog or the likability of the characters...AOS is still just full of incredibly vapid characters who talk like middle schoolers and nothing seems "real" about them or the situations they find themselves in.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Looking at it as a Joss Whedon show instead of a Marvel show actually makes it even worse.
Even in the roughest early patches of Whedon's shows there was always something that instantly grabbed you whether it was the top notch dialog or the likability of the characters...AOS is still just full of incredibly vapid characters who talk like middle schoolers and nothing seems "real" about them or the situations they find themselves in.

Look this show has started slowly, especially episodes 2-4. But I really feel like the last two episodes really showed promise, episode 5 in particular I really enjoyed with the Scorch character. Arrow this most certainly IS NOT, but I still see the potential in it.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Stripper with a heart if gold? What show are you even talking about because it damn sure ain't Firefly.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Look this show has started slowly, especially episodes 2-4. But I really feel like the last two episodes really showed promise, episode 5 in particular I really enjoyed with the Scorch character. Arrow this most certainly IS NOT, but I still see the potential in it.
It still feels like an episode of VIP (that old Pam Anderson show) with super powers.
And the scorch episode wasn't even that good. Ruth Nega's character was interesting but the episode as a whole was just as flat as the rest of the show.
Truthfully all of the episodes so far have been middling at best with the exception of the one with the black agent chick who went rogue.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
[quote="Jello Biafra, post: 6119539, member: 2251"]It still feels like an episode of VIP (that old Pam Anderson show) with super powers.
And the scorch episode wasn't even that good. Ruth Nega's character was interesting but the episode as a whole was just as flat as the rest of the show.
Truthfully all of the episodes so far have been middling at best with the exception of the one with the black agent chick who went rogue.[/quote]

I think I said the same thing earlier in this thread. The shyt is horribly cast and feels cheap as fukk a lot of the time.

I know some people think it's an unfair comparison but like I keep saying Fringe had a similar premise but looked better, had a better cast, hooked you in from the first episode, and the stories and dialog were WAY better.