Marvel's Agents of Shield (Season 1 thread)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Does Agents of SHIELD need a superhero? Ratings keep slipping
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was the biggest drama premiere in four years last month. But ABC’s ambitious action drama series is increasingly starting to look a bit more like its time-slot rival, The Biggest Loser.

On Tuesday night, S.H.I.E.L.D. had 7.1 million viewers and a 2.6 rating among adults 18-49 at 8 p.m. This is still a good rating in this slot, especially when ABC has also recently launched freshman dramas that are much weaker, like Lucky 7, Betrayal and Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. Yet here’s how the Marvel series has tracked so far in the adult demo: A 4.7 rating for the show’s premiere, then 3.3, 2.9, 2.8 and now a 2.6.

It’s common for even successful and long-running new shows to drop the first two weeks after their launch, or even for three weeks. But now we’re on Week 5. We’re seeing some new shows stabilize or even improve in the ratings — last night, under-achievers like Fox’s Brooklyn Nine-Nine and ABC’s The Goldbergs finally crept up a bit. On Monday night, CBS’ Mom went up for the first time and Hostages held steady. Yet S.H.I.E.L.D is still trending down. Can Melinda May pull the S.H.I.E.L.D. jet out of its dive? Comic veteran Jim Steranko says the show has found its groove creatively. So why are fans still ditching? ABC has ordered a full season of S.H.I.E.L.D., so it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. But those numbers must stop dropping at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later.
I don't think this show is in any danger of cancellation but if the numbers keep trending downward I can see Disney deciding to get involved with the behind the scenes stuff and start making changes.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Does Agents of SHIELD need a superhero? Ratings keep slipping

I don't think this show is in any danger of cancellation but if the numbers keep trending downward I can see Disney deciding to get involved with the behind the scenes stuff and start making changes.
Aint seen this weeks episode but aside from the pilot (which if taper your high expectations was passable) the only episode where I liked the show and felt cohesion was the graviton orgin episode.It seemed that the show excelled being part espionage, with a healthy dose of marvel tidbits...This other shyt they try just sucks dont know what they need to do but maybe coulson needs to be more dirty harry and less of a genial

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs, I watched Episode one and it was eh......but the acting and lines were horrible. Should I invest my time into this? On paper it seems good, but i dunno

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs, I watched Episode one and it was eh......but the acting and lines were horrible. Should I invest my time into this? On paper it seems good, but i dunno

Don't even bother. the next two episodes are just as bad. The fourth Episode was the best one and even that was just decent.

People hyping this show up because of what they HOPE it can be, not what it is.

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
Man.. Why can't Marvel just take a look at Arrow
The level of epic shyt going on there... Compared to this?
This last episode was pretty good
But it's just not hooking me
This is a show I dvr and watch while I eat dinner and read the paper. Its just not doing it for me

How did they not put at least one or two b-list super heroes on the 'team' is beyond me

Its like all they do is name drop avengers, aliens and the 'battle of new york'

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Damn this show is pure trash, just having a superhero won't make a huge difference. I had low expectations considering it's Marvel collabo with Disney but this is still very disappointing.

They combined acting from soap operas and fighting choreography from Power Rangers and made a primetime show. Acting may be bad on the show but their chemistry is even worse. I see why Skye spends most of her time in the van while on the plane, I wouldn't want to be interacting with those lames either.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I thought the last episode was cool, mainly because of the presence of Ruth Negga :takedat:. Anytime she was on screen she was instantly watchable, hopefully they have her show up again. Also because of Scorch, they had some nice effects with his fire ability. The preview for when it returns in a couple of weeks looks like it could be good.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I know Fox and Sony own the movie properties of X-Men, Spiderman and Fantasitc 4, but does that mean they own the TV rights as well? This show would be a good loophole why of bridging all the movie universes together if Marvel could use those properties some way on the show.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man.. Why can't Marvel just take a look at Arrow
The level of epic shyt going on there... Compared to this?
This last episode was pretty good
But it's just not hooking me
This is a show I dvr and watch while I eat dinner and read the paper. Its just not doing it for me

How did they not put at least one or two b-list super heroes on the 'team' is beyond me

Its like all they do is name drop avengers, aliens and the 'battle of new york'

its unfair to compare this to arrow

but if i hear them mention the fukkking "battle of new york" one more time :damn: shyt is so damn cheesy

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Saffron Burrows Cast As Agent Victoria Hand In Marvel’s Agents Of SHIELD
XTua8Z5.jpg

According to one of Latino Review‘s “trusted sources,” British actress Saffron Burrows will be joining the show as Agent Victoria Hand in an upcoming episode. Burrows is a veteran of such TV series as Boston Legal and Law and Order: Criminal Intent and had a role in the Jason Statham vehicle The Bank Job.

For those who don't know, this is Agent Victoria Hand:
zolJb8P.jpg

Wonder if they are gonna make her a full out lesbian like in the comics? Considering how Disney-fied this show is I have my doubts.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
that casting would have made a whole lot of sense 12 years ago, now she and Melinda May willl be fighting over the oil of olay
:pachaha: i honestly dont think suffron is even that old shes just uglified herself to make herself skinny

She had such underrated beauty bk in the 90s

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
that casting would have made a whole lot of sense 12 years ago, now she and Melinda May willl be fighting over the oil of olay
I hadn't seen a pic of her in a while so I though she still looked like she did in Deep Blue Sea and then I found that pic and was like :huhldup:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I hadn't seen a pic of her in a while so I though she still looked like she did in Deep Blue Sea and then I found that pic and was like :huhldup:

yeah, deep blue sea was the last time she looked good, that what I was referencing