Marvel's Agents of Shield (Season 1 thread)

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
The last episode was built around the origin of a villan direct from the comics. Same name and everything. So of the 4 episodes we had so far 2 of them have featured nods from the comics, what more do you want?

Sound like dude is hating...this show is slowly getting better and better, for the first time Agent Ward (tall white guy) did not annoy me

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I think that unwillingness to commit to Marvel characters on the TV show is another failing. It basically makes this show feel connected to the cinematic universe in the most tangential way possible. A cameo here, a Thor mention there but nothing concrete onscreen aside from Coulson.

Exactly.

We're not asking for Luke Cage or iron Fist levels of recognition but a few concrete references to some C or D level characters would be welcome, even to have someone like Jessica Jones as a recurring character would do WONDERS for the shows core fanbase....

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I enjoyed last night's episode, definitely more than any other episode outside of the pilot. I don't know if it's been said in here but the problem with the show is that outside of being quip machines, there really isn't much to the other characters. Last night helped because there was an emotional center to the show and something to get behind in terms of character.

It's great that your characters can have snappy dialogue and all that, cool, but what are they outside of that and just archetypes at this point? They need to get people invested in someone other than Coulson. Ming Na's character is interesting and that's because just through acting and the bits of dialogue she does have, you get the sense that there is more to her character than she lets on, so she's got the whole mysterious vibe going for her. I don't need the show to throw me more comic book references or any for that matter, just have interesting characters and right now, it has two if I'm being generous.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly.

We're not asking for Luke Cage or iron Fist levels of recognition but a few concrete references to some C or D level characters would be welcome, even to have someone like Jessica Jones as a recurring character would do WONDERS for the shows core fanbase....

I think they're still trying to get that Alias show off the ground. Plus keep in mind the show was picked up for a full season until recently. What if they had debuted a character like Daisy or Jessica and the show flopped? That'd be two valuable characters they'd have wasted on a failed TV show.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I think they're still trying to get that Alias show off the ground. Plus keep in mind the show was picked up for a full season until recently. What if they had debuted a character like Daisy or Jessica and the show flopped? That'd be two valuable characters they'd have wasted on a failed TV show.

Let's be reality brehs, with the hype surrounding this show and the overall marvel cinematic universe plus the name Joss Whedon, this show was almost guaranteed NOT to flop. And most of my criticisms aren't regarding the show as is right now, I'm thinking more long term like season 2 onwards. I enjoy the show, I just want to see some improvements

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
This episode was brutal they really need to reboot the team
coulson and fitz Simmons and Skye can stay
The rest :camby:
And they need to mix it up with their investigations,flipping genres
Extremis again:birdman:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I thought the episode was great, some of y'all want sooooo much in such short time, of course extremis is used again...there is an organization out there trying to weaponize or what ever they are trying to do, it is so far the overall problem of this first season.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The Good:
Playing more of Coulson and May's past as well as showing them as the veteran agents who are cpable in the field.
An actual super-powered character!
Said character being an actual exisitng obscure Marvel Comic's character
The darker edge this episode had with Scorch killing that white doctor chick from the first episode and then May and Coulson making the decision to kill Scorch
Ruth Negga!!!!!:ohlawd:

The Bad:
The cast besides May and Coulson are still the weak links of this show.
Skye is just an awful character and the instant switch from her awful storyline to now the mystery of her parents does nothing to make me like her any more.
The Skye/Ward budding relationship stuff is not working for me at all.
Fitz and Simmons are terrible.

The show has not bee completely awful the past two episodes but the show is still not all that good either. it is wasting so much potential.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
  1. ‏@RodLiveTweets22 Oct
    No one wanna know where Skye was during all this? Dude must be a minute man if they didn't notice she was gone. #DemAgents

Retweeted by @n@rchy
    Expand
  2. Mergatroid Skittle ‏@canuckduke17 Oct
    #DemAgents -- getting better every week.

Retweeted by @n@rchy
    Expand
  3. MissKCP ‏@MissKCP22 Oct
    Ward wouldn't have believed Skye last week. He's trying to smash. #DemAgents

Retweeted by @n@rchy
    Expand
  4. @n@rchy ‏@daemonova2m
    @RodLiveTweets I beleve Daughter maitland might wanna see if she can be her intern #boardwalk #demagents

View conversation
  5. L. Brothers Media ‏@LBrothersMedia22 Oct
    Like a hot dog at a BBQ RT @RodLiveTweets Damn never seen flame move like that. He burned her to a crisp. #DemAgents

Retweeted by @n@rchy
    Expand
  6. Philip Demond Powell ‏@Terrysboy13h
    Yep Extremis again? All routes point to Super soldier serums everytime. #demagents

Retweeted by @n@rchy
    Expand
  7. @n@rchy ‏@daemonova4m
    matching bracelets... how cute #alwaysandforever #demagents

Expand
  8. @n@rchy ‏@daemonova5m
    A double? Is there any other kind? Melinda May my kind of gal #demagents

Expand
  9. @n@rchy ‏@daemonova15m
    @ReelVixen I agree, way too much for an 8 o'clock show #whitegirlburnedalive #demagents

Expand
  10. Cassie ‏@Cass_Kay19m
    Where did October go?

Retweeted by @n@rchy
    Expand
  11. @n@rchy ‏@daemonova18m
    @rodimusprime she closed the elevators on dat betch and gave her dem 'deavors #demagents