Marvel's Agents of Shield (Season 1 thread)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That's disappointing, way this thread was bumping I thought it would habe been
The thread is basically a mixture of people who hate the show and want to shyt on it; people who want to like the show but are disappointed; people who are Marvel stans who realize the show is mediocre but still have to defend the mediocrity of the show tooth and nail; and then the few that actually are enjoying it.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
The thread is basically a mixture of people who hate the show and want to shyt on it; people who want to like the show but are disappointed; people who are Marvel stans who realize the show is mediocre but still have to defend the mediocrity of the show tooth and nail; and then the few that actually are enjoying it.

And that sucks, I was talking to my supervisor the other day about it he says it ehh, but the girl is kind sexy.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
And that sucks, I was talking to my supervisor the other day about it he says it ehh, but the girl is kind sexy.
Oh yeah the chick playing Skye is sexy.
7vhYdqg.gif

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I been critical as fukk about this show, but tonights episode was actually pretty good.

They significantly dialed back on the snark, had a neat little twist early on, much more serious tone, no overuse of shytty CGI, some good character development for Coulson and May.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that this was the best episode and it was also the episode that featured the younger cast members the least.

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
This show is trash... Sorry
They better tell me what happened to coulson on that island before this gets canceled.

Arrow > this crap

Though I would bang the snot out that British girl

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This episode was the best of the season so far but it still had issues.
In a world with giant green monsters, thunder gods, alien invasions and the like it is ridiculous that pretty much all of these people were so dismissive of the idea that someone could be a telepath.
The dialog is still too forced cutesy.
Skye's Mary Sue-ness has not been toned down at all.
Was nice to see Melinda May get some action but it was way too brief.
Ward was slightly less of a block of wood in this episode though.
Nice to see they are going back to the shadowy organization working against SHIELD that was shown in the pilot.
And to waste those creepy red mask dudes as just some jewelry couriers was really stupid.

I do have one pet peeve with this show that is really becoming a bad habit that they should break and it is namely that the folks behind this show seem really adverse to throwing the comic fans who are watching any bones. There is over 50 years of history and characters that they can mine fro this show yet aside from using the insanely obscure name of a character from a mini-series in the 80s that no one read for J. August Richards character in the pilot they refuse to insert little Easter eggs for the diehards into this show.
This AKila chick from last night's episode could have just as easily been Daisy Johnson or Chastity McBryde just to throw a few scraps to the longtime comic fans that are more than likely going to stick with this show regardless of how disappointing it is.
Arrow does it all the time. If a character is going to have a prominent role in an episode then 9 times out of 10 that character will bear the name of someone from the DC comics universe.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I do have one pet peeve with this show that is really becoming a bad habit that they should break and it is namely that the folks behind this show seem really adverse to throwing the comic fans who are watching any bones. There is over 50 years of history and characters that they can mine fro this show yet aside from using the insanely obscure name of a character from a mini-series in the 80s that no one read for J. August Richards character in the pilot they refuse to insert little Easter eggs for the diehards into this show.
This AKila chick from last night's episode could have just as easily been Daisy Johnson or Chastity McBryde just to throw a few scraps to the longtime comic fans that are more than likely going to stick with this show regardless of how disappointing it is.
Arrow does it all the time. If a character is going to have a prominent role in an episode then 9 times out of 10 that character will bear the name of someone from the DC comics universe.

Well a big difference between Arrow and this show is that Arrow isn't tied directly into a cinematic universe. They're being trigger shy about laying easter eggs because they don't want to tarnish any potential film properties. You and I know most of that shyt doesn't stand a chance of being part of a movie franchise but the people who are in control of that stuff don't know that.

I mean if someone had told you 10 years ago that Guardians of the Galaxy would be a major studio film you wouldn't believe them, but damn if it's not happening. I think a lot of the more memorable S.H.I.E.L.D. stuff is being saved for Captain America and potential Hawkeye and Black Widow films.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Well a big difference between Arrow and this show is that Arrow isn't tied directly into a cinematic universe. They're being trigger shy about laying easter eggs because they don't want to tarnish any potential film properties. You and I know most of that shyt doesn't stand a chance of being part of a movie franchise but the people who are in control of that stuff don't know that.

I mean if someone had told you 10 years ago that Guardians of the Galaxy would be a major studio film you wouldn't believe them, but damn if it's not happening. I think a lot of the more memorable S.H.I.E.L.D. stuff is being saved for Captain America and potential Hawkeye and Black Widow films.
I think that unwillingness to commit to Marvel characters on the TV show is another failing. It basically makes this show feel connected to the cinematic universe in the most tangential way possible. A cameo here, a Thor mention there but nothing concrete onscreen aside from Coulson.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think that unwillingness to commit to Marvel characters on the TV show is another failing. It basically makes this show feel connected to the cinematic universe in the most tangential way possible. A cameo here, a Thor mention there but nothing concrete onscreen aside from Coulson.
The last episode was built around the origin of a villan direct from the comics. Same name and everything. So of the 4 episodes we had so far 2 of them have featured nods from the comics, what more do you want?

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The last episode was built around the origin of a villan direct from the comics. Same name and everything. So of the 4 episodes we had so far 2 of them have featured nods from the comics, what more do you want?
I would like to see it done in every episode.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Good episode last night. Looks like what happen to Coulson is going to be underlying story though out the season as he runs into old acquaintances. Like i thought, they are going to wrap up the "Skye not loyal to SHIELD" story line next week. I'm looking forward to see what they do for November sweeps...

Last edited: