Marvel's Agents of Shield (Season 1 thread)

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you ever heard of party of five, that show never had good ratings but was on television five years

What constitutes good ratings is relative. A show can have middle of the road ratings a still be seen as a huge success depending on the shows budget, the night it airs, and it competition.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
You really comparing Daytime Soap Operas to a Primetime TV shoe with a direct link to a Billion dollar movie franchise:stopitslime:
don't be a simpleton, its not about comparisons. Its an example to dispel the notion a network won't cancel its own show if its a ratings lightweight.And by stating the big expectations tied to marvel's shield u are making my point on why abc would cancel it. Avengers is one of the highest grossing films ever if thiss show sinks to 2million u think they are just going to stay the course with egg on their faces? :russ:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
It's bugging me out how people are trying to cop pleas for this show. Some folks want to addresses everything BUT the quality.

shyt is mediocre across the board.

I don't want to hear shyt about what the show MIGHT be in the future, what Whedon has done in the past, or what expectations people had. The shyt simply aint that good. It's not horrible but it damn sure isn't worthy of some of the praise i've seen.

The show feels like one of them syndicated TV shows from the 90's....Actually the shyt is eerily similar to the first couple of episodes of Hercules: The Legendary Journey.

:ohhh:
Agent Colson = Iolaus

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
This isn't really about the show, but ABC's HD is terrible. Both Fox and ABC are 720p, but Fox's HD is so much better. I was watching the second episode, and when it went to commercial, I was flipping around channels.The sound is muffled, the image is not as bright and clear, and when you're watching a show like this, this sort of thing matters :sadcam: CBS and NBC are killing it - say what you will about the quality of the show, but it would look a lot better if it was on another network...

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
don't be a simpleton, its not about comparisons. Its an example to dispel the notion a network won't cancel its own show if its a ratings lightweight.And by stating the big expectations tied to marvel's shield u are making my point on why abc would cancel it. Avengers is one of the highest grossing films ever if thiss show sinks to 2million u think they are just going to stay the course with egg on their faces? :russ:
When it shrinks to BET rating numbers let me know:russ:
As long as it does well in the 18-49 demo, its doing its job. Its there just to boost up the movie franchises which is why having the biggest ratings wouldn't matter as much. As long as it does well in that demo.

Why is "Community" still on the air? Horrible ratings, etc?

Last edited:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When it shrinks to BET numbers let me know:russ:

Why is "Community" still on the air? Horrible ratings, etc?

Community has been at risk of being cancelled every damn season. I think the only reasons that show gets brought back is because someone high up at the network likes it and it does numbers when the seasons hit DVD.

There's a long history of network execs keeping shows with poor ratings on the air because they personally like them just like there's a history of network execs cancelling shows with high ratings just because they don't like them.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Community has been at risk of being cancelled every damn season. I think the only reasons that show gets brought back is because someone high up at the network likes it and it does numbers when the seasons hit DVD.

There's a long history of network execs keeping shows with poor ratings on the air because they personally like them just like there's a history of network execs cancelling shows with high ratings just because they don't like them.
i agree, this show staying on the air is more than about the ratings...

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i agree, this show staying on the air is more than about the ratings...

In order for it to be cancelled the ratings would have to drop significantly. Even if that happened I'd see them trying to rework the show before outright cancelling it. Though if there's a major position change at the network the show could be cancelled on a whlm.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Community also stays on the air because NBC has a different level of success at this point than ABC FOX or CBS does. When you're the lowest ranked network out of the big networks, your playing field changes. Plus, Sony, the company that produces Community, gives NBC a nice deal when it comes to the production of the show so NBC doesn't lose as much money on it

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
In order for it to be cancelled the ratings would have to drop significantly. Even if that happened I'd see them trying to rework the show before outright cancelling it. Though if there's a major position change at the network the show could be cancelled on a whlm.

Just had a flashback to that seinfeld episode where they cancelled jerry's show because of a change in who's running things

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
LOL Naw, It's actually pretty damn good. Surprisingly good.
you sure brah, is the green arrow in jl/jla the same as he is in comics? if so then hes a pretty shytty character. And whats with all the brooding and sullen looks he does in the tv show that aint who green arrow is, is it?

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
you sure brah, is the green arrow in jl/jla the same as he is in comics? if so then hes a pretty shytty character. And whats with all the brooding and sullen looks he does in the tv show that aint who green arrow is, is it?

That's the crazy part...It's better than the swagger-less comic book. WAY better. Man, get a hold of the first season. It's pretty good.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
That's the crazy part...It's better than the swagger-less comic book. WAY better. Man, get a hold of the first season. It's pretty good.
tried but its kind of hard investing in a show when you cant/dont root for the main lead. Had the same problem with dexter after they did blackie dirty it was :camby: