Marvel's Agents of Shield (Season 1 thread)

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The usual Whedon dialogue is there, but the characters aren't. So far the most dynamic character has been the superstrong dude from the Pilot. That's not good.

It's already in the Hulu rotation now. The only reason I'm sticking with it is because of Whedon, and the fact that Buffy and Angel both started out slow (Firefly didn't tho).

Speaks to the quality of the movies. It should always be about dialogue. All people pay to see at the movies is the characters and special effects.

I think this show brings more substance than the movies in terms of dialogue. People just don't like the characters because they are regular people.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think I like it because it's exactly like I expected. I was expecting it to be very kiddie friendly; playful in tone. I was not expect a bad-a$$ Howling Commandos SHIELD agents that came through and wrecked ish. The characters didn't even read as such in the descriptions. I knew it would play like a rookie squad of desk analysts; and yes, none of them have strong or memorable personalities. As far as the dialog, it resemblant of comic book dialog.

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I thought at the very least it would have a tone similiar to something like NCIS...where it handles the drama and has some comedy as well. This is just a little too campy for me...Like a few posters said, this could be on Saturday afternoons edgewise and wouldnt miss a beat.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Damn I actually liked the first two episodes but I see that NCIS already got the Tuesday crown back hopefully they give it time. I don't see why people are complaining that it's not like a BB or Homeland type of show, Avengers was basically jokes with action spread in between too.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
that cute white chick was the only reason I made it through more than 5 minutes of this show

its basura folks.....look for it to get cancelled after this season

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Man. fukk this show. Bushes:camby:

Show isn't following any type of plot...i don't give a fukk about any of the bootleg characters...and it's not suspenseful.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This latest episode was an improvement. They dialed back the snark, but the actors still aren't strong enough to pull off their roles. It is a bit too campy at times.

Avengers was basically jokes with action spread in between too.

Avengers had jokes, but it wasn't nonstop nor was it at the expense of drama. From the jump the Avengers set a tone that showed how evil Loki is and that everyday people can and would die in that world. This show feels too damn light and airy. I think over time it'll get better but they fukked up royally with that weak first episode.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Hate to say it, but Marvel can't do tv for shyt

When does Arrow season 2 start, now that show is dope
How much of this is on marvel tho? my guess that one of the caveats before whedon signed for avengers 2 was that he could get his own show. This garbage is shield in name alone there is no geeky reference to marvel shyt and it certainly doesnt feel like a marvel show.They are just cashing in as many assumed only very much like ironman 3 (creatively) this sux

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
I'm a huge comic book head so I'm loving this...anybody who ain't....like If I wasn't so deep into comic books back in the day I doubt I'd watch this