Marvel's Agents of Shield (Season 1 thread)

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Again I thought it was good but not great.....I am having a hard time caring for the cast

I still liked it though, but I think it's time to dead the ideal that 'everybody on the show has to be good looking'

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I agree with both post. And I thought I was he only one that thought that. There is not one like able character on the show. No one to root for it or gravitate too. There's so much off about this show to me.

Now I don't necessarily need the major cast to cameo, but I do think this was be a dope platform to introduce minor marvel characters that are not big enough to get their own movie ala Luke Cages girlfriend (can't think of her name right now)
Jessica Jones, hoe.

This show is aite so far to me. Pretty much what I expected. Now if it just gets flat out shytty, then imma drop it faster than you can say "Revolution"

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I just watched episode one recently. I don't know what you all expect. its about THE AGENTS.... key word being AGENTS.
The problem is that the majority of the cast are not very compelling. I am still not feeling any of the characters aside from Coulson and Melinda May. Ward is stiff and bland as a rice cake, Fitz/Simmons talk and act like they are high school students from Sunnydale High and Skye is annoying.
And this show feels like that Human Target show (which I liked) from a few years ago only with even lower stakes. Its not what I was expecting at all. I plan on giving it 5 episodes before I decide if it is a keeper with a permanent spot on my DVR or if it will be one of those shows I watch if I remember it is on or as background noise while I am doing something else.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I like the show but Coulson needs to add a "BA Baracus" to the team. His team should have atleast one black dude who could be the real enforcer. Someone like Terry Crews who they probably had a chance to get since he's on "Brooklyn 9-9" on Fox...

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I like the show but Coulson needs to add a "BA Baracus" to the team. His team should have atleast one black dude who could be the real enforcer. Someone like Terry Crews who they probably had a chance to get since he's on "Brooklyn 9-9" on Fox...
thats another problem i have (but i guess it falls under cast) the only minority is a whitewashed asian woman th.They should have a black or a latin dude on that team

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I just watched episode one recently. I don't know what you all expect. its about THE AGENTS.... key word being AGENTS.

The diaglogue is on par with the movies. Network TV sucks in general and has a cheesiness to it but I like the show so far
We know this.. I personally don't even care about guest appearances by well known or minor heroes from Marvel. I just want to see good characters, good acting, and good storylines and plots. I have not seen this in the two episodes so far. And I didn't know they were gonna go the kiddie/cute route with the agents. Plus the Asian pilot is :flabbynsick: and depressing as sh*t and the main kick ass guy(forgot his name) is cliche as f*ck. The first season of that show Heroes is 10x the show this is. They could've even went to a futuristic 24 or Strike Back with this show. This show should be an afternoon show on Nickelodeon.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
c/s

the group they have now wouldn't even be a good cartoon cast let alone a prime time action adventure drama.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
The usual Whedon dialogue is there, but the characters aren't. So far the most dynamic character has been the superstrong dude from the Pilot. That's not good.

It's already in the Hulu rotation now. The only reason I'm sticking with it is because of Whedon, and the fact that Buffy and Angel both started out slow (Firefly didn't tho).

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I'm not quite sure what she does on a regular..damn..kind of wanted to see her presence on something like this. And I was wondering if they would mention certain spots by name...like Latveria or Genosha or bring up names like Doom or Wilson Fisk. LOL.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
The usual Whedon dialogue is there, but the characters aren't. So far the most dynamic character has been the superstrong dude from the Pilot. That's not good.

It's already in the Hulu rotation now. The only reason I'm sticking with it is because of Whedon, and the fact that Buffy and Angel both started out slow (Firefly didn't tho).
ppl keep saying this but tv has changed big time since those days. A show cant afford to come out of the gate and just give the audiences nothing.Judging by the drop in the ratings it looks like fans smell this is a loser.Now if abc has given whedon a season guaranteed thats one thing but this show is getting cancelled