Marvel's Agents of Shield (Season 1 thread)

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I liked the first episode well enough but it just feels very safe and generic. I hope that is just a case of having to do a lot of set up with this pilot and things will get a bit more edgy and interesting down the road.
Think the episode would have been better if they had been forced to put a bullet in Gunn's head to keep him from exploding instead of the science nerds coming up with an antidote in the last second.

but that is how it goes down in comics 99% of the time.

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
I feel Hawkeye should be on this show,he should have Ming 's webs spot but unfortunately they cast Jeremy Remner so it's not gonna happen,as the character would make sense since he's human and a shield operative and would increased the image of the character

I don't like Grant ward..I hope he's killed off :beli:
gives us a super on the team instead :shaq2:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Poor acting, wack dialog, lack of internal logic with some scenes.

First episode wasn't horrible, but it was FAR from flawless and as many have said it never had anything to make viewed feel they NEED to see the next episode.

It's not about huge action sequences or expecting known marvel characters. A good example of how a show like this could have a GREAT first episode is Fringe. The shows have similar concepts and probably had similar budgets.

The acting on Fringe was FAR superior and they weren't trying too hard to be funny with the dialog, they also had things to hook the viewer into to seeing the following episode.

The acting in SHIELD was hit or miss. Coulson, May, Peterson, and the Doctor were all well acted but the other actors weren't very good at all. The dialog was trying too hard to be funny (especially with the Sky character) but fell flat because the actors weren't strong enough. There was also no real hook to the show (beyond some people knowing Whedon shows get better as they go along).

This isn't in the same tone as Fringe though. The type of show this seems to be aiming for, hasn't been seen in a while. I've been comparing it to Charlie's Angels, because that's the tone I sense from it. It's more Charlie's Angels than A-Team; more Get Smart than Bond. It's also NOT Fury's Howling Commandos or even Secret Warriors. They aren't supposed to be bad@ss; at least I don't think they are...cause they definitely aren't in the field aspect. I do think they need a wild card character, one that will be worthy enough of being incorporated into the MU

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
Just saw this...a whole lot better than I thought it was gonna be....my expectations was mad low tho

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This isn't in the same tone as Fringe though. The type of show this seems to be aiming for, hasn't been seen in a while. I've been comparing it to Charlie's Angels, because that's the tone I sense from it.

It's definitely supposed to have a lighter tone (which I expected), but having a lighter tone doesn't automatically mean the acting and dialog have to be so weak.

It's more Charlie's Angels than A-Team; more Get Smart than Bond. It's also NOT Fury's Howling Commandos or even Secret Warriors. They aren't supposed to be bad@ss; at least I don't think they are...because they definitely aren't in the field aspect.

That's the thing, that one guy IS supposed to be a badass. They spent huge chunks of the episode trying to put him over as some bad ass young agent who was all business but the actor couldn't pull it off. The reason the interrogation scene didn't work was because nobody ever bought that guy as being tough but the dialog had the girl referring to him as "The Terminator".

I do think they need a wild card character, one that will be worthy enough of being incorporated into the MU

I don't even need that, I just want the writing and acting to be better. I really want to make this show a priority to watch but so far they haven't given me a reason too outside of Whedon's name and loose connections to the film.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Solid first show. Kinda corny and the jokes weren't really needed imo. It definitely has potential. I think they should go the James Bond route

-anybody notice that the female nerds on tv and in movies are always fine as f*ck:noah:

BlakeSuperior

and The Scene
Daps
Reppin
Chicago/Denver/LA
Didn't look right when everybody was smiling when my man got shot like "yes, another nikka silenced"

shyt was fukked up...I thought we had Luke Cage :(

DMR

Killa
Daps
I must say I expected better from this show, all teenage characters seems wack and uninteresting to me (Skye is very fukkable tho :patrice:)

Im gonna give 2nd episode a shot and if it wont pick up the pace Im dropping it like its hot

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
not sure what the show is, well it seems like men in black (insert superheroes where aliens should be). But what i mean is when this shyt was announced i thought it was going to be a really expensive venture that would have the feel of something more grand than the average tv show (ie season 1 alias/heroes) .I thought the the agents (during investigating) would be the voice of the comic nerds and give us origins on unknown comic characters.But it just seems like alphas except the team are full of vanilla humans.

Buffy and angel had their merits but i've never really understood the high praise whedon gets. Firefly was ok, serenity was good (but no repay value) )..Dollhouse sucked balls, avengers success was by committee and much ado was :snoop:.This dude does not have the midas touch