Marvel's Agents of Shield (Season 1 thread)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I liked the first episode well enough but it just feels very safe and generic. I hope that is just a case of having to do a lot of set up with this pilot and things will get a bit more edgy and interesting down the road.
Think the episode would have been better if they had been forced to put a bullet in Gunn's head to keep him from exploding instead of the science nerds coming up with an antidote in the last second.

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
solid pilot but I'll give it another shot next week. They're definitely gonna need to introduce some more noticeable super heroes or at least a guest appearance from an Avengers character tho. Coulson is carrying the show so far right now. they should've made Mike part of the regular cast his character was far more interesting than anybody else

Last edited:

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
I don't see anything wrong with this show unless you were expecting to see known Marvel characters

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see anything wrong with this show unless you were expecting to see known Marvel characters

Poor acting, wack dialog, lack of internal logic with some scenes.

First episode wasn't horrible, but it was FAR from flawless and as many have said it never had anything to make viewed feel they NEED to see the next episode.

It's not about huge action sequences or expecting known marvel characters. A good example of how a show like this could have a GREAT first episode is Fringe. The shows have similar concepts and probably had similar budgets.

The acting on Fringe was FAR superior and they weren't trying too hard to be funny with the dialog, they also had things to hook the viewer into to seeing the following episode.

The acting in SHIELD was hit or miss. Coulson, May, Peterson, and the Doctor were all well acted but the other actors weren't very good at all. The dialog was trying too hard to be funny (especially with the Sky character) but fell flat because the actors weren't strong enough. There was also no real hook to the show (beyond some people knowing Whedon shows get better as they go along).

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Poor acting, wack dialog, lack of internal logic with some scenes.

First episode wasn't horrible, but it was FAR from flawless and as many have said it never had anything to make viewed feel they NEED to see the next episode.

It's not about huge action sequences or expecting known marvel characters. A good example of how a show like this could have a GREAT first episode is Fringe. The shows have similar concepts and probably had similar budgets.

The acting on Fringe was FAR superior and they weren't trying too hard to be funny with the dialog, they also had things to hook the viewer into to seeing the following episode.

The acting in SHIELD was hit or miss. Coulson, May, Peterson, and the Doctor were all well acted but the other actors weren't very good at all. The dialog was trying too hard to be funny (especially with the Sky character) but fell flat because the actors weren't strong enough. There was also no real hook to the show (beyond some people knowing Whedon shows get better as they go along).
I do admit that some of the acting felt ehhhh, I felt that Coulson actually acted poorly....matter of fact the only actors I fully enjoyed was the Asian girl, Fritz and Simmons. I still felt like the show was fun though