Marvel's Agents of Shield (Season 1 thread)

PoPimp84

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Back seat of a Caddy
I haven't watched it and prolly won't till the weekend....

but it looks like a bunch of you disappointed cats was sitting there waiting on it to be a mid-level point between The Avengers movie and The Avengers cartoon.... production wise, costume wise and storywise.

You really expected to see some superpowered task force taking down The Masters of Evil or them trying to stop Juggernaut from taking a walk.

"But but it showed LUKE CAGE, man! I... I just wanted to see Spidey-Man swing in the background just one time... :to:"

instead we got a marvel show with NO interesting characters aside from Colson. no excuse because even marvels c and d list characters can make things entertaining. i know its just the first episode but dayum the pilot is supposed to have some bite to get that viewership. this shyt lookin real toothless right now

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
It's like I was telling somebody on fb.

Whedon's characters always take either a few episodes or a whole season to grow into his writing style. He has to get comfortable with them. Find their unique voice.... or like his Astonishing X-Men run, figure how to fit certain characters into his favorite archtypes.

Buffy didn't get it together until season 2.
Angel didn't get it together until 3/4 the way through season 1.
Dollhouse got it... sorta.

But in today's climate, a weak run of first season eps is gonna get Firefly'ed.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall some fast food entertainment fans

fukk that, the first episode was medicore. It's too much legitimately dope TV on the air right to be fukking around on some slow burn shyt shyt with weak dialog sub par acting.

If it gets better then cool, but lets not act like the first episode was even in spitting distance great. Seemingly all the defense of the first episode is "Wheadon's shows start slow but they get better over time". Everybody acknowledges that series has huge potential, but that first episode wasn't anything to rave about.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I watched it and thought it was solid. There were some cheesy moments and of course the characters need work and fleshing out, but they had a lot of stuff to introduce in just one hour. The potential is there which is good. The hacker chick reminds me of Aubrey Plaza in the looks department.

For anybody worrying about the show getting canceled, don't be it. It premiered to some of the highest ratings this season and is virtually a lock to see a second season.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I'm certain that its going to pick up even more soon. I just hope Person of Interest and this show can Co-Exist in the same timeslot because Person Of Interest is my favorite show

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I think people expect too much, give it two more episodes. You see the Marvel logo in the beginning. You see "shield" you think avengers you see 'joss whedon' and your mind is automatically set at an astronomical height

it was boring and azz, even the old spiderman tas made shield looked cool

this was yawn

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
It's like I was telling somebody on fb.

Whedon's characters always take either a few episodes or a whole season to grow into his writing style. He has to get comfortable with them. Find their unique voice.... or like his Astonishing X-Men run, figure how to fit certain characters into his favorite archtypes.

Buffy didn't get it together until season 2.
Angel didn't get it together until 3/4 the way through season 1.
Dollhouse got it... sorta.

But in today's climate, a weak run of first season eps is gonna get Firefly'ed.

:sadbron: