Marvel's Agents of Shield (Season 1 thread)

Batz

The Freaks Come out At Night
Daps
Thought it was dope, and can't wait to see the rest of the season:ehh:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I think some of you came into this show with unrealistic expectations. As a show, it looks like it's gonna be dope. Hopefully it maintains or improves on this level of storytelling

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Characters that would be perfect for this show...
Dr. Strange, Dr. Voodoo, The Wrecking Crew, The Hood, Mockingbird, She-Hulk (but green skin will kill their budget), Baron Von Strucker, Clay Quartermaine, Quake, Zodiac, Taskmaster, Kang

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I haven't watched it and prolly won't till the weekend....

but it looks like a bunch of you disappointed cats was sitting there waiting on it to be a mid-level point between The Avengers movie and The Avengers cartoon.... production wise, costume wise and storywise.

You really expected to see some superpowered task force taking down The Masters of Evil or them trying to stop Juggernaut from taking a walk.

"But but it showed LUKE CAGE, man! I... I just wanted to see Spidey-Man swing in the background just one time... :to:"

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven't watched it and prolly won't till the weekend....

but it looks like a bunch of you disappointed cats was sitting there waiting on it to be a mid-level point between The Avengers movie and The Avengers cartoon.... production wise, costume wise and storywise.

You really expected to see some superpowered task force taking down The Masters of Evil or them trying to stop Juggernaut from taking a walk.

"But but it showed LUKE CAGE, man! I... I just wanted to see Spidey-Man swing in the background just one time... :to:"

Nah man, I wasn't expecting anyting like that. I just wanted a good S.H.I.E.L.D. show.

It wasn't bad but it wasn't all that good either. It was a mediocre ass show. If it didn't have the marvel connection people wouldn't be trying to overhype it. I found most of the characters to be annoying and poorly acted. Only ones I gave a fukk about where Coulson, Melinda May, The black guy from the trailer, Maria Hill, and the black guy who played the doctor.

Nothing about the show really grabbed me or made me feel like it couldn't miss the next episode. The show has promise but I think they fukked up on the casting.

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
I think people expect too much, give it two more episodes. You see the Marvel logo in the beginning. You see "shield" you think avengers you see 'joss whedon' and your mind is automatically set at an astronomical height

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think people expect too much, give it two more episodes. You see the Marvel logo in the beginning. You see "shield" you think avengers you see 'joss whedon' and your mind is automatically set at an astronomical height

Like I said, I think it's just not that good. It has the potential to get much better but the first episode was "Meh".

I'm legit surprised that more people aren't commenting on how bad some of the acting was. You could tell who the seasoned actors were and the ones who weren't.

The way the dialog went it was like they wanted that field agent to come across as a cold badass but he was anything but. He came across like a rookie trying to play tough.

The Fritz-Simmons duo and that Sky broad were just annoying. None of their dialog felt natural and it wasn't because of the script so much as their acting.