"Marvel is like a stripper, exciting at first, when it's over, you realize it wasn't all that great"

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The problem with this is Superman is arguably the most popular character DC has. Next to Batman.

Captain America and The Avengers aren't top tier.

They have the Disney machine behind them. That is the most important part that you left out of your post. It does not matter who was popular in the comics when you factor in what Disney brings to the table in terms of marketing. You also left out that Robert Downey Jr. is carrying a lot of the MCU on his back. He's worth every penny.

Plus, Man of Steel was an origin flick and many people were turned off by Superman Returns. They made a huge mistake when they tried to continue the Donner era Superman. There were some 40-year old fan boys who loved it but the majority of movie goers do not want to see that anymore. Man of Steel made damn good money considering those factors.

It's comparable to what happened with Spider-Man over at SONY. The first three films made a ridiculous amount of money but Spider-Man 3 turned a lot of people off. Then they decided to do an origin film AGAIN and while I don't think it was terrible, it was a very mixed reaction. Spider-Man franchise should be banking a billion dollars or more every time a film drops. There's no reason it should be doing Winter Soldier or Days of Future Past numbers (i.e. good but not near the potential).

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
maybe where you grew up in rural Iowa cuz... now a days kids have the internet and are into all kinds of comics... it's not just supes and bats like in the 80's

:mjlol:

Comics aren't driving Marvel breh. They're cancelling comics left and right to focus on the movies. Kids heard of The Avengers off the movie doing $1.5 billion, not because they sold more comics.

They probably sold more comics because of the movies, not the other way around.

Fred.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Bane bringing down the CIA plane and expecting they won't be able to figure out what

Dagget’s plan to take over Wayne Enterprises makes no sense. He needs Bruce Wayne’s fingerprints to make a bunch of bad stock decisions in order to momentarily ruin the company and push him out of the board. Okay. But why the hell would he use Bruce’s fingerprints the same day as the planned stock market attack? Don’t you think that if all the policemen would find it suspicious that Bruce Wayne was not present on the scene of the attack and that none of the hundreds of witnesses saw him there? Wouldn't they find it suspicious that Wayne Enterprises goes down the exact second the terrorists attack the Gotham stock market? Wouldn't all transactions be cancelled or called into question anyway after the computer systems were hacked in an armed raid?
my problem was that
and the fact they were like. yeah we know your identity was stolen and we know you didnt ok any of this stuff but were gonna go through with all this stuff anyway so all your money is gone

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They have the Disney machine behind them. That is the most important part that you left out of your post. It does not matter who was popular in the comics when you factor in what Disney brings to the table in terms of marketing.

Plus, Man of Steel was an origin flick and many people were turned off by Superman Returns. They made a huge mistake when they tried to continue the Donner era Superman. There were some 40-year old fan boys who loved it but the majority of movie goers do not want to see that anymore. Man of Steel made damn good money considering those factors.

It's comparable to what happened with Spider-Man over at SONY. The first three films made a ridiculous amount of money but Spider-Man 3 turned a lot of people off. Then they decided to do an origin film AGAIN and while I don't think it was terrible, it was a very mixed reaction. Spider-Man franchise should be banking a billion dollars or more every time a film drops. There's no reason it should be doing Winter Soldier or Days of Future Past numbers (i.e. good but not near the potential).

"Ironman" did half a billion before Disney came into the picture....so no.

And it's not as if the DC movies are independent. They have just as much marketing behind them as Disney, with the benefit of far more popular characters.

And it's not about Superman specifically. "Ironman 3" did more than "The Dark Knight" and "The Dark Knight Rises". That shouldn't happen, for any reason. It's a C tier Marvel character vs an A tier DC character.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
"Ironman" did half a billion before Disney came into the picture....so no.

And it's not as if the DC movies are independent. They have just as much marketing behind them as Disney, with the benefit of far more popular characters.

And it's not about Superman specifically. "Ironman 3" did more than "The Dark Knight" and "The Dark Knight Rises". That shouldn't happen, for any reason. It's a C tier Marvel character vs an A tier DC character.

Fred.
That was off the heel of the Colorado shooting and people were shook of going to the movies BC of the maniac. Stop it slime. To add that Iron man 3 just came off after the avengers and got that stimulus package

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That was off the heel of the Colorado shooting and people were shook of going to the movies BC of the maniac.

"The Dark Knight", too? :patrice:

Heath Ledger's death wasn't a stimulus package?

And for the record I like "TDK" more than any Marvel movie. But Marvel took a lot less popular characters, and made them go toe-to-toe with DC's starting line up.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
"The Dark Knight", too? :patrice:

Heath Ledger's death wasn't a stimulus package?

And for the record I like "TDK" more than any Marvel movie. But Marvel took a lot less popular characters, and made them go toe-to-toe with DC's starting line up.

Fred.
I credit marvel for their marketing genius and the behemoth they have going on, difference is the Darknight trilogy is in a stand alone universe and Iron Man shared MCU Universe carries more cache than a stand alone Universe. A fairer comparison would be when BVS comes out and see how the DCU universe fares against the MCU. And I love both because they are offereing something different, from the tones of their movies to how they approached building their shared universe that is if BVS doesn't bomb :yeshrug:

Mr_X

Banned
Daps
Dark Knight is the GOAT superhero movie imo and that trilogy is great overall but DC movies are subpar outside Batman.

While Marvel's movies are not Dark Knight status, they still manage to release piff while using a lot of their roster.

With that said Batman Begins and Dark Knight are the only superhero movies i've ever re-watched.