Martin Scorsese - Marvel movies are 'not cinema'

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
[

Even Watchmen?
You know what? The more time away I have from watchmen the less I like it. I think Snyder was so stuck on recreating the look and feel of it that he forgot to convey what it means. If that means anything.

Like the tv show understood what the comic book meant. It took its themes and applied them rather than just throwing them against the wall and hoping they stick. Not recreating watchmen seems to be the best way to truly nail the tone of the comic and what it’s larger points are.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
You know what? The more time away I have from watchmen the less I like it. I think Snyder was so stuck on recreating the look and feel of it that he forgot to convey what it means. If that means anything.

Like the tv show understood what the comic book meant. It took its themes and applied them rather than just throwing them against the wall and hoping they stick. Not recreating watchmen seems to be the best way to truly nail the tone of the comic and what it’s larger points are.

:picard:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.

I still like it, but it's insane how faithful the adaptation was as far as bringing the panels to picture...while still completely missing the point and essence of the source material. The show did that much better by far and the team responsible for it will be doing Blade for Marvel which is a good sign.

Lucky Me

Woke Up Blessed
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
I enjoy most comic book movies even tho I know the shyt is fluff, but Marty is right about his criticisms of them and If I gotta choose what's more important to cinema his filmography or the million comic book films I'ma choose Marty every time.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
This shyt is still funny :russ:

Still incredible people expect a man his age who grew up on the shyt he grew up on to truly respect comic book films. He’s not going to. He won’t. At least not the ones that make a billion dollars.

Let that shyt go.
That’s why people are encouraging him to stay home, be a grand pop and watch cars on the front porch but some people seem to be angered by that :jbhmm:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That’s why people are encouraging him to stay home, be a grand pop and watch cars on the front porch but some people seem to be angered by that :jbhmm:
I can hear that but it all reeks of “how dare this old man not like what I love” when in reality, who cares? I get Scorsese is who he is and his opinion holds weight in the larger scope of film, but if you love something and someone else doesn’t, so the fukk what?

The internet, and the larger film world as a whole, looks for validation entirely too much. If you think guardians of the galaxy or infinity war is the greatest thing since edible thongs, then feel that shyt and say it with your chest.

Someone they look up to disagreeing shouldn’t change that or make anyone feel less secure about their opinions. That’s the wildest part about this whole shyt to me

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I like Marvel movies, but I hate how they've almost killed off regular action movies.

I also hate how almost all of them are just action-comedies.
This is one of my biggest gripes with the comic book films. The characters are about to die or the world is about to end and its nothing but a pure joke fest:unimpressed:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
This is one of my biggest gripes with the comic book films. The characters are about to die or the world is about to end and its nothing but a pure joke fest:unimpressed:
Thats that comic book accuracy right there.

Spidey could be getting his teeth kicked in and still find a way to make fun of Green Goblins costume.

:russ: