Martin Scorsese - Marvel movies are 'not cinema'

Daps
Yeah okay :mjlol: I've been discussing his movies on here and back on SOHH for years, especially his stedi cam shots in Goodfellas which I made threads about for how influential the technique had become. You're just grasping at straws now.

Let's try this a different way.. what were you even doing in the Oscars thread? Why were you posting in there? You don't 'care' about it right.. :sas2:

Posting about how they adding BP to the best picture nominations was a publicity stunt to stem the loss of viewership.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Why are a lot of Scorsese's movies racist?

they’re not...

it might have racist language bc that’s how the characters talk. Italian mobsters are notoriously racist. Also consider his films are period pieces. The majority of America was openly racist in the 50s,60s,70s

I’d rather film be realistic than have some fugazi ass shyt thrown in like ohhhh this mobster didn’t cheat on his wife and supported the black community. Cmon man everyone would see thru that shyt

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
they’re not...

it might have racist language bc that’s how the characters talk. Italian monsters are notoriously racist. Also consider his films are period pieces. The majority of America was openly racist in the 50s,60s,70s

..and is in 2019. Ain't shyt changed, really. These Marvel cats are something else I tell ya, tryna outdo TLR now :russ:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
they’re not...

it might have racist language bc that’s how the characters talk. Italian mobsters are notoriously racist. Also consider his films are period pieces. The majority of America was openly racist in the 50s,60s,70s

I’d rather film be realistic than have some fugazi ass shyt thrown in like ohhhh this mobster didn’t cheat on his wife and supported the black community. Cmon man everyone would see thru that shyt
Yeah see That's my issue. He only does one kind of movie. The kind white people use the N word unironically. Maybe those films aren't for black people. :hubie:I try not to fukk with that.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Yeah see That's my issue. He only does one kind of movie. The kind white people use the N word unironically. Maybe those films aren't for black people. :hubie:I try not to fukk with that.

Another post full of nonsense. Scorsese has done all types of genres. He doesn't just do "one type of movie".. Sit down somewhere with your weak attempt at being a coli militant :russ:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
And don't fukking try me on some fake militant shyt, I don't see you clowns anywhere near higher learning.. don't ever try to preach to me and don't try to tie your stannery for kids movies to real issues either :what:
Or what? Commands don't work over the internet. lol

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm not the one who half the board has on ignore, enjoy talking to your three fakkit buddies :pachaha:
Oh half? I wonder where you got that stat or are you just making shyt up? :mjlol:
I know two DC stans who have me on ignore and one got banned so, one person. Unless you want to name some names? :ld: