Martin Scorsese - Marvel movies are 'not cinema'

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Are the people that sit on the panels and decide what gets awards not just people with opinions like you an I? :dahell:

Fred.

No, they aren't. They actually work in the industry and I'm glad you brought that up because that's how this whole thread started. Some people got mad over Scorsese's comments on kids movies and the fans of kids movies said "oh well, he's just a guy anyway" and nah... I disagree completely.

If someone thinks he's just a guy, okay but don't try to push that on me or others. That's like "I don't wanna hear shyt about Nas and writing, Nas is just a guy"

What's the difference in the comparison I just made? None. Nas ain't just a guy, Scorsese ain't just a guy.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The funny thing is this time last year these Marvel cats was like "Black Panther all the awards!!! :blessed: " and they were throwing celebrations in the Oscar thread. Black Panther was good too and I was happy to see it win a few awards, it didn't win the big ones but that's okay.. I was happy for the hard working and classy individuals who got recognized for their hard work on that film.

But fast-forward to this year and it's "who cares about awards" from these dudes, what a difference a year makes :manny:

Daps
The funny thing is this time last year these Marvel cats was like "Black Panther all the awards!!! :blessed: " and they were throwing celebrations in the Oscar thread. Black Panther was good too and I was happy to see it win a few awards, it didn't win the big ones but that's okay.. I was happy for the hard working and classy individuals who got recognized for their hard work on that film.

But fast-forward to this year and it's "who cares about awards" from these dudes, what a difference a year makes :manny:

Which posters were celebrating in the Oscar thread? I know Hex didn’t care. I remember making a post along the lines of “don’t care, still not gonna watch.”

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

Yeah, double standards when it no longer applies to them.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I haven’t read this thread so this may have already come up.

Martin Scorcese’s most famous films do nothing for society and have no message. I like The Irishman a lot, but what was the viewer supposed to get from it? Mafia movies are comic book movies for a different audience except comic book movies touch on societal topics and becomes part of the zeitgeist.

Avengers Infinity Wars was way more relevant to current society than The Irishman. I like Scorsese a lot and do agree that comic book movies can be goofy and shows how we regressed as a society, but his films aren’t the best way to combat that.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I haven’t read this thread so this may have already come up.

Martin Scorcese’s most famous films do nothing for society and have no message. I like The Irishman a lot, but what was the viewer supposed to get from it? Mafia movies are comic book movies for a different audience except comic book movies touch on societal topics and becomes part of the zeitgeist.

Avengers Infinity Wars was way more relevant to current society than The Irishman. I like Scorsese a lot and do agree that comic book movies can be goofy and shows how we regressed as a society, but his films aren’t the best way to combat that.
Your first 2 paragraphs are on point

you lost me with the last paragraphs. Seems to be a lot of projecting. It’s entertainment

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Which posters were celebrating in the Oscar thread? I know Hex didn’t care. I remember making a post along the lines of “don’t care, still not gonna watch.”

Yeah, we still waiting on receipts. lol

Other than trolling and mocking certain posters who was touting the Oscar that SS won (aka the usual suspects)..... that’s all I recall. No one really did care, it was just a fukkery.

And ain’t know one gonna pull no “real receipts” they just wanna push a fake narrative :mjlol:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Your first 2 paragraphs are on point

you lost me with the last paragraphs. Seems to be a lot of projecting. It’s entertainment
Projecting what? My whole point is it’s all entertainment. Because Scorsese makes movies that don’t impact society or have a deeper message, doesn’t mean I enjoy them any less. Same way it’s kinda weird that we into comic book movies now but it’s all entertainment.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Look at the created emojis :russ: they really take their time with this shyt.

I can keep going :sas2:

Look at this guy. He's right, he said he wasn't watching it. Why? Not because he "didn't care" but rather he was pissed that Black Panther wasn't going to win :pachaha:

I don’t give a damn if the nominate Black Panther for every award, I ain’t watching. I’m not getting fooled with this bait and switch. No ones watching the oscars, so let’s nominate popular films with no chance of winning.

I'm not getting fooled with the bait and switch :pachaha:

Daps
Look at the created emojis :russ: they really take their time with this shyt.

I can keep going :sas2:

Look at this guy. He's right, he said he wasn't watching it. Why? Not because he "didn't care" but rather he was pissed that Black Panther wasn't going to win :pachaha:

I'm not getting fooled with the bait and switch :pachaha:

So you gonna ignore the context of that post? What does that last line say? I was clearly talking about how the Oscars added in a popular movie because they were losing ratings. Or did you forget that the Oscars tried to add a best popular movie category?

So you’re evidence is a troll post? And a fairly deliberate misreading of my post?

how on earth are you such a Scorsese stan? You don’t seem to understand nuance and context, like at all. At this point I’m not even sure you understand the movies you’re riding for.