Martin Scorsese - Marvel movies are 'not cinema'

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
they live blinded by the idea that doing good is how one succeeds in life. Without corruption there no progress in business.
Philosophy nice.
Corruption also can lead to legal trouble, guilt, vengeance from others. So doing the least harm leads to less problems. You reap what you sow.
Mo money, mo' problems, etc.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The artists who are nominated are people who have worked in film for more than 30 years most of them, they've seen everything. They also don't vote in every category.

This is 100% bullshyt.

You act like because a person is a professional make up artist or costume designer that that disqualifies them from knowing about film when in fact they've been around film most of them for their entire lives... so they see first hand the process that goes into film making far more up close than the average person.

And remember the reason why this is an ongoing thread is because Marvel cats can't let it go that nobody cares about popcorn movies like that. It isn't enough that they make a lot of money, they want the movies to be "respected" and that's how this all began in the first place.

Then when they lost the argument they moved on trying to be fake militants :russ:

Let's leave out the fact that the majority of Oscar voters are directors, writers, production designers, cinematographers, actors and the like...

Yes.. they do know more about film, oh well

I never said it disqualifies them. I said there's nothing to suggest they're more knowledgeable about movies than the average person.

And the panel expands every year....in the last year it's grown from around 7,000 to 9,000....and no, not all those people have "been around film their entire lives". Some only have 1-2 film credits in any category.

Others are Adele, or Kendrick Lamar, or executives, or film distributors, or completely random ass people that got on because of celebrity, nepotism, or to reach a "diversity quota" after #OscarsSoWhite.

The fact of the matter is you have no idea how many of the Academy are actually qualified to make these kinds of decisions. You're disingenuously saying "the majority" (based on absolutely nothing, mind you) because the alternative is you spent the last 20 pages :krs: over a hairdresser or a guy with 2 film credits telling you that "Joker" is worthy of awards.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
More bullshyt. I've read articles from Oscar voters and they are way more knowledgeable about film than most people who are posting in this thread. Sorry that the kids movies weren't recognized this year, guys.

I noticed that when asked to pull receipts on Marvel cats who were giddy about the Oscars last year and I did, that they weren't mentioned again :mjgrin:

Daps
More bullshyt. I've read articles from Oscar voters and they are way more knowledgeable about film than most people who are posting in this thread. Sorry that the kids movies weren't recognized this year, guys.

I noticed that when asked to pull receipts on Marvel cats who were giddy about the Oscars last year and I did, that they weren't mentioned again :mjgrin:

nothing you said negates anything Hex said.

Latest Class of Oscar Voters Is Nearly Half Women

8200 people in the academy. Do you have articles from the 8200? Show me the article from Tiffany Haddish or Amy Schumer. How about from a makeup artist?

and you didn’t pull receipts showing anyone being giddy. You pulled posts and ignored all possible context.

but please keep talking about how all 8200 members of the Academy are film experts.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Respect Future more than Nas brehs.. because that makes sense. Nas clearly doesn't know more about writing than Future, right? :yawn:

Cats about to lose their lives because someone challenges their viewpoints. Like, they want humanity to bow to their opinion. :dwillhuh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Cats about to lose their lives because someone challenges their viewpoints. Like, they want humanity to bow to their opinion. :dwillhuh:

0nPX60l.png

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say with this post and ol boy you quoted sounds drunk.

What he said about Future/Nas had nothing to do with what I said.

Fred.