Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
disney 2019

giphy.gif

martin scorsese 2019

4043904_0.jpg

:wow:

the fact that marty has never and will never be able to create a cinematic moment like this will forever burn his soul :wow:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I guess "giving no fukks" is short hand for "acting like a clown" in your world.

Dude just went on a "get off my lawn"-esque rant about young people's understanding of life and history.

That's cool shyt to you? :russ:

Like I said, the more dude talks the more he comes off bitter and :flabbynsick:

Fred.

:mjlol: at all of this. He is being asked to give his opinion and he gave it. Apologies if he doesn't think there's anything great about some comic movies where the whole story is some CGI beating up some other CGI to "save the world.." Rinse and repeat. You can try to talk all you want about a "bonding experience" but he is talking about the writing and directing which is handcuffed in these movies and yeah.. if he feels cinema should be deeper than green screen shyt then that's his opinion.

And the reason this thread is so long and why everyone is responding to this and why it's been such a hot topic is because Scorsese is one of the GOAT directors with a GOAT tier catalog and his films stood the test of time. They are legendary. His techniques are an inspiration to every living director today.

His opinion matters.. That's how it works. You can say he sounds :flabbynsick: but it's nonsense, The Irishman he made at 70-something years old is going to be regarded as one of the best films of the year today... in 2019...

You hate to see it :manny:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Does anyone else find it suspicious that these great white male directors waited until the first phase was over to comment on how terrible the MCU franchise is? Over a decade and twenty movies later, there was complete silence from these guys. But now after RDJ and Chris Evans have retired from the leads and we have the most diverse cast on deck for phase 2 with a Black Captain America and Ms. Marvel, all of a sudden everyone has commentary about how this whole thing is trash? Maybe it's just my militant inner child talking but I find the timing of these comments suspicious.:wtb:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Does anyone else find it suspicious that these great white male directors waited until the first phase was over to comment on how terrible the MCU franchise is? Over a decade and twenty movies later, there was complete silence from these guys. But now after RDJ and Chris Evans have retired from the leads and we have the most diverse cast on deck for phase 2 with a Black Captain America and Ms. Marvel, all of a sudden everyone has commentary about how this whole thing is trash? Maybe it's just my militant inner child talking but I find the timing of these comments suspicious.:wtb:

Nah, Im as militant as it gets (check TLR and Higher Learning), but "JOKER" really got the MCU scared because now, people are talking about quality over box office numbers.

Oscar Season is closing upon us.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s not like they’re holding press conferences to discuss their dislike. He got asked a question and he answered.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: at all of this. He is being asked to give his opinion and he gave it. Apologies if he doesn't think there's anything great about some comic movies where the whole story is some CGI beating up some other CGI to "save the world.." Rinse and repeat. You can try to talk all you want about a "bonding experience" but he is talking about the writing and directing which is handcuffed in these movies and yeah.. if he feels cinema should be deeper than green screen shyt then that's his opinion.

And the reason this thread is so long and why everyone is responding to this and why it's been such a hot topic is because Scorsese is one of the GOAT directors with a GOAT tier catalog and his films stood the test of time. They are legendary. His techniques are an inspiration to every living director today.

His opinion matters.. That's how it works. You can say he sounds :flabbynsick: but it's nonsense, The Irishman he made at 70-something years old is going to be regarded as one of the best films of the year today... in 2019...

You hate to see it :manny:

Fam I don't even know what the fukk you're talking about any more.

I said several times in the thread if he kept his critiques to the movies themselves, then we're good.

Dude saying "they shouldn't be in theaters" is goofy shyt.

Dude going on a rant about how young people don't care about Jimmy Hoffa, is goofy shyt.

Nobody gave a fukk about Hoffa in 2018, or 2008, 1998, or 1988. I'm guessing 1978 either, but I was only 2 so who the fukk knows.

If he just came out shytting on comic movies :manny: whatever but over the course of the last month he's made a fool of himself.

If you look at his comments in their entirety, his whole beef seems to be hinged on the public (and young people specifically) caring more about seeing comic movies than a Jimmy Hoffa movie he made. And his answer to that was "well, comic movies shouldn't be in theaters". Which is obviously bitterness that his own, current movie is barely in theaters.

And cats response to that is "oh well, he's a legend!" :dahell:

You cats act like someone can't be a legend, and still do clown shyt.

Fred.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
It’s not like they’re holding press conferences to discuss their dislike. He got asked a question and he answered.

Did Aniston and Coppola just get randomly asked as well? I'm just wondering why anyone would put the MCU in their mouth when promoting their own movie? It actually seems counter productive. Alienate a potential new audience of young people by trashing something they like.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
I doubt he even knows what phase 2 even is. You have to remember he's not a MCU fan or a film room poster he doesn't give that much of a fukk :manny:
Not only that, but his comments have nothing to do with phase 2 considering no phase 2 movies have even been released yet. He isn't from the future breh he's obviously talking about how things are now.

Did Aniston and Coppola just get randomly asked as well? I'm just wondering why anyone would put the MCU in their mouth when promoting their own movie? It actually seems counter productive. Alienate a potential new audience of young people by trashing something they like.

Aniston heard his comments after they already gained traction and became a big topic and decided to give her 2 cents on the matter

Coppola was at a press conference and someone asked and he answered. This isn't the first time directors have given their opinions before

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
We will likely never see a feat to the scale of 20+ movies leading to what we just saw, so seamlessly. That is a blessing and a curse in and of itself. Marvel has the faith of consumers. But they can't top what they just did. So I think the best move forward is to let writers write, let directors direct, and make some great shyt that can stand on its own. There's plenty of source material to do that. If you see a plausible reason to tie storylines together, cool. If not, just keep adapting good shyt.
This

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.

They aren't holding press conferences but Scorsese isn't just sitting back waiting to be asked about the shyt, he is actively campaigning against "Marvel movies", he's trying to rally people against them. This is his way of 'fighting back' against an the invasion of the 2 or 3 Marvel movies that come out a year while also trying to promote his movie on Netflix, a company who has their own fight against Disney as the streaming wars get more competitive in November.

Aniston brought it up when asked why she's going back to TV, knowing damn well if Marvel Studios called her for something she'd trip over her t*ts trying to get the role. She's bitter and her arch nemesis (Jolie) is a lead in The Eternals.

Last edited: