Martin Scorsese - Marvel movies are 'not cinema'

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

Sam doesnt know what he is talking about!

Sounds like another marFOOL stan!

these marvel stans sicken me!

:RocketMarvel:

martin is probably mad because he hears about marvel all day. well he should get used to it, he just experienced a once in a life time, generation defining feat. he's :yawn: and just watched :mjgrin: win his first championship. he better buckle up because this is just the beginning :IseeyouplayboiMarvel:

honestly he reminds me of me when i was a teenager in my "real hip hop" phase :mjlol: thankfully i grew up and realized its all only entertainment :huhldup:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
They know this and that's what truly hurts about the criticism of these films. On the sly, lot of these comic book movie fans aren't even fans of those movies like that, its just a pop culture phenomenon they can attach themselves to to be in the moment and feel wanted.

Decades later, people are still watching, analyzing, and referencing Scorsese movies. Is that going to happen with Avengers 6: The Infinity Sock? fukk no.

That's cuz movies, films, Cinema, "the art story telling," or whatever elitists are calling it isn't that deep to majority of movie watchers. We watch a movie, enjoy the moment and move the fukk on. Titanic is considered a classic. But do I wanna replay that shyt every other day or week? fukk no.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
I liken these new Hollywood movies (not just Marvel) to the current state of pop music. They are bland, lifeless and lacking much effort. They use cgi and action to distract you from the reality that they are just watered down versions of previous stories. Older movies were much better than these newer ones. But this is only my humble opinion.
See here’s the thing, you could be right and you certainly have the right to that opinion, but new pop music is still music.

if Marty just said he didn’t like marvel movies, I don’t think anyone would have a problem with that. But saying they’re not even cinema just makes him come off as an out of touch, elitist hater.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Marvel stans
tenor.gif

They act like everyone is obligated to like these movies.
Its ok to like these movies and its ok not to like them. Some of these fanboys follow these movies like a cult...Like going to watch endgame 10 times so it can beat avatar
Scorsese has timeless classic... fukk mass appeal
Youre either a dumbass or disengenous. No one is saying anything about him not liking the movie, look at the thread title.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
he is fukking riiiiight!!!

comic films..taking too much of our viewing!!!

but hey..this will breed the new generation to develop greater films..
I think that's where he's getting at. They've dominated the cultural zeitgeist and it's being more desired for than most things original. It's a boy band, it's McDonald's, it is a theme park. An entertainment phenomenon that takes in large some of money but carries little weight. You can go back to this theme park as much as you want but you're just anticipating the next ride and the next etc.

"First I'm gonna go on the rollercoaster and then the rollercoaster with the loops, then the carousel and then..."
"Well first you have Iron Man, then Iron Man 2 you introduce Natasha and the stones and then bring in Capt America, who had his own movie and then..."

There's films made to entertain and there's films made for the art of cinema. To paraphrase Billy Walsh of Entourage, Feige and nem makes movies, Scorsese makes films.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
His flicks are mostly critical darlings that don't have mass appeal, therefore not much income on the front end, becoming cult faves down the line.

Superhero flicks are cgi-fests that are lowest-common-denominator pap that don't require audiences to think too hard and rake in the cash accordingly.

It's Disney. Of course they'll go with the money and social engineering, that's what they're about.