Martin Scorsese - Marvel movies are 'not cinema'

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
lol

those Marvel's are so bad, I walked out of first Avengers after 15 minutes and got my money back

and an exgf made me watch Ant Man - easily the worst movie I've ever seen

It's terrifying to me to think that this many "adults" are obsessed with shytty kid's movies... the education system in this country is failing

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
lol

those Marvel's are so bad, I walked out of first Avengers after 15 minutes and got my money back

It's terrifying to me to think that this many "adults" are obsessed with shytty kid's movies... the education system in this country is failing
Yeahhh I kinda agree with you. Adults being obsessed with these kid's movies is cringeworthy for sure. Like enough is enough.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
How the fukk this thread got so many pages? :mjlol:
Because it's the truth. It's not to say these movies aren't fun and entertaining. They also get some talented creators involved in some of them but at the same time these movies exist simply because they've become trendy and make money by the truck load. They're good at what they do but they aren't made for the love of the art being the primary driving factor.

If Christopher Nolan comes up with a good idea for a movie and goes to a studio with it and deep into filming he decides nope and blows it up that's it. If some plug in Marvel movie director does that they'll simply plug in some other director. For now the captain of the ship has been making the right moves but this could just as easily turn into Star Wars which has been stripped bare to everyone as a product that simply exist to make money and not because the people making it are all that passionate about it.

Marvel films do a better job hiding that fact. Star Wars has brought in talent but still can't mask to the audience that they simply exist to be cash grabs. Marvel films can also steal from the comic stories and just adapt them.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
lol

how does one come to that conclusion from this?

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
lol

watch 2 movies from a 20 film franchise
the ones that are rated 7 and think you have the whole franchise figured out brehs :dead:
MCU is no different than being obsessed with sports

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
If this were true, respectfully, this thread wouldn't be over 100 pages long. :francis:

This thread has superhero movie stans going over the 7 stages of grief over a Martin quote. Lets not pretend that it doesn't.

If y'all really didn't value the messenger or didn't believe what he says holds weight, this thread would have done 1 page max.
false, there are more pages of people :cape: for him like he is a emotionless robot that cant be jealous of others success and whose opinion is infallible