Martin Scorsese - Marvel movies are 'not cinema'

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Except don't watch his Batman trilogy I guess. lol

black-dynamite-i-sell-drugs-to-the-community.gif

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
agreed, coming from a guy who loves sports and marvel movies. People enjoy what they enjoy, I dont get why people need to judge or demonize someone no matter how old they are for liking comic book movies

some people love guns, love anime, love farming, love exercise- whatever you are into, as long as it doesnt hurt anyone, why judge- if you dont like it, dont consume and move on
If you dumb down movies and it gets popular, you're going to see more dumbed down, bad movies

That's plenty of a reason right there

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
This is like the epitome of a early 2000s meme on some "when they watch The Avengers, I watch Ali: Fear Eats the Soul" type of patronizing die on hills.

Never change Marly Marl and this is coming from a cinephile.

Daps

Double down Marty

If he really means this, he should be lobbying to lower production costs and ticket prices. Average Joe cinema goer that makes $21/hr is probably not to keen to drop $20+ on a 3-hour director’s auteur vision on a topic that they generally have no interest in.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Yep 3 out of 12. They still count tho.
And you left out Tenet, it was supposed to save cinema after the pandemic and failed. Lucky Sony did Spiderman 3 and actually saved cinema.
That was an unfair burden for any movie to shoulder