Marlon Wayans Finally GOT ONE with this! Stand Up Special God Loves Me

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Funnier than Rocks by far.

Terrible take. Even when Marlon's material is compelling (which some of it was in this special), he is not in the same stratosphere as Chris when it comes to stand up comedy. Chris Rock on his worst day is still better at the art of stand up comedy than Marlon at his peak.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Terrible take. Even when Marlon's material is compelling (which some of it was in this special), he is not in the same stratosphere as Chris when it comes to stand up comedy. Chris Rock on his worst day is still better at the art of stand up comedy than Marlon at his peak.
Watch both and give me your take. This is Rocks worse performance outside the last 7 min.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

Never been a fan of his standup. He was always goofy to me not funny.

But THIS ONE was funny from beginning to end. He took a cliche’ (Will Smith slapping Chris Rock) and built an entire set around it. But the execution for the jokes and how he personalized it was, dare I say, Genius.

I'm shocked cause I think Marlon is the most unfunny mofo ever. Checked it off the strength of this thread and that shyt was hilarious. And trust I was waiting to hate on it lol.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Very good, can see his progression as a stand up. He still has time to get better too. Crazy seeing dudes hit their stride around 50 (Marlon/Deon Cole)

His best material to date. No need to compare but Rock's special had higher highs, lower lows. This was much more conceptual, kinda like Neil Brennan's joints.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I will never understand the hate for Will Smith's music that isn't Summertime.

I like Men In Black Soundtrack, Big Willy Style, and Lost & Found.

Will never made wack music in my eyes or “White people” music. He’s as black as any other rapper with his subject matter thats not gangster he just doesn’t cuss