Marlon Wayans Finally GOT ONE with this! Stand Up Special God Loves Me

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
I watches this last night. Had the :unimpressed: the whole time.

I get it. The setup and the way he moved from one joke to the next was really nice and seemed thought out but the jokes themselves didn't get any chuckle from me.

The last kumbaya part with him thanking Chris Rock was cringey for me.

All in all, yall oversold this. I give it a 6/10

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I watches this last night. Had the :unimpressed: the whole time.

I get it. The setup and the way he moved from one joke to the next was really nice and seemed thought out but the jokes themselves didn't get any chuckle from me.

The last kumbaya part with him thanking Chris Rock was cringey for me.

All in all, yall oversold this. I give it a 6/10

I mean, there were some moments that were dry, but for the most part my wife and I damn near woke my son up. Dude channeled that pain of being looked as the goofy one, instead of a legit actOUR...and black out throughout the entire special.

It's like dude held all of that shyt within him from the channeling of his show, the shytty roles and movies he was stuck to do. The special felt more of a play, than a comedy special.

Marlon channeled his inner Mooney :wow:

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches

Is this true? If so, Marlon ain't shyt. And smh at saying that Chris' karma. Im sure Marlon has been mean spirited to someone. Sounds like some narcissist shyt

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos

Is this true? If so, Marlon ain't shyt. And smh at saying that Chris' karma. Im sure Marlon has been mean spirited to someone. Sounds like some narcissist shyt

Yeah and no.

The standup started off bitter as all hell, but once you start to see where he was coming from...it was probably one of the best standups I have seen in a while. Dude connected the dots and made peace with the entire situation. The bird tweeting about it doesn't know a single damn thing and missed the whole entire point of the special, especially towards the end where he found the healing from all the years of vent up frustration.

Meanwhile, CR spent the whole year plotting revenge and everybody trying to see this man stick it to Will, when in reality both parties were clowns (CR with the corny ass joke, and Will for being an oversized simp).

Marlon even shytted on Will during that special...so it was all firing cylinders.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
It’s OK. This shyt felt like a Laugh Factory or Cellar set

You know how you hear stories about legendary sets where Chappelle does 4 hours just talking and cracking jokes, or how comedians pop in randomly and do an hour talking shyt about current events and it’s funny af.

That was this set.

This would have killed me if I was at a comedy club and he did this set, but if you told me beforehand that he was doing an hour about a year old “current” event I wouldn’t have gone.