Marcus Garvey Wrote a Letter to White Supremacist Earnest Cox Calling Negros Lazy

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
I see where Umar gets it from. He constantly denigrates and talks down to black people. Recently he has had the gall to blame black contractors for the reason why he has had the school 3 years and not one renovation has been done yet. Said they ALL failed to do their tasks and took the money. Now he is going to go to the Mexicans :scust:

Umar calls black people c00ns more than white people do

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Thecoli.com where we pick apart Black revolutionaries from the comfort of of our heated homes and computer chairs. Real revolutionary :stopitslime:
Nothing wrong with looking at our revolutionaries failures and missteps and learning from them. The hilarious thing the MAGA coli is already trying to say it's because he's West Indian :mjlol: . I hate to break it to yall but self hate and colorism is worldwide.

Last edited:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
\
Damn... Just seeing Garvey now after all these years.

Lot to unpack.
Look at it as a man that a goal in mind to help black people but started to feel himself after he got some fame and money. His original teachings are still valid but homie turned into a colorist c00n towards the end :mjcry:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Not sure if I posted this here already.

The BTP crew examines Garvey's comments about ADOS/Freedmen.

they talk about the true meaning of the Red, Black and Green

STAMPED

The part at 38:52 on "civilizing backwards africans" I pointed out before in another thread and is the reason why Dubois was actually waaayyyyy more "pro African" than Garvey. Garvey didn't actually respect African culture, he was obsessed with high European culture:

Further, unlike some present Garveyites, Garvey had no interest in banishing the Western canon. Instead, he argued that Western thinkers endowed civilisation with a useful body of knowledge responsible for creating the modern world. The estimable Marcus Garvey was versed in Western philosophy and would view attempts at replacing the Western canon with Afrocentric scholarship as political indoctrination. Many fail to understand that Garvey objected to Western imperialism. However, he wanted blacks in the diaspora and Africa to appropriate Western culture. Therefore, we should not be surprised that one of the goals of the Universal Negro Improvement Association isto assist in civilising the backward tribes of Africa”.

he sh1tted on the more "afro" rooted or black nationalist aspects of Jamaican folk/rasta culture

Conversely, Rastafarians admire Garvey, but their beliefs contradict Garveyism. To Rastafarians, Garvey is a prophet, although he never accepted this title. Further he repudiated their rituals, particularly the smoking of ganja. In an article titled 'The Dangerous Weed', published in Garvey's New Jamaican on August 13 1932, he explicitly condemned the use of ganja: “Ganja is a dangerous weed...We have come into contact with young and middle age men who have become a menace to society through the smoking of ganja.” Science has indeed confirmed Garvey's assertion, because ganja induces psychosis in some groups (Large et al 2011). Garvey may not object to the legalisation of ganja to facilitate scientific research, but he would find it untenable that Jamaicans actually take pride in smoking this herb for leisure.

In contrast to his modern acolytes, Garvey never affirmed culture nationalism. He held Obeah in low regard and had no desire in advancing backward practices on the premise that they are a part of African culture. Marcus Garvey's ideas are still relevant; however, if most Jamaicans understood them then they would definitely dump Garveyism.

The Marcus Garvey we think we know

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
The part at 38:52 on "civilizing backwards africans" I pointed out before in another thread and is the reason why Dubois was actually waaayyyyy more "pro African" than Garvey. Garvey didn't actually respect African culture, he was obsessed with high European culture:

The Marcus Garvey we think we know

here---> Marcus Garvey v.s W.E.B Dubois and the battle for Liberia

Garvey pretty much wanted to have personal leadership in Liberia/Africa with Western Blacks (West Indians + AfroAmericans) as the leaders to as he put it: "assist backwards africans".

wQfynP7.jpg

BePRILb.jpg

he basically said native africans were dumb and lazy because they didn't realize what resources they had on their hands

M8Mlxmr.jpg

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Nothing wrong with looking at our revolutionaries failures and missteps and learning from them. The hilarious thing the MAGA coli is already trying to say it's because he's West Indian :mjlol: . I hate to break it to yall but self hate and colorism is worldwide.

Many of Garvey's views were definitely shaped by his Jamaican upbringing.