Marcus Garvey v.s W.E.B Dubois and the battle for Liberia

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
We shouldn't look at MLK's idea of integration as "wanin 2 bez nxt 2 da whitey!", but just wanting a better quality of life for black people. Since better quality of life was mostly exclusive to whites and they had all the capital.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:ehh::ehh::ehh::ehh::ehh:

And yet the mainstream media tries to spin it like MLK and the NOI were "rivals."

4a08bf2eb41f2e1804f500ebcef74704f732ab849ff7

:mjcry::wow:

At the most you had a situation where the NOI was clowning MLK saying "you are silly if you think the white man will ever let you sit at the table with him even though you built it". Malcolm said in numerous speeches that "Integration" is not 3 black kids going to a white school and being chastised the entire time. People Misinterpret MLK as if he was on some " go mix and have sex with white folk :troll:" , MLK was simply like Black folks built this ish so give us what is owed, NOI took it a step further with give us what is owed AND the USA needs to be divided so a Black Nation can be formed. The thing is if MLK and Elijah got to do more together :wow::wow::wow:, like they literally met in 66 and MLK was killed two years later :wow:.

Elijah was also building Global partnerships with other African and Islamic nations so Blacks could straight bypass having to deal with Whites when it came to trade :wow:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
No... He was about blacks having access to equal resources, which would not have occurred without integration....
He was an integrationist and self admitted one, it was the base of his I have a dream speech and his final speech I've been to the mountaintop. It was simply his goal and view and it isn't surprising looking at his schooling and the influence DuBois had on black intellegensia and academics.

Rustin was an integrationist yes, MLK imo was more so (at least from what I see and came to the conclusion) is we have to be realistic and more so fight with what we have and make it work in the environment we are in while the NOI was like eff that, COMPLETE separation.

NOI or atleast Malcom were voluntary segregationists, not much different but I like to bring out that point.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
4a08bf2eb41f2e1804f500ebcef74704f732ab849ff7

:mjcry::wow:

At the most you had a situation where the NOI was clowning MLK saying "you are silly if you think the white man will ever let you sit at the table with him even though you built it". Malcolm said in numerous speeches that "Integration" is not 3 black kids going to a white school and being chastised the entire time. People Misinterpret MLK as if he was on some " go mix and have sex with white folk :troll:" , MLK was simply like Black folks built this ish so give us what is owed, NOI took it a step further with give us what is owed AND the USA needs to be divided so a Black Nation can be formed. The thing is if MLK and Elijah got to do more together :wow::wow::wow:, like they literally met in 66 and MLK was killed two years later :wow:.

Elijah was also building Global partnerships with other African and Islamic nations so Blacks could straight bypass having to deal with Whites when it came to trade :wow:

Explained it better than I did.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Explained it better than I did.

On a side note I've been trying to do more research on Gaddafi, because dude had his hand in a lot of pots when it came to the Global struggle of Blacks.

Gaddafi offered the NOI 5 Billion and said he would train and provide weapons to African Americans to start a legit military in the US but Farrakhan was like :whoa:, because you then run the risk of being seen as a "terrorist organization" which could negatively impact the lives of all Blacks in America.

And then Gaddafi was trying to build low income housing in Liberia and do other investing there when president William Tolbert was in office and trying to make Liberia truly independent of America but they got him out the paint ASAP. Funny enough Charles Taylor (the war lord credited to "destroying" Liberia) was on CIA payroll to spy on Gaddafi (Taylor was trained by Gaddafi).

More and more I read about him it seems like he was a Real One especially with him wanting to create a new Currency for Africa.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
How am I factually wrong.
Seriously. How was King and Rustin not in the integrationist side of the equation?
You're looking at MLK's idea wrong.

Like I said he just wanted a better quality of life for blacks. Look at it this way(and going by your logic), there are two hospitals one for blacks and one for whites only. The white one is the more advanced one and has the best surgeons, while the black one is not only neglected, but the doctors/surgeons have limited knowledge and can not preform certain surgeries because again they have limited knowledge(due to a neglected school).

Now you find out that you have a brain tumor. The hospital for whites only can easily treat it, while the hospital for blacks don't really have the skill to treat such surgery and if they do they have very outdated equipment. As a black person what do you do?

THIS is what MLK was talking about! That is his idea of integration. Not living cosy with good o'le whitey!

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
How am I factually wrong.
Seriously. How was King and Rustin not in the integrationist side of the equation?

Rustin was on that Sexual Access steeze (dude had a white boyfriend), while MLK was merely like "A y'all are here, and we here and we aint going no where, so we need what is owed to us".

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
You're looking at MLK's idea wrong.

Like I said he just wanted a better quality of life for blacks. Look at it this way(and going by your logic), there are two hospitals one for blacks and one for whites only. The white one is the more advanced one and has the best surgeons, while the black one is not only neglected, but the doctors/surgeons have limited knowledge and can not preform certain surgeries because again they have limited knowledge(due to a neglected school).

Now you find out that you have a brain tumor. The hospital for whites only can easily treat it, while the hospital for blacks don't really have the skill to treat such surgery and if they do they have very outdated equipment. As a black person what do you do?

THIS is what MLK was talking about! Not living cosy with good o'le whitey!

Saying MLK was a integrationist doesn't mean he didn't want a better quality of life.

I don't have to look at it any way, I understand throughly his and Rustin's views and the views of the NOI and others, like Black Panthers and etc.

I take it that they all genuinely believed there path was the better one for their reasons.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Rustin was on that Sexual Access steeze (dude had a white boyfriend), while MLK was merely like "A y'all are here, and we here and we aint going no where, so we need what is owed to us".

I agree with you, seems more that people seem to be upset at the integrationist label more than anything else.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Saying MLK was a integrationist doesn't mean he didn't want a better quality of life.

I don't have to look at it any way, I understand throughly his and Rustin's views and the views of the NOI and others, like Black Panthers and etc.

I take it that they all genuinely believed there path was the better one for their reasons.

Your points about MLK in this thread came off as if MLK wanted to integrate to me near white people..

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
It's your implied intent that people are addressing. Not semantics
There is no implied intent, you are making up things in your head. If you want to ask me what I mean, just ask. It is strange to me to make up a argument about what you think somone said and argue with a thought that is only present in your head, then try to attribute that to me.

Your points about MLK in this thread came off as if MLK wanted to integrate to me near white people..

that is your reading of what I posted because that is what you want to read.
I simply said he had a integrationist approach or a white acceptance approach, which in general is what I use as a synonym for integrationism. If that bothers you sorry but that is just my take on integrationism as a strategy. Has nothing to do with saying MLK wanted to be near white people and loved them or anything personal to his mind regarding white people, just the strategy of integrationism is to appeal to whites the majority for them to change for the benefit of the minority