Marcus Garvey v.s W.E.B Dubois and the battle for Liberia

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Your points about MLK in this thread came off as if MLK wanted to integrate to be near white people..
that is your reading of what I posted because that is what you want to read.
I simply said he had a integrationist approach or a white acceptance approach
, which in general is what I use as a synonym for integrationism. If that bothers you sorry but that is just my take on integrationism as a strategy. Has nothing to do with saying MLK wanted to be near white people and loved them or anything personal to his mind regarding white people, just the strategy of integrationism is to appeal to whites the majority for them to change for the benefit of the minority

You should really think before you posts, because maybe you won't embarrass yourself. NO, MLK integration was NOT for white acceptance!

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
You should really think before you posts, because maybe you won't embarrass yourself. NO, MLK integration was NOT for white acceptance!
I think you should learn to read because white acceptance desn't mean you want to be near white people, its more an attitude of you want to be accepted by white people. Two different things.

Might want to pick up a dictionary though when you try to plan that pedantic game.
I said integrationism is about white acceptance in my mind, and if you want please tell me how it is not

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I think you should learn to read because white acceptance desn't mean you want to be near white people, its more an attitude of you want to be accepted by white people. Two different things.

Might want to pick up a dictionary though when you try to plan that pedantic game.
I said integrationism is about white acceptance in my mind, and if you want please tell me how it is not
:snoop:

You know exactly what I meant. Stop playing semantics.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
:snoop:

You know exactly what I meant. Stop playing semantics.

I don't know you or what you meant, I only go by what you wrote.
Like I said though, you brought up being near to whites and what not not me, I've said clearly that I use white acceptance as a synonym for integrationism. It wasn't a slight directed at MLK specifically just how I view integrationism. You ignored that to continue to argue with windmills and those voices in your head.

I can't do anything about that.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I don't know you or what you meant, I only go by what you wrote.
Like I said though, you brought up being near to whites and what not not me, I've said clearly that I use white acceptance as a synonym for integrationism. It wasn't a slight directed at MLK specifically just how I view integrationism. You ignored that to continue to argue with windmills and those voices in your head.

I can't do anything about that.

White acceptance or wanting to be "near whites", you're basically arguing that MLK's idea of integration was wanting to have the acceptance of whites and basically eat at the same table as them. Stop acting like you don't know what I'm talking and playing semantics, because it only makes you look desperate.

Once again I said this is what MLK integration was about. Something you never fully even addressed. What does this have to do with "white acceptance" or your definition of integration?

You're looking at MLK's idea wrong.

Like I said he just wanted a better quality of life for blacks. Look at it this way(and going by your logic), there are two hospitals one for blacks and one for whites only. The white one is the more advanced one and has the best surgeons, while the black one is not only neglected, but the doctors/surgeons have limited knowledge and can not preform certain surgeries because again they have limited knowledge(due to a neglected school).

Now you find out that you have a brain tumor. The hospital for whites only can easily treat it, while the hospital for blacks don't really have the skill to treat such surgery and if they do they have very outdated equipment. As a black person what do you do?

THIS is what MLK was talking about! That is his idea of integration. Not living cosy with good o'le whitey!

Stop playing games.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
White acceptance or wanting to be "near whites", you're basically arguing that MLK's idea of integration was wanting to have the acceptance of whites and basically eat at the same table as them. Stop acting like you don't know what I'm talking and playing semantics, because it only makes you look desperate.

Once again I said this is what MLK integration was about. Something you never fully even addressed. What does this have to do with "white acceptance" or your definition of integration?

Stop playing games.

white acceptance has nothing to do with wanting to be "near whites" funny for a person who wanted to attack my intelligence you seem to not understand the difference.

I haven't argued anything about MLK's idea I've repeatedly told you and this for the 3rd time that I refer to integrationism period as white acceptance.
With what you've posted I've responded to, because again the only thing I can go off is what you right. No I don't know what you mean, I I would like it if you could be clearer.

There is no semantics game being played, I truly do not understand where you are coming from nor why.

In general though, integrationism is based on the underlying belief that justice or fairness comes from whites or the majority accepting and interacting with the minority by law. Forced acceptance of the minority by the majority. The fundamental mindset of the minority proponent is that those in the majority should want him, as much as he wants to be involved with them. In the US that would be the black man needs or craves validation or acceptance by the majority white society.

I see integrationism different from legal egalitarianism.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
white acceptance has nothing to do with wanting to be "near whites" funny for a person who wanted to attack my intelligence you seem to not understand the difference.

I haven't argued anything about MLK's idea I've repeatedly told you and this for the 3rd time that I refer to integrationism period as white acceptance.
With what you've posted I've responded to, because again the only thing I can go off is what you right. No I don't know what you mean, I I would like it if you could be clearer.

There is no semantics game being played, I truly do not understand where you are coming from nor why.

In general though, integrationism is based on the underlying belief that justice or fairness comes from whites or the majority accepting and interacting with the minority by law. Forced acceptance of the minority by the majority. The fundamental mindset of the minority proponent is that those in the majority should want him, as much as he wants to be involved with them. In the US that would be the black man needs or craves validation or acceptance by the majority white society.

I see integrationism different from legal egalitarianism.

Why do you keep playing dumb?

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
MLK Poor people campaign was basically a fight for reparations. He want a c00n or an integrationist. People need to research more about the Poor Peoples Campaign because it would have changed America. That is why they killed him.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
In general though, integrationism is based on the underlying belief that justice or fairness comes from whites or the majority accepting and interacting with the minority by law.

This is incorrect..... and can you provide the literature that gave you this so called definition of integrationism? :sas1:

Integrationism is not even a word btw......... :dead:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
This is incorrect..... and can you provide the literature that gave you this so called definition of integrationism? :sas1:

Integrationism is not even a word btw......... :dead:

No it isn't incorrect. A great deal of the civil rights law like the civil rights act of 64 were used to legal force integration. Look at the Heart of Atlanta vs. US lawsuit that mandated forced legal integration, this was seen (the civil rights act of 64) as a major success because of the laws ability to do that. That is integrationism in action, forced integration via the law. Do you deny this?

integrationism
Integration = act of integrating (bringing (people or groups with particular characteristics or needs) into equal participation in or membership of a social group or institution.)
ism = a distinctive practice, system, or philosophy, typically a political ideology or an artistic movement

integrationism = the distinctive practice, system, or philosophy of integrating different people or groups into equal participation in or membership of a social group or institution.

Typical use of the english language using the words in it, pretty weak critique.

Explain the difference then.... :pachaha:
Already did, go read the posts I've made in this thread.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
ook at the Heart of Atlanta vs. US lawsuit that mandated forced legal integration, this was seen (the civil rights act of 64) as a major success because of the laws ability to do that. That is integrationism in action, forced integration via the law. Do you deny this?

You just bodied your whole stance with this......

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
You just bodied your whole stance with this......

How so? when I said I disagree with forced integration and the mindset of white acceptance.

As a matter of fact, you claimed forced integration wasn't apart of integrationism, and I showed you it was with the integrationist championing of the civil rights act of 64 and it leading to forced integration.