Marcus Garvey v.s W.E.B Dubois and the battle for Liberia

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
the NOI wasnt preaching "Islam" though, this is the misconception people always make. Almost everything they talked about was Allegory.

They are heavy into conversion, atleast with the ones I came into consistant contact with.
Its enough to help, but when you always hear about "bro. muhammad says.." and etc, I think it puts people off who might want to be down but not hear the constant harping on the faith.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:snoop:

I didn't wanna have to do this...
Point blank there is an issue on this site of people being insecure. People only embrace "Black" or "African" history when it fits their narrative. You have people who will big up some historic event on some "our history :blessed:" stuff and then on the next topic "we did this not y'all :scust:".

You got too many cats trying to hide under the guise of "Black Empowerment" if dudes want only care about their "ethnic groups" more power to them, but the main dudes who stay trying to pop off these pissing contest of who did more in history do it because they arent doing a damn thing off line so this is where they go to make themselves feel better. If people actually understood the history that went down you wouldn't see all these idiotic debates.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Point blank there is an issue on this site of people being insecure. People only embrace "Black" or "African" history when it fits their narrative. You have people who will big up some historic event on some "our history :blessed:" stuff and then on the next topic "we did this not y'all :scust:".

You got too many cats trying to hide under the guise of "Black Empowerment" if dudes want only care about their "ethnic groups" more power to them, but the main dudes who stay trying to pop off these pissing contest of who did more in history do it because they arent doing a damn thing off line so this is where they go to make themselves feel better. If people actually understood the history that went down you wouldn't see all these idiotic debates.

We're on topic now. So lets drop it or continue it to the thread where I moved you guys posts.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Except MLK didn't "preach" white acceptance...
yeah they pretty much control the narrative with MLK and now Malcolm. People love quoting Malcolm's letter from Mecca nowadays. The Fundamental difference between MLK and the NOI is that MLK felt there was a chance for Blacks to Coexist with Whites while the NOI Wanted complete separation WITHIN the USA being that Blacks Built America so they shouldn't have to "go back to Africa".

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Except MLK didn't "preach" white acceptance...
Agreed. Not to step on any toes, but I use to be one of those who believed Malcolm X's plans were the ONLY good plans, while MLK while he had good intentions was more for white acceptance. But when my ass actually DID more research I found that MLK's final plan i.e the Poor Peoples campaign would have probably had a greater impact than any of Malcolm's plan. X is still one of my FAVORITE black historical figures, but I think MLK's plan would have actually hurt white supremacy more and benefited us more.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Agreed. Not to step on any toes, but I use to be one of those who believed Malcolm X's plans were the ONLY good plans, while MLK while he had good intentions was more for white acceptance. But when my ass actually DID more research I found that MLK's final plan i.e the Poor Peoples campaign would have probably had a greater impact than any of Malcolm's plan. X is still one of my FAVORITE black historical figures, but I think MLK's plan would have actually hurt white supremacy more and benefited us more.
maxresdefault.jpg

:wow::wow:

MLK met with Elijah in 1966 :sas2:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
He was an avowed white integrationist just like his partner Rustin.

Not hating, but that is what he was about

Rustin was an integrationist yes, MLK imo was more so (at least from what I see and came to the conclusion) is we have to be realistic and more so fight with what we have and make it work in the environment we are in while the NOI was like eff that, COMPLETE separation.