MAMMI OPRAH WINFREY denied by a store. Saleswoman assumed she couldn't AFFORD to shop there.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I'm only going by the facts. Racism thrives because people don't understand what it is. Oprah Winfrey is someone who propagates the wrong attitude on a large scale. Anyone who lets himself be qualified as being part of a race is in the wrong and will perpetuate racism. I love pointing it out on this board because this board is extremely racist and racists are very sensitive people. One love to my critically thinking coli brethren though.

Burden of proof is on you though.

You made the claim that it wasn't race. At best you can say, "I don't know" but you can't just toss out her experience as not being racist.

Do you seriously think Oprah (a woman who has done a fukk LOAD for white america/people) would tolerate any degree of racial discrimination?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
If I was Oprah, after they denied me, I would have pulled out a couple of racks and showed them my black card while telling them to suck my balls simultaneously.

Daps
How you know it's racism though? Maybe she just didn't look posh because of her clothes. This is such sensational victim bullshyt. There's a million reasons why someone could turn another person down. To assume it is because of your skin color is to make yourself a victim. Oprah should know better by now..

Damn!! The hell is wrong with you? You gotta be trolling. And even so why does she have to look posh to shop in a store? I've seen the richest celebrities and wealthy people look shaggy and unkempt in upscale places. That should not deny you entry or stop you from shopping. Keep making excuses

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Yup.
If it were me...

Oprah: "You don't know who I am, do you?" :lolbron:
Salesbytch: "No..." :unsure:
Oprah: "That's ok. By the end of the day, you will." :youngsabo: :russ:
tumblr_me4gjsA5001r4xk2ao1_500.gif

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Burden of proof is on you though.

You made the claim that it wasn't race. At best you can say, "I don't know" but you can't just toss out her experience as not being racist.

Do you seriously think Oprah (a woman who has done a fukk LOAD for white america/people) would tolerate any degree of racial discrimination?

I agree, I don't know. I said so in my second post. Burden of proof is not on me but on Oprah though. Just 'cause she feels she's being racially profiled don't make it so. She's actually racially profiling the clerk more than anything since she assumes the clerk treated her a certain way based on her skin. Wouldn't you agree? There is nothing in the words of the clerk that hinted at a racial overtone. Oprah gave it that spin. Where is the evidence?

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There isn't a bag in the World worth 38k breh. Just because you can buy it, doesn't mean you should be an idiot and purchase something so stupidly overpriced.

Let her cook if she can afford it. You better be driving a Nissan Versa, wearing Walmart clothes and other low end things. Because evn though you can rationalize it for the rich, the same can be said about the middle class.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
The market determines worth. Get mad if you want to.

But don't hate because you can't afford it/wouldn't buy it.

The same concept applies to other "rich people shyt" like private planes or yachts.

She/other rich people are the idiots for buying it, why would I be mad? If I was the richest man in the world I wouldn't buy a bag, some shoes, or any other clothing product that costs 38 grand.

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power

Dirty_Jerz

Ethiop
Daps
Reppin
the evils of truth, and love
she could have really got more heads turning though if she would have said she could afford it and provided proof while still being willing to buy it, if they would have denied her still it would be more concrete proof of the racism and classisms that exist since in any case this was going to make the media news waves

the way she handled it now allows room for people to give passes or say she has the burden of proof like @inndaskKy

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn!! The hell is wrong with you? You gotta be trolling. And even so why does she have to look posh to shop in a store? I've seen the richest celebrities and wealthy people look shaggy and unkempt in upscale places. That should not deny you entry or stop you from shopping. Keep making excuses

I'm not saying it's right breh. I'm saying it happens and it's not a racial form of bias but rather one based on class and other non-racist prejudice.