MAMMI OPRAH WINFREY denied by a store. Saleswoman assumed she couldn't AFFORD to shop there.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Let her cook if she can afford it. You better be driving a Nissan Versa, wearing Walmart clothes and other low end things. Because evn though you can rationalize it for the rich, the same can be said about the middle class.

Ive never understood the fascination with super high end clothing. I'm a nikka that likes to look nice, but you'd have to shoot me before I ever paid $300 for a damn belt like most of these monkeys do nowadays . :laff:

I'm always :dead: when I see nikkas with Gucci and riding the train. Priorities nikka!

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ive never understood the fascination with super high end clothing. I'm a nikka that likes to look nice, but you'd have to shoot me before I ever paid $300 for a damn belt like most of these monkeys do nowadays . :laff:

I agree, but when your in a whole nother tax bracket, then money starts looking different.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I would want to do that but then I would think about it for a second.
:ohhh: "Im worth a few billion...she works as a sales woman. What do I have to prove to her :heh:"

I would just walk out and say something light like, Im worth a lot of money and your boss will hear about this and then I would walk out and publicly shame the store.

Word. If they're gonna play that game, they won't get my money.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I agree, I don't know. I said so in my second post. Burden of proof is not on me but on Oprah though. Just 'cause she feels she's being racially profiled don't make it so. She's actually racially profiling the clerk more than anything since she assumes the clerk treated her a certain way based on her skin. Wouldn't you agree? There is nothing in the words of the clerk that hinted at a racial overtone. Oprah gave it that spin. Where is the evidence?

And thats where you're wrong.

I'd venture that 99% of cases of racism don't include people saying "I'm doing this because you're dark/black/african decent" etc.

I've never heard anyone even do that.

So yes.

Racism is the implication of hidden agendas and coded language.

For you to be blind to that speaks to your general inability to see why your stance is flawed.

Unless you've experience racism yourself (which I doubt you have) then you don't understand how offensive this shyt is. Inherently.

Daps
I'm not saying it's right breh. I'm saying it happens and it's not a racial form of bias but rather one based on class and other non-racist prejudice.

Race has everything to do with it in this case. And a lot of assumptions on class can also be based on race. That's very true in America and a lot of these European countries where they are experiencing an influx of immigrants to their countries from Africa, Middle East, etc. That sales rep would never try that on a white customer. if Oprah was white she would probably jump to hand her that bag and probably offer her three more to look at while she was at it. Oprah wasn't playing the victim here, she was straight up shytted on and disrespected because of race.

Also that shop is in an exclusive area, what middle and lower income/class ppl are really shopping there?

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
915.gif

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
How you know it's racism though? Maybe she just didn't look posh because of her clothes. This is such sensational victim bullshyt. There's a million reasons why someone could turn another person down. To assume it is because of your skin color is to make yourself a victim. Oprah should know better by now..
Some of the most wealthy people walk into stores in flip flops and scrubby clothes. While the broke asses come looking all GQ. If you ever done sales you know this.

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
i doubt this even happened. all the sudden she is promoting a movie and has stories to tell :beli:

she's a billionaire older woman in a foreign country, she's got security and/or an entourage with her everywhere. fuk outta here