MAMMI OPRAH WINFREY denied by a store. Saleswoman assumed she couldn't AFFORD to shop there.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Race has everything to do with it in this case. And a lot of assumptions on class can also be based on race. That's very true in America and a lot of these European countries where they are experiencing an influx of immigrants to their countries from Africa, Middle East, etc. That sales rep would never try that on a white customer. if Oprah was white she would probably jump to hand her that bag and probably offer her three more to look at while she was at it. Oprah wasn't playing the victim here, she was straight up shytted on and disrespected because of race.

Also that shop is in an exclusive area, what middle and lower income/class ppl are really shopping there?

That's what racism does to ya. It makes you actually believe this sort of statement which is absolutely false. White people reject each other all the time for infinitely many reasons. You have convinced yourself it isn't so and have thereby created a mythical sort of brotherhood out of white people which is easily affirmed by watching Hollywood movies on racism. There are many different types of white folk and they all treat other people in different ways, depending on their beliefs and goals etc. You know virtually nothing about this clerk yet all you can project onto her personality is the image of a 2d privileged white person that you have encountered in other situations. That is the essence of how racist reasoning works..So who's the racist here?
And thats where you're wrong.

I'd venture that 99% of cases of racism don't include people saying "I'm doing this because you're dark/black/african decent" etc.

I've never heard anyone even do that.

So yes.

Racism is the implication of hidden agendas and coded language.

For you to be blind to that speaks to your general inability to see why your stance is flawed.

Unless you've experience racism yourself (which I doubt you have) then you don't understand how offensive this shyt is. Inherently.

The real problem is that you can't see things for what they are and see things that you want to see. You have a shallow view on what motives people might have. Your interpretation of my post shows this. I wasn't saying that if you don't reference race in your words that you can't be saying something racist. I was saying that her words don't show that the 'hidden agenda' behind her actions was racially motivated. They only show that she didn't think Oprah could afford the bag. The reasons for her thinking this cannot be discerned from her words. To assume that it was because of racist thoughts is to be racist towards her. But Oprah (and apparently plenty coli posters too) can't fathom that. That's why she's a victim. She takes on an attitude where she can only interpret other people's judgments on her as being made because of her skin. That's just one of the many subtle ways that racism affects people's minds.
It could have been racially motivated. In this particular case though, there is no way of knowing. Assuming that it was perpetuates the mechanism by which people take on roles in which they see each other as a person of a certain race first. And that's wrong. But MLK was just a c00n right?

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of the most wealthy people walk into stores in flip flops and scrubby clothes. While the broke asses come looking all GQ. If you ever done sales you know this.

I have and I do. I wasn't saying that type of reasoning is right. I'm only giving an example of one of the infinitely many reasonings that could have been behind the clerk's actions. We know almost nothing about her situation or motives, going by Oprah's story.

WheresWallace

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
she could have really got more heads turning though if she would have said she could afford it and provided proof while still being willing to buy it, if they would have denied her still it would be more concrete proof of the racism and classisms that exist since in any case this was going to make the media news waves

the way she handled it now allows room for people to give passes or say she has the burden of proof like @inndaskKy
:what: nikka! Muhfukkas like @inndaskKy opinion doesn't matter. fukk that lame ass troll.

Oprah played it the right way. Oprah has been a Billionaire for years now. If she would have reduced her self to "proving" that she has money to a saleswoman who's yearly income is Oprah daily spending money then Oprah would have taken a million loses.

Plus, proving your self on the spot...you give the person the opportunity to back peddle and cop pleas.
When was the last time you needed proof of income to SHOP AT A STORE. :stopitslime:

Serious question, have you ever went to your local mall and the sales person asked you to prove you could afford to shop there? NO!

So if nobody else has to go through that...Oprah shouldn't have to reduce her self to that either. AGAIN, Oprah played this exactly how she was supposed to play it.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Man if nikkas don't get out Oprah pockets.

You gonna talk down on her cause she wanna by an expensive bag. That bytch can buy whatever the fukk she want.

What's wrong with buying yourself something nice if you got the money.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Ive never understood the fascination with super high end clothing. I'm a nikka that likes to look nice, but you'd have to shoot me before I ever paid $300 for a damn belt like most of these monkeys do nowadays . :laff:

I'm always :dead: when I see nikkas with Gucci and riding the train. Priorities nikka!

:deadrose:

You're comparing nikkas who wear $300 belts and ride the bus to Oprah who can afford a 38k bag and has her own jet.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps

That's what racism does to ya. It makes you actually believe this sort of statement which is absolutely false. White people reject each other all the time for infinitely many reasons. You have convinced yourself it isn't so and have thereby created a mythical sort of brotherhood out of white people which is easily affirmed by watching Hollywood movies on racism. There are many different types of white folk and they all treat other people in different ways, depending on their beliefs and goals etc. You know virtually nothing about this clerk yet all you can project onto her personality is the image of a 2d privileged white person that you have encountered in other situations. That is the essence of how racist reasoning works..So who's the racist here?

RIght, you ignorant buffoon. Now we're learning that over 4 centuries of inhumane mistreatment towards a specific category of people, with all the stereotypes used to enforce and justify that mistreatment, somehow doesnt exist now, right? Black people just imagined it, simply to bother poor, innocent well-meaning white people. How racist of us!!! Of course Oprah wasnt discriminated because of skin color....because you say so!! Please, tell us more about the black experience in America!

Or how about you stop trolling and go back to getting sandusky'd, or whatever the fck your activity of interest is.

Fmju

Fixture
Daps
Reppin
PG
A lot of crackers in here exposing theirselves. Wouldn't none of y'all say this in a discussion involving black people off the computer so I guess I'll let y'all cook in here :snoop:

Oprah is a mother fukking billionaire, I don't think y'all understand how powerful she could be if she started flexin. Money rules this damn planet. Her bank account is already shyttin on that sales rep entire existence

If I was Oprah, that store would have been mine and she would have gotten her pay docked, been on latrine duty and wearing a hot dog costume as her uniform even though we a Handbag store :pacspit:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Wait, some of y'all nyggaz are actually mad at Oprah for tryin to pend 38 stacks on a bag? :what: Get out that womans pockets

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
:deadrose:

You're comparing nikkas who wear $300 belts and ride the bus to Oprah who can afford a 38k bag and has her own jet.

I don't care if you own your own airline, paying 38k for a hand bag is retarded. It's not about being able to afford it.. We all know she can afford to buy hundreds of bags worth that much.

It's not she's buying a car or home, she's copping a 38k bag to wear a few times :dead:

fukking c00n.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
RIght, you ignorant buffoon. Now we're learning that over 4 centuries of inhumane mistreatment towards a specific category of people, with all the stereotypes used to enforce and justify that mistreatment, somehow doesnt exist now, right? Black people just imagined it, simply to bother poor, innocent well-meaning white people. How racist of us!!! Of course Oprah wasnt discriminated because of skin color....because you say so!! Please, tell us more about the black experience in America!

Or how about you stop trolling and go back to getting sandusky'd, or whatever the fck your activity of interest is.

:why:

How'd you get any of this from what I said?

YouLoveMe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Miami

The King has spoken :wow: