Making a $100,000 a year isn't as special as most make it seem on here.

Brown Ant

Hunter-Gatherer
Daps
Reppin
a colony near you
Because that's got to be the only reason (I can think of) that you would come to that conclusion.

Actually the conclusion is statistics along with the demographic of the site. It's unrealistic to be gullible enough to believe people's boastful lies on the 'net. You must believe everything you hear. Sorry for that.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Actually the conclusion is statistics along with the demographic of the site. It's unrealistic to be gullible enough to believe people's boastful lies on the 'net. You must believe everything you hear. Sorry for that.
I don't believe everything I hear but I do believe the "older" members (26+) are possibly making that much.

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
I can't believe no one discussed investing your money. It's important to multiple your income somehow and diversify your income stream. At least when you get fired or take a pay cut you'll have money coming in from somewhere else.

Just opened up a whole life policy, already trying to set myself up for retirement.:yes:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I will never make 100,000 like 99% out the rest of the coli

I too am in that 1%. :to:

I like how @Stuntone brought his old "Making a bunch of money really isn't that great" shtick to the Coli and it's gotten over very well it seems. I guess humble bragging is in these days.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I always said in high school, I'd be beyond happy with a salary of $50-60k. It's not about how much money you make but how you spend that money.

Wouldn't a person spending 100k a year live better than someone that makes 50k and spends 40 k a year
I don't think You guys know what your talking about.

They have no idea what they're talking about.

Nevermenind that's its an Exetremely small percentage of black people that make this much money.

The person making 100k a year is going to be living better than the person that makes 50k a year no matter how much of the income either is saving at the end of the month

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/22/median-household-income-dropped_n_3794191.html

WASHINGTON — The average American household is earning less than when the Great Recession ended four years ago, according to a report released Wednesday.

U.S. median household income, once adjusted for inflation, has fallen 4.4 percent in that time, according to the report from Sentier Research. The report is based on an analysis of Census Bureau data.

The median, or midpoint, income in June 2013 was $52,098. That's down from $54,478 in June 2009, when the recession officially ended. And it's below the $55,480 that the median household took in when the recession began in December 2007.

The report says nearly every group is worse off than four years ago, except for those 65 to 74. Some groups have experienced larger-than-average declines, including blacks, young :ohhh: and upper-middle-aged people and the unemployed.

The-Coli beats the odds :blessed:

mrallgood

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
VA
I know folks making 50K and well over 200K and it isn't so much about the money coming in...it is how much of that is going right back out the door (and usually the more folks are making, the more debt they have...). Like someone else said earlier, it doesn't matter what you are making if you have a lot of debt...the key is eliminating (or not getting into) debt.

Check out Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University...there are folks out there making 50-60K that have paid off like 100K+ debt in a few years and now are just free...

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I learned this on my first job. I worked aroudn ppl who I know were making a LOT of money b/c they'd been working for the company for 30 years....these ppl didnt dress flashy, didnt drive flashy cars and most of them brought their lunch every day.
I can never agree with this millionaire next door stereotype shyt. Oh every person I know with bread walks around like they bums steez really. That's just not nowhere near true unless you a budget millionaire. Believe me that isn't bad cause many of us would like to be there but dudes that are making any type of non starter millionaire money can ball out a little and not worry much. I just don't like that stereotype cause its silly if you think about it.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
I hit 6 figures two years ago (had a nice bonus, no ducktales). I was miserable cause of other shyt tho.

I live frugally tho. Money just piles up...

@Stuntone :ufdup: for copping a car a other pointless lavish shyt. Only thing I will say is that its nice to travel abroad and not worry about bread.

The only downside is that my homies aint makin as much. If they did life would be:blessed:
Sounds like you just need to upgrade your friends. :yeshrug: