Making 100k a year - What's it like?

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
for me to be truly comfortable i feel that about 50K after taxes would be good. i take into account bills i know ill have in the future and also the cost of living in new orleans.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
:huhldup: nah, it is based on the principles of the person and how they manage their finances--

when i was making 25k in the army I was intelligent enough to handle my finances properly so that now im making 200kplus im in a great position with no problems

Again, when you hit 200k+ you're not going to be living like your making 25k unless you're extremely disciplined. You don't have to be disciplined when you're making 25k, you don't have a choice.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
lol @ 100k people saying thats not much 250k is the sweet spot
And now we got someone making 250k saying that aint much

:dead:

Haha, I see what your saying, I think it's different because at my age, I have a lot more responsibilities with the money I make, I got older kids, an aging mother that I'm supporting, this that and the other, I'm comfortable don't get me wrong but people (not you per se) think 6 figures is like balling out of control in a sense and it's not, at least for me. Like Biggie aptly noted more money more problems.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Again, when you hit 200k+ you're not going to be living like your making 25k unless you're extremely disciplined. You don't have to be disciplined when you're making 25k, you don't have a choice.

that makes no sense

there are numerous individual making 25k or less and are not disciplined and make horrible financial decisions:heh:

And i make disciplined decisions with my finances currently--my income fuels my business endeavors, assisting my parents, and growing my financial portfolio----

I dont have kids, and i dont buy stupid shyt like new cars and the like

it is all about management no matter what income u have

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
If you don't see the financial difference in your life from 50K to 100K to 250K, is it safe to say that your money management habits at the lower ends of the pay scale weren't that great?

I'm not seeing how that is possible for people of low debt who don't go willy nilly with their money and buy unnecessary things.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
It's true though. Until you make that much and realize that really nothing has changed in regards to your lifestyle, you won't understand.

Man shut you ass shut.
It boils down to the person and how responsible they are

If you are making 250k a year, theres absolutely no way you can be in a position to have not have a very good life. If you are you are probably living beyond your means.I seen people making 100K and squander it all, and I have seen people make 50K and save tons of money.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
No matter what your income is... if you make stupid decisions and handle you finances improperly then you are the one to blame

if you have a car note making 6 figures then you are fukking up

Not really, I'm only paying for one car (my son's), and the other two are leases I did on a sign and drive. There's a method to the madness, I don't believe in buying something that depreciates in value so aggressively, I don't drive excessive miles on my lease and the other is my wifes that she uses for shopping, mall etc. If something happens to it, gap insurance will cover the cost of the vehicle (in Jersey, it comes with every lease), and I can just stroll to the dealer and get another one. Plus I will get out of the car before I have to do any major maintenence.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
I seen people making 100K and squander it all, and I have seen people make 50K and save tons of money.

Yeah. I make around 2500/month after doing all my side hustles and part time gigs. I still manage to save $700-800 a month after bills, hangin' out/partying, grocery shopping, etc.

Even when I get full-time money in the summer time, I don't spend that much money and I don't plan on doing such when I really start working either.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Not really, I'm only paying for one car (my son's), and the other two are leases I did on a sign and drive. There's a method to the madness, I don't believe in buying something that depreciates in value so aggressively, I don't drive excessive miles on my lease and the other is my wifes that she uses for shopping, mall etc. If something happens to it, gap insurance will cover the cost of the vehicle (in Jersey, it comes with every lease), and I can just stroll to the dealer and get another one. Plus I will get out of the car before I have to do any major maintenence.

:rudy: so what type of car did u buy your son that you couldnt pay for fully without a note:aicmon:

when i went to college my father bought me a piece of shyt Mazda that he paid cash for- and my father works a blue collar job making 60k

and there is no good reason to ever lease a car

if the lease was no problem then you would not have mentioned having to pay the notes

i bought my mom a car(used), paid off my sisters(used) and gave my father mine(used) ---- I could care less about a new vehicle-- i would rather use the money to purchase more land

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Someone was talking about Rich Dad poor dad (one book from my understanding) and you referred to it as "Those books" :manny: Pardon me if I got confused.

You don't have the authority to judge how I feel about something, only how you interpret it. Again, if YOU feel I'm coming off as smarter (which I don't think I am), you put yourself in an inferior position. Sharing what you learned doesn't make you smarter, just a nice person LMAO!!

That's just the thing. You didn't come in here and "share what you learned" you came in and attacked me for saying something negative about your book. You took my statement about the book personally and reacted emotionally because that's what those books do, they grab hold of you emotionally, and make you think you are better off now that you've read them. You defended yourself as if i was speaking directly to you.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
The average American family makes around $55k, if you're making $250k as a individual and you don't see a difference in your lifestyle for the positive, it's safe to assume you're just a fool with money.

Or you live in area where 250K isnt shyt because theres someone with a bank vault full of money they jump in.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
The average American family makes around $55k, if you're making $250k as a individual and you don't see a difference in your lifestyle for the positive, it's safe to assume you're just a fool with money.

I gotta agree with this here. I was tripping reading these nikkas saying making about double what the average family is bringing home isnt enough. I think people just want to live like the celebrities they seeing on TV. Better start acting, or playing ball or singing :pachaha: I cant think of any job sans high profile surgeon where you gonna bring home 500K plus to live the lavish life.

EDIT: Oh yea....CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Good luck with that though.