Making 100k a year - What's it like?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Whatever you say breh. I'm speaking from experience :yeshrug:

What experience?

Are you saying you stuff you did at 50k still makes sense for you to do at 250k?

You did something the money

More times than not, with more money comes more responsibility.

Only a fool wouldn't enjoy the rewards from their hardwork

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brutal. Technically, im not even making 100k. :pachaha:

In los angeles, you cant get much with this income. I see people in just average looking houses and i wonder. What do you do...:leostare: I think alot of people have owned houses for a long time in this city because for 400k you are living on a little over 1000 sq ft in some parts of the city.

fukk paying 500k to live in central :sadbron: . One of the reason I love the south

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Even if you are a fool with your money, that 250k is going to buy you a whole hell of a lot more than 50k

I'm not calling :duck:, but median household income in the US is 50k.

100k a year is like the top 10%, yet we have a plethora of late 20s, early 30s persons theft make that much and all decide to congregate to a hiphop board

Don't know about anyone else, but I have no reason to tell duck tales. There's a lot of industries where you can make that much. I'm in IT, but if I could do it all over again, I would have went to medical school to be a Radiologist. Average salary is ~400k and I wouldn't have to cut anyone open. I'm not bout that surgery life :merchant:

I told my little cousin to go to med school for that but she didn't listen. Instead she decided to get her masters in social work. She's gonna be broke :yeshrug:

I've been in Atlanta for 2 years and I'm constantly running into black men who's balling for real who barely pushing 30. When I lived in Cincinnati though, everyone and their moms was broke. That shyt was depressing.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
What experience?

Are you saying you stuff you did at 50k still makes sense for you to do at 250k?

You did something the money

More times than not, with more money comes more responsibility.

Only a fool wouldn't enjoy the rewards from their hardwork

Once I hit 10k/mo, I looked at my life and nothing changed. I didn't feel any different. I didn't feel financially free. I still have to go to work. I still gotta get up and go according to when my employer says it's ok. I still gotta ask permission to take vacations.

I felt exactly the same way I did when I was making 40k at 23. That's my whole point. Nothing is going to change, outside of the potential of getting in serious debt because you can afford to.

Which is why I've said numerous times, money should be a tool to provide freedom. If you just use money as a tool to buy shyt, you'll never have freedom, even if you're making 250k a year.

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
So IT is ...

money-shower-460_1208206c.jpg

yet at my company the IT people aint making much more bread than the people out here...

Ya'll just got them magic certs
Certificate%20merit.jpg

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
So IT is ...

yet at my company the IT people aint making much more bread than the people out here...

Certificate%20merit.jpg

There are different kinds of IT jobs....

network engineers/programmers are mostly the ones eating out here.

the PC techs and heldesk folks are struggling

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Once I hit 10k/mo, I looked at my life and nothing changed. I didn't feel any different. I didn't feel financially free. I still have to go to work. I still gotta get up and go according to when my employer says it's ok. I still gotta ask permission to take vacations.

I felt exactly the same way I did when I was making 40k at 23. That's my whole point. Nothing is going to change, outside of the potential of getting in serious debt because you can afford to.

Which is why I've said numerous times, money should be a tool to provide freedom. If you just use money as a tool to buy shyt, you'll never have freedom, even if you're making 250k a year.

No one is disputing that?

Are CEOs that make 20 mill a year life different than someone make 10k a month then?

They still have to get up, go to work and ask to take off.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
So IT is ...

Certificate%20merit.jpg

:yeshrug: this is one of the positions I'm waiting to hear back from. Probably won't hear shyt until the beginning of next year though cause of the holidays:

2djsd3s.png

2hnz291.png

106imh3.png

Like I said, I can't speak for anyone else, but for me at the point I am in my career, 200k in IT is pretty feasible on a lot of projects. It didn't happen over night though. A lot of sacrifice and hard work to get here. But a nikka is still middle class though so it really ain't shyt.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
There are different kinds of IT jobs....

network engineers/programmers are mostly the ones eating out here.

the PC techs and heldesk folks are struggling
Network engineers/programers average salary is still well below 100k and even then it takes you a while to make that money. Multiple 25 year olds making 100k a year all converging on a hiphop site is highly unlikely. I'm not sayin it's all :duck: but im willing to bet most of it is.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Network engineers/programers average salary is still well below 100k and even then it takes you a while to make that money. Multiple 25 year olds making 100k a year all converging on a hiphop site is highly unlikely. I'm not sayin it's all :duck: but im willing to bet most of it is.

Dude I'm almost at 6 figures and I'm in my mid 20's....
I have a CCNP, CCNP voice, CCNA , CCNA-V and CCIE voice written....

Not that hard to hit 6 figures in the DC area if you are educated and have the right certs....

I do agree some folks out here make up stuff but with the right qualification and a good location, the sky is the limit

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Dude I'm almost at 6 figures and I'm in my mid 20's....
I have a CCNP, CCNP voice, CCNA , CCNA-V and CCIE voice written....

Not that hard to hit 6 figures in the DC area if you are educated and have the right certs....

Look it up no joke

Aye, how hard is that stuff to learn? Y'all got me wantin' to diversify my talents. :myman: Y'all be kickin; it on here too heavy and gettin' paid. :russ: