Making 100k a year - What's it like?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Dude I'm almost at 6 figures and I'm in my mid 20's....
I have a CCNP, CCNP voice, CCNA , CCNA-V and CCIE voice written....

Not that hard to hit 6 figures in the DC area if you are educated and have the right certs....

Look it up no joke

You said it yourself. You are in your mid 20 and almost there. Plenty of dudes on here claim to be making way more with way less experience.

Just going by sheer numbers, not many Americans make that much, and its a pretty far stretch to say we have a bunch of those unique Americans posting here.

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
:pachaha: you just don't get it. There is no book you can read that will teach you how to become rich, if there was everybody would be doing it. If you needed a book to tell you to quit waisting money and to invest in money making ventures, then I guess it could be beneficial, but most of us already know this.

You cant find one successful rich person, fininancial planner, or business man who thinks the books offer something substantial.

Edit: you keep asking me to post a better book, well there is no better book I can post cause all comparable books are trash. If you really want to learn about the stock market, there are plenty of books, articles, etc you can read, same with real estate. These self help books offer no real help or guidance, they just make you feel better, cause they tell you that your learning secrets that others don't know.

I never meant to give you the indication that that book will show you have to get rich. We all realize no book will make you rich. That is why I kept stressing it is a starting point. No one who doesn't have prior knowledge about fianicies should jump in the market without researching. I feel that book is a good way to begin your research and pick up some other books about straight investing and not necessarily other books from that series. If you don't know about assets and liabilities how are you going to start investing? That book teaches you about that.

You claim that self help books have no purpose is wild. Maybe to you but not everyone.

I

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Aye, how hard is that stuff to learn? Y'all got me wantin' to diversify my talents. :myman: Y'all be kickin; it on here too heavy and gettin' paid. :russ:

not easy you just have to be dedicated.

Like anything, the level of difficulty is determined by your commitment ....

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
not easy you just have to be dedicated.

Like anything, the level of difficulty is determined by your commitment ....

Understandable. :myman: You be trollin' heavy but respect. Good luck with your career.
GApCs.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I never meant to give you the indication that that book will show you have to get rich. We all realize no book will make you rich. That is why I kept stressing it is a starting point. No one who doesn't have prior knowledge about fianicies should jump in the market without researching. I feel that book is a good way to begin your research and pick up some other books about straight investing and not necessarily other books from that series. If you don't know about assets and liabilities how are you going to start investing? That book teaches you about that.

You claim that self help books have no purpose is wild. Maybe to you but not everyone.

I

I'm saying you could spend the time and money it takes you to read this book and apply it to better things. I learned about assets and liabilities in highschool.:manny:

I think these type of books do more hurt than good(this may or may not apply to you), they give a false sense of hope to people and they downplay the risks associated with the bad advice contained within them. There are plenty of people who quit their job and use their life savings to follow the dream these books sell, only to end up broke and worse off than they started.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Network engineers/programers average salary is still well below 100k and even then it takes you a while to make that money. Multiple 25 year olds making 100k a year all converging on a hiphop site is highly unlikely. I'm not sayin it's all :duck: but im willing to bet most of it is.

If you think 100k is anything special, I know some people in IT making 500k as true consultants.

You have to have a lot of the right experience in the right sector and be willing to travel. You also have to do a lot of networking and constantly be on the grind.

I've seen some of the PO's cut for some consultants at previous companies I worked at. A thorough IT consultant can get stupid paid. But you have to be extremely dedicated though.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If you think 100k is anything special, I know some people in IT making 500k as true consultants.

You have to have a lot of the right experience in the right sector and be willing to travel. You also have to do a lot of networking and constantly be on the grind.

I've seen some of the PO's cut for some consultants at previous companies I work at. I thorough IT consultant can get stupid paid. But you have to be extremely dedicated though.

I'm not saying it isn't possible. I'm saying there's not very many people here who fit the description of the bolded.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I'm not saying it isn't possible. I'm saying there's not very many people here who fit the description of the bolded.

I don't know anybody here's background so I can't say what they do to make money.

If anyone says they're making money doing something, I just believe em. Them telling duck tales don't affect my life one bit.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don't know anybody here's background so I can't say what they do to make money.

If anyone says they're making money doing something, I just believe em. Them telling duck tales don't affect my life one bit.

Didn't say it affected me. I just made an observation. The 25 year old six figure earner is rare in this country (or the world, for that matter) and its ironic that a bunch of them have converged on this hiphop forum which caters to a younger and less career minded crowd.

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
Financial Freedom (IMO) means that the income from your assets takes care of all the your expenses and liabilities so that you don't HAVE to work anymore. If you still choose to work its more or less under your own terms.

Therefore, if you are making 250k or 50k if you still HAVE to work to pay your expenses you're not financially free. I believe that's the point peeps trying to make here. In a sense they're saying 250k isn't much if you're still not free.

:yeshrug:

I'm not there yet but I know I will be.

I'm saying you could spend the time and money it takes you to read this book and apply it to better things. I learned about assets and liabilities in highschool.:manny:

I think these type of books do more hurt than good(this may or may not apply to you), they give a false sense of hope to people and they downplay the risks associated with the bad advice contained within them. There are plenty of people who quit their job and use their life savings to follow the dream these books sell, only to end up broke and worse off than they started.

Those people had the wrong mindset to begin with looking for a get rich quick scheme. But I feel you.

edit:

Didn't say it affected me. I just made an observation. The 25 year old six figure earner is rare in this country (or the world, for that matter) and its ironic that a bunch of them have converged on this hiphop forum which caters to a younger and less career minded crowd.

2efkyn7.jpg

Hopefully around 120k in a couple months

Daps

It's fruitless and pointless to even try to go all deep into fact checking some anonymous person's claims over the net. If they're lying, then there life sucks so bad they have to live vicariously through some fake life they created for the internet...that's their cross to bear, and that ether is already burning slow.:yeshrug:

Now if you catch them in a lie, by all means clown, cuz that shyt's hilarious:pachaha:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

:dwillhuh: how is a hip hop forum less career minded?

It's fruitless and pointless to even try to go all deep into fact checking some anonymous person's claims over the net. If they're lying, then there life sucks so bad they have to live vicariously through some fake life they created for the internet...that's their cross to bear, and that ether is already burning slow.:yeshrug:

Now if you catch them in a lie, by all means clown, cuz that shyt's hilarious:pachaha:

That's how I feel about it. At the end of the day, they just havin fun ouchea. I did have someone on here saying there's no way I make what I make because I got bad grammar :heh:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
I pray for haters like you :lawd:

150K? Not a problem when you got them IT
614S%2BCK760L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

My financial planning outlook has me clearing 300K in 3 years, not including, investments, the appreciation on the value of the house I bought for my mama, and the revenue from the business I started.

I :win: :umad:

hahah.... I was wondering when you would show up.:laff:

GentMan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Key Take Away is to have a plan and then automate it.

I hate budgeting so I use Ramit Sethi's Conscious Spending Plan....

50-60% - Expenses (Rent, Car Note, Food, TV/Web/Utilites)
10% - Savings (6 month Emergency Fund, Travel Fund)
10% - Retirement (Roth IRA, Vanguard target retirement fund)
20% - Guilt Free Spending Money

All this is on auto pilot. Took a few hours to sync up my accounts and rearrange my payment dates. Cut expenses mercilessly on shyt you don't care about so that you can spend extravagantly on things you do.

Sometimes we can be our own worst enemy, so remove yourself from the equation and implement a system that works. I've used it at various incomes, 30K, 40k, 70K.