Making 100k a year - What's it like?

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
:rudy: so what type of car did u buy your son that you couldnt pay for fully without a note:aicmon:

when i went to college my father bought me a piece of shyt Mazda that he paid cash for- and my father works a blue collar job making 60k

and there is no good reason to ever lease a car

if the lease was no problem then you would not have mentioned having to pay the notes

i bought my mom a car(used), paid off my sisters(used) and gave my father mine(used) ---- I could care less about a new vehicle-- i would rather use the money to purchase more land

Just noting expenses in general, if there is no reason for you to lease than that's you but I have plenty. I bought my son a new Camry, I went the used route and that doesn't work for me, I don't want to put my son through someone elses headache, furthermore, I can pay cash for any of the cars I have, I choose not to, I usually put 50% down and do 36 months finance, its the easiest way to keep my credit lines up high because my other expenses and when I pay them would keep my credit fluctuating. Everyone's situation is different. Buying land is not really an interest of mine, it takes a lot of years to make a profit and you can bust as easily as you boom and there are a lot of unpredictable things I cannot control easily like I can in buildings but it works for you that's good to hear.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Just noting expenses in general, if there is no reason for you to lease than that's you but I have plenty. I bought my son a new Camry, I went the used route and that doesn't work for me, I don't want to put my son through someone elses headache, furthermore, I can pay cash for any of the cars I have, I choose not to, I usually put 50% down and do 36 months finance, its the easiest way to keep my credit lines up high because my other expenses and when I pay them would keep my credit fluctuating. Everyone's situation is different. Buying land is not really an interest of mine, it takes a lot of years to make a profit and you can bust as easily as you boom and there are a lot of unpredictable things I cannot control easily like I can in buildings but it works for you that's good to hear.

so you choose to finance something that you will not get a return on:why:

but

i apologize for the judgement... im stating my opinions
I :salute: your son
and I hope your business prospers, no bull shyt

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Actually its not a bad idea to lease certain luxury cars. But you gotta be making bread for that to be a viable. Not for the average person.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Man shut you ass shut.
It boils down to the person and how responsible they are

If you are making 250k a year, theres absolutely no way you can be in a position to have not have a very good life. If you are you are probably living beyond your means.I seen people making 100K and squander it all, and I have seen people make 50K and save tons of money.

Whatever you say breh. I'm speaking from experience :yeshrug:

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Actually its not a bad idea to lease certain luxury cars. But you gotta be making bread for that to be a viable. Not for the average person.

yeah i feel you- it is all relative to the individual

I don't really care about Luxury vehicles

If i was making 2mil or more a year then I would def "Buy" the luxury car I want...and Im not even talking about a Ferrari just a regular Range Rover:skip:

but for me---I cant see paying over 38K for a vehicle- and that is with making 6figures

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
yeah i feel you- it is all relative to the individual

I don't really care about Luxury vehicles

If i was making 2mil or more a year then I would def "Buy" the luxury car I want...and Im not even talking about a Ferrari just a regular Range Rover:skip:

but for me---I cant see paying over 38K for a vehicle- and that is with making 6figures
Oh ya mos def, if you can pay full price for a whip in cash...or anything...you do it. Im with you on the part about buying cars that expensive anyway. But I'm not gonna front, if i was caked up i'd probably say fukk it.
Why is it a good idea?
Its just something i've always read, and heard my pops talk about. I think it has to do with the value of said cars plummeting at the rate they do. Not to mention even if you do end up owning it after all those years, the maintenance on them is so high it wouldnt be worth it to keep, and good luck finding buyers. Might be more to it as well. Lease, move on to the next hot car when you want.

Daps
Depends on what the person means by ain't shyt. When I hit 6 figures, nothing changed. I still lived life the exact same way I did when I was at 45k, 75k, and 145k. No real difference that's what I mean when I said 6 figures ain't shyt.

I'm guessing it's not going to be until I'm making a million a year until I see a humongous change in lifestyle. Until then, I'm just another lost nikka :yeshrug:

That extra money goes somewhere, whether you choose to live in a better place or drive a better car or prefer to stack is just a personal decision. In any case, you're much better suited for life's curve balls when you make 100k as opposed to, say, 50k.

The "change" you seek would require leaving the middle class, which 100k has fallen in for decades.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Oh ya mos def, if you can pay full price for a whip in cash...or anything...you do it. Im with you on the part about buying cars that expensive anyway. But I'm not gonna front, if i was caked up i'd probably say fukk it.

Its just something i've always read, and heard my pops talk about. I think it has to do with the value of said cars plummeting at the rate they do. Not to mention even if you do end up owning it after all those years, the maintenance on them is so high it wouldnt be worth it to keep, and good luck finding buyers. Might be more to it as well. Lease, move on to the next hot car when you want.

This, on my M56, the maintenance at 30k miles and 60k :sadbron: your talking close to 1500 at 30k (tires are very expensive) and 3 stacks at 60k (tranny work and again tires) and your powertrain warranty is close to expiring at that point.

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin

t.
:smugfavre: i feel u brah

i like all that luxury lifestyle shyt but to me, the greatest thing is feeling secure in my finances
so im kinda paranoid about having to struggle financially---so everything for me is based on growth of wealth, having a safety net for the worst, and doing for my parents

I honestly think that if i was a millionaire, i would prolly have the same lifestyle I have now

i value freedom and traveling more than having the spoils

dogg i remember having (negative $900) in my checking acct:snoop:

when I was a kid i remember eating biscuits at my grandma's house and pretending it was a slice of pizza:snoop:

i remember being embarassed taking my gm to the fairgrounds to get Govt food:snoop:

i cant go back:snoop:

im more nervous to spend money on lavish shyt

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
The average American family makes around $55k, if you're making $250k as a individual and you don't see a difference in your lifestyle for the positive, it's safe to assume you're just a fool with money.

Even if you are a fool with your money, that 250k is going to buy you a whole hell of a lot more than 50k

I'm not calling :duck:, but median household income in the US is 50k.

100k a year is like the top 10%, yet we have a plethora of late 20s, early 30s persons theft make that much and all decide to congregate to a hiphop board

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
People say 100k isnt alot because it really isnt, it is hard to live a lifestyle of what 100k would have done in the 80's. You still have to budget..It all boils down to your spending habits and being descipline. I realized once you get to a certain point you will not be satisfied and always want more. Most of my friends look up to me because I am doing good for myself. This weekend I was hanging with one of my best friends young and rich (30 years old) and he was telling me he pulled up to club Liv in Miami with his supercar and said to himself " I am not doing it" after seeing Bugatti's parked up and he is driving a 200k car with other sick cars and told me he is about to drop 275k on a 458 Italia now..He was telling me about one of his friends that is loaded and how wishes he could make his type of money and I am thinking to myself what I would do to have your bank instead of mine after telling me he did 4.5 mil this year...Moral of the story you will always want more..people would die to get to 50k and once they get there they realize its nothing they change up a lifestyle probably upgrade a car or house and they are back to square one, needing more because they are spending more and saving less...my people always told me its not what you make its what you save and it is so true.
Nothing you said = 100k is not a lot.

What you're are making >>>>>> what you saving

A nikka making 100k has more flexibility than nikka making 50k and living frugal

Typical Coli Nigga

#ADOS #BlackWomenStopDatingThugs
Daps
Reppin
#NoReparationsNoVote
100k a year is like the top 10%, yet we have a plethora of late 20s, early 30s persons theft make that much and all decide to congregate to a hiphop board

I pray for haters like you :lawd:

150K? Not a problem when you got them IT
614S%2BCK760L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

My financial planning outlook has me clearing 300K in 3 years, not including, investments, the appreciation on the value of the house I bought for my mama, and the revenue from the business I started.

I :win: :umad:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I pray for haters like you :lawd:

150K? Not a problem when you got them
614S%2BCK760L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

My financial planning outlook has me clearing 300K in 3 years, not including, investments, the appreciation on the value of the house I bought for my mama, and the revenue from the business I started.

I :win: :umad:

I'm not saying anyone is lying

I'm saying the numbers make this suspicious