Making 100k a year - What's it like?

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
To me it depends what type of career you're in and what your goals are more than the actual number. Unless you're in the type of field like a surgeon where 100k+ is a given no matter what. For example in my line of work I have the option of working a ton of overtime and extra hours which if I took all that was offered I'd be making over 100k in a year. But it also means I'd be working 60-70 hours a week. I'm the kind of guy who'll take the 40 hours and enjoy my free time while living on that 70-80k instead. Call me lazy but fukkit...life's too short. If you can get to a spot where you make 100k without working non-stop....that's where you wanna be.

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
Im 3/5's of the way there at my day career (before taxes/insurance etc).... Bring home is different but it is what it is.

Since my career covers my insurances and 401k, taxes etc. I just need a solid hustle move to make that 40k a year BUT in reality if its online business, thats $5 an hour (24x7)passive income

So I keep doing the online affiliate work... eventually the money will get that high.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I always hate when people say 100k "ain't shyt" in certain locales. Even in NYC there's plenty of folks making less than that and getting by. While the lifestyle you could live would be dramatically different than the lifestyle you'd live in Houston making 100k, I don't think it's accurate to say it ain't shyt. It just ain't the windfall that those making less tend to think it is.

When people say it ain't shyt, they mean your lifestyle isn't going to change that much. You're still going to look, feel, and have to act like a middle class citizen. There's no drastic change in lifestyle.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
All you people who had a problem with my comment about the rich dad poor dad books should check this out.

Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Bankrupt Dad? - Forbes
The schtick behind the Rich Dad books was that Kiyosaki was sharing secret money-making strategies of the wealthy with his wage slave readers. The tips ran the gamut from ridiculous to illegal and downright hurtful and included advocating for insider trading, arguing for the purchase of multiple real estate properties with little or no money down and telling followers they could purchase stocks on margin via unfunded brokerage accounts

The books are full of bad advice, and feel good rhetoric that makes you feel good about make bad decisions with your money. And the author filed for bankruptcy. He didn't get rich off of real estate he got rich off of selling dreams to you goofy mufukkas.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Saving and investing.:manny:

Has your income/life improved since reading the book?

I didn't read that book but I have read a book called the total money makeover and I'm currently reading a book called Think and growth rich. The total money makeover didn't cause me to make more money but I am smarter with how I spend/invest what I do have. Went from 34k in debt to 25k and will have the 25k paid off next year. Think and grow rich is helping me shape a mentality about life/money that is going to financially benefit me in the future.

The plan that you have is general and the more specifics you have, the better, imo. So while you may feel that the literature has no benefit it could help map out some specifics with your plan. There many vessels to save and invest and a good book can help you narrow down what's best for you based on the outcome you desire.

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
Saving and investing.:manny:

Has your income/life improved since reading the book?

Yes.

Next question please.

And you still haven't posted any books. :wtb:

edit:

All you people who had a problem with my comment about the rich dad poor dad books should check this out.

Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Bankrupt Dad? - Forbes

The books are full of bad advice, and feel good rhetoric that makes you feel good about make bad decisions with your money. And the author filed for bankruptcy. He didn't get rich off of real estate he got rich off of selling dreams to you goofy mufukkas.

The book Rich Dad, Poor Dad has good information. Period. That book gave me on new perspective on things. What you do with information after it is presented to you is in your hands. I'm not familiar with his background in question, but I know is that book has a good message and can be a starting point for those in search of knowledge as I said in my first post.

And please dude post some books already. You claim other resources are better yet you post none. Stop it bruh.

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People say 100k isnt alot because it really isnt, it is hard to live a lifestyle of what 100k would have done in the 80's. You still have to budget..It all boils down to your spending habits and being descipline. I realized once you get to a certain point you will not be satisfied and always want more. Most of my friends look up to me because I am doing good for myself. This weekend I was hanging with one of my best friends young and rich (30 years old) and he was telling me he pulled up to club Liv in Miami with his supercar and said to himself " I am not doing it" after seeing Bugatti's parked up and he is driving a 200k car with other sick cars and told me he is about to drop 275k on a 458 Italia now..He was telling me about one of his friends that is loaded and how wishes he could make his type of money and I am thinking to myself what I would do to have your bank instead of mine after telling me he did 4.5 mil this year...Moral of the story you will always want more..people would die to get to 50k and once they get there they realize its nothing they change up a lifestyle probably upgrade a car or house and they are back to square one, needing more because they are spending more and saving less...my people always told me its not what you make its what you save and it is so true.

Daps
When people say it ain't shyt, they mean your lifestyle isn't going to change that much. You're still going to look, feel, and have to act like a middle class citizen. There's no drastic change in lifestyle.

That's cuz you are:manny:

"ain't shyt" just seems to suggest "barely surviving" to me.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yes.

Next question please.

And you still haven't posted any books. :wtb:
:pachaha: you just don't get it. There is no book you can read that will teach you how to become rich, if there was everybody would be doing it. If you needed a book to tell you to quit waisting money and to invest in money making ventures, then I guess it could be beneficial, but most of us already know this.

You cant find one successful rich person, fininancial planner, or business man who thinks the books offer something substantial.

Edit: you keep asking me to post a better book, well there is no better book I can post cause all comparable books are trash. If you really want to learn about the stock market, there are plenty of books, articles, etc you can read, same with real estate. These self help books offer no real help or guidance, they just make you feel better, cause they tell you that your learning secrets that others don't know.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:pachaha: you just don't get it. There is no book you can read that will teach you how to become rich, if there was everybody would be doing it. If you needed a book to tell you to quit waisting money and to invest in money making ventures, then I guess it could be beneficial, but most of us already know this.

You cant find one successful rich person, fininancial planner, or business man who thinks the books offer something substantial.

“Rich people have small TVs and big libraries, and poor people have small libraries and big TVs.”

You have no idea what you're talking about. People who have endured long time financial success read a book or more that lead them on a path of success. If investing and saving was so natural, more people would be well off.

And who do you think writes those books? Rich people. You don't know anyone, NOT ONE PERSON with a substantial amount of money that followed their own natural instincts to get there.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
“Rich people have small TVs and big libraries, and poor people have small libraries and big TVs.”

You have no idea what you're talking about. People who have endured long time financial success read a book or more that lead them on a path of success. If investing and saving was so natural, more people would be well off.

:pachaha: is that a quote from one of your books. Makes you feel good to repeat it huh? But what does it really mean? How does it help your life? You didn't know that books offer more helpful information than TV's before you read that quote?

I didn't say rich people don't read, i said they don't waist time reading nonsense like rich dad poor dad.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
That's cuz you are:manny:

"ain't shyt" just seems to suggest "barely surviving" to me.

Depends on what the person means by ain't shyt. When I hit 6 figures, nothing changed. I still lived life the exact same way I did when I was at 45k, 75k, and 145k. No real difference that's what I mean when I said 6 figures ain't shyt.

I'm guessing it's not going to be until I'm making a million a year until I see a humongous change in lifestyle. Until then, I'm just another lost nikka :yeshrug:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:pachaha: is that a quote from one of your books. Makes you feel good to repeat it huh? But what does it really mean? How does it help your life? You didn't know that books offer more helpful information than TV's before you read that quote?

I didn't say rich people don't read, i said they don't waist time reading nonsense like rich dad poor dad.

If you're talking specifically about "Rich dad poor dad", then I don't need to say anything else to you because that wasn't the book I decided to read to help me on the path to financial freedom. If you're talking about the uselessness of self-help, financial books in general, then you're an idiot.