Majority blacc website "thecoli" just voted grits as the nastiest breakfast item

Is the coli majority blacc?

• Yes

Votes: 68 20.4%
  • No

Votes: 266 79.6%

• Total voters

invalid

Banned
Daps
With this classic joint playing in the background

For Da fukking Culture breh :blessed:

GRIIIIIIITTTTTSSSSSS

grits-recipe-what-are-grits-9.jpg

cheese-grits-10.jpg

2P_111715_1_CatfishPoblanoGrits_20-_209160_20SQ.jpg

shrimp_and_grits.jpg

Shrimp-and-Grits-.jpg

IMG_5005.png

(not my pictures btw)

fukking gorgeous moe :mjcry:

chisus :banderas:

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
black men and women who were enslaved amounts to being "slave food"

slaves were fed cornmeal not chitlins and baked macaroni and cheese

Furthermore, these dishes have versions of them globally

So why are they reduced to slave food?

The origins of recipes considered soul food can be traced back to before slavery, as West African and European foodways were adapted to the environment of the region.[3] Many of the foods integral to the cuisine originate from the limited rations given to enslaved people by their planters and masters. Enslaved people were typically given a peck of cornmeal and 3-4 pounds of pork per week, and from those rations come soul food staples such as cornbread, fried catfish, barbecued ribs, chitterlings, and neckbones.[7] It has been noted that enslaved Africans were the primary consumers of cooked greens (collards, beets, dandelion, kale, and purslane) and sweet potatoes for a portion of US history.[8][9]

All things considered, the evolution of mac and cheese is as follows:
  1. Started as a royalty food
  2. Crossed the Atlantic ocean as an elitist dish, and when it finally arrived, enslaved Africans—who cooked the meal—had a huge influence on its preparation/taste

The History of Slavery in the Cultivation of Mac & Cheese

If you can name other dishes that are part of AA history that have no roots to the slave period then OK. There’s no issue with that at all, but denying the history of food is pointless.

It’s not shaming either, but recognising what history is. But we can’t act like AA is the helm of nutritious, good, fine cuisine.

Anyway, you can read what I linked, otherwise do your own research instead of posting about what you think.

Last edited:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
The History of Slavery in the Cultivation of Mac & Cheese

If you can name other dishes that are part of AA history that have no roots to the slave period then OK. There’s no issue with that at all, but denying the history of food is pointless.

It’s not shaming either, but recognising what history is. But we can’t act like AA is the helm of nutritious, good, fine cuisine.

Anyway, you can read what I linked, otherwise do your own research instead of posting about what you think.
So American southern food-comfort food

in which multiple cultures across the united states enjoys's, and people globally enjoy stems from " slave food"

than ok:ehh:

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
black men and women who were enslaved amounts to being "slave food"

slaves were fed cornmeal not chitlins and baked macaroni and cheese

Furthermore, these dishes have versions of them globally

So why are they reduced to slave food?

That clown is just excited to spew ws anti afram talking points that the people in his life taught him. This carribepean talking like him and his folks ain't scarfing down saltfish, oxtails, okra, callaloo, stew peas with PIG TAILS and MANNISH WATER.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Fried grits???

Put me on breh

:feedme:

Basically make grits let them cool .Cut them in squares ,batter them then fry.

:ohhh: My uncle told me about this when i was little, but i never heard about it again and nobody made it.

Btw, my uncle was of the great migration generation but born and raised in nj. And i knew a woman, damn near 100 y.o. in the 2010s, also born and raised in nj. In retrospect, i wonder if they were remnants of the afro dutch. :jbhmm:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
:ohhh: My uncle told me about this when i was little, but i never heard about it again and nobody made it.

Btw, my uncle was of the great migration generation but born and raised in nj. And i knew a woman, damn near 100 y.o. in the 2010s, also born and raised in nj. In retrospect, i wonder if they were remnants of the afro dutch. :jbhmm:

It’s highly possible that they were :ohhh: I’ve always been curious on the Afro Dutch and wonder if there was more of them today, would they have had a significant influence on the Ebonics of the Northeast side of Black America and would they have been able to maintain their culture with little to no change like the Gullah-Geechie, Black Seminoles, Creoles, etc. There should definitely be a thread on these unique ADOS cultural subgroups.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
:blessed: And we JUST bought some whiting.

We not gon get the grits til monday so Monday night dinner just might be fried whiting, yellow grits, and greens. :leon: :whew:

You about to have me lick my damn phone screen lol :whew:

Make sure you bless the fried whiting with some freshly squeezed lemon juice!

hatealot

Banned
Daps
With this classic joint playing in the background

For Da fukking Culture breh :blessed:

GRIIIIIIITTTTTSSSSSS

grits-recipe-what-are-grits-9.jpg

cheese-grits-10.jpg

2P_111715_1_CatfishPoblanoGrits_20-_209160_20SQ.jpg

shrimp_and_grits.jpg

Shrimp-and-Grits-.jpg

IMG_5005.png

(not my pictures btw)

fukking gorgeous moe :mjcry:

That looks amazing. Shrimp and grits. Tommorow is Sunday. Shrimp and fish/shrimp and grits.

I'm treating my niece to this tommorow since I stayed in the house all night and her grandmothers isn't in Atlanta to cook up for her. Thank you