Majority blacc website "thecoli" just voted grits as the nastiest breakfast item

Is the coli majority blacc?

• Yes

Votes: 68 20.4%
  • No

Votes: 266 79.6%

• Total voters

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I don’t know, maybe you brehs can tell me if I was doing it right or if them Harlem brehettes did me dirty.

All jokes aside, grits is nothing more than African version of ground rice/garri

ADOS brehs take it easy man lol, we aint coming at your necks because of not thinking ADOS food is life changing. Many of us were raised on a mix of British, African and American culture - it's nothing to do with the collective, just your terrible food :smile:

Negged. :francis:

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Old heads? :mjlol: Some of y’all bammas in here definitely smoking boat like shyt lmao

Most of the AA/ADOS nikkas that went to my alma mater eat grits especially whenever the cafe would serve some for breakfast or brunch and they be nice and creamy and HOT (in my Madea voice) :wow: And them nikkas be from Baltimore, DMV, Jersey, Philly, Southern VA, Delaware, MD/VA Eastern Shore, North Carolina, Florida, and a few here and there from Cali, Chicago, and Georgia and a majority of them were ages 17 to 22. Talkin’ about old heads :mjlol:
Breh. Other people have different preferences and experiences than you do. No shyt, that's life. Once again, I'm not getting why y'all nikkas in here are taking that fact directly up your soft asses, but oh well :yeshrug:

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
were you not the one referring to afram culinary staples as "slave food"

lol at educate yourself:mjlol:

The cuisine originated with the foods that were given to enslaved African Americans by English Americans on southern plantations during the American colonial period; however, it was strongly influenced by the traditional practices of West Africans and Native Americans from its inception.
The Origins of Soul Food in Black Urban Identity: Chicago, 1915-1947 on JSTOR

There’s no shame in saying what it is, and the basis of soul food is that.

Of course there have been recent additions, but there’s no denying it’s roots.

If you compare what African people eat to what African Americans eat in that period, there is a stark contrast, which is due to the influence of slave owners restricting food sources for their slaves.

Last edited:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
The Origins of Soul Food in Black Urban Identity: Chicago, 1915-1947 on JSTOR

There’s no shame in saying what it is, and the basis of soul food is that.

Of course there have been recent additions, but there’s no denying it’s roots.
black men and women who were enslaved amounts to being "slave food"

slaves were fed cornmeal not chitlins and baked macaroni and cheese

Furthermore, these dishes have versions of them globally

So why are they reduced to slave food?