Majority blacc website "thecoli" just voted grits as the nastiest breakfast item

Is the coli majority blacc?

• Yes

Votes: 68 20.4%
  • No

Votes: 266 79.6%

• Total voters

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Mate, you are all over the shop here - you're bring up random points from different posts and not even quoting them

Do you honestly know what diverse is? OK, no one is posting examples. Show meals that prove the diversity of dishes that are say, not fish/meat and not fried and are mains.
This motherfukker said “mate”:laff:
tenor.gif

where are you from?

Last edited:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I find this funny because I'm from NY and not ADOS (I'm Afro-Latino) but I love grits. No way I'm getting rid of grits over coffee, apple juice, or sausage.

I do feel there is a bit of projecting going on. Alot of people assuming that you every ADOS person likes grits. Y'all do realize that every ethic group doesn't like all their dishes right? I'm Puerto Rican, and there's some shyt I can't stand and will not eat (ie Pasteles :camby:)

Also why are people arguing whether grits is a Southern thing? I'm inclined to believe it because everyone I know from the South says so. Even white people down there eat it. 1 of my fantasy leagues has a CAC from North Carolina. I just asked him this morning if he eats grits. And his reply was "Hell yeah! Grits is a staple of the South!" And the fact that if your ADOS your roots trace back to the South, kinda gives it even more credence :ld:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
You've been misinformed. The contested origin of Fried chicken has nothing to do with "poor Irish", but the stereotype that Scots will batter and fry anything if you give them enough oil. Look up "Deep fried Mars bar" to see a modern example of what I'm saying.
lol I'm not misinformed about anything

I'm just telling you what white Americans put out there

everything from cuisine,music etc funnels through either poor white southerners or the irish

All of it is equally bullshyt

The scotts cant claim anything over frying, just like you cant claim cooking over an open flame

bis0n

(Requires Trapping)
Daps
lol I'm not misinformed about anything

I'm just telling you what white Americans put out there

everything from cuisine,music etc funnels through either poor white southerners or the irish

All of it is equally bullshyt

The scotts cant claim anything over frying, just like you cant claim cooking over an open flame

I'm trying to tell you that white people don't claim fried chicken to be Irish, they claim it to be Scottish. The other shyt they put out is of no concern to me, but in context of fried chicken as an American staple they specifically mention Scots.

RRjrihh.jpg

Personally, I do agree with you when you say no group can lay claim to the concept of cooking meat in hot fat.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
I'm trying to tell you that white people don't claim fried chicken to be Irish, they claim it to be Scottish. The other shyt they put out is of no concern to me, but in context of fried chicken as an American staple they specifically mention Scots.

RRjrihh.jpg

Personally, I do agree with you when you say no group can lay claim to the concept of cooking meat in hot fat.

ok breh. I can simply say that I've heard both

like I said the Irish are there go to people, when it comes to appropriating black culture across the spectrum

this is my first time even hearing about the Scottish with fried food

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Kinda on the fence on this whole grits debate. Never had cheese grits, but y’all taking down on sweet grits is crazy. In order to make A final educated answer, I’m just finna whip some up right now

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Damn 30+ pages deep over some damn grits lol

Grits by themselves are bland as fukk. That's why you gotta add butter, salt, and pepper to do anything with them

They basically soak up whatever flavor you put in them. It's cool with seafood and sausage mixed in it but that may be a baltimore thing.
My mother used to make grits with pepper and Old Bay. Then she would cut up smoked sausage in small pieces and stir them into the pot of grits. Then she expected us to stay awake in church after eating all that with eggs and pancakes
:heh:

I’m getting teary eyed just thinking about it. Ain’t nothing like a mother’s love
:mjcry:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
My mother used to make grits with pepper and Old Bay. Then she would cut up smoked sausage in small pieces and stir them into the pot of grits. Then she expected us to stay awake in church after eating all that with eggs and pancakes
:heh:

I’m getting teary eyed just thinking about it. Ain’t nothing like a mother’s love
:mjcry:

Your mom's was ahead of the game

They're doing all that old bay and grits stuff at a lot of these fancy brunch places in the area now

:pachaha: