M$ ready to throw in the Towel and do xbox like that lil Italian man in Goodfellas

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
And what would they put on this service besides the movie games?

Not even trying to be funny, but until they get some GAAS long tailed games there's really no point. Anything else they can get from Steam.

What service? I said a launcher or deal with Steam to have their own storefront to highlight their games for PC?

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And what would they put on this service besides the movie games?

Not even trying to be funny, but until they get some GAAS long tailed games there's really no point. Anything else they can get from Steam.
They could also put the third party games that they have console exclusive rights to on the pc storefront.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
What service? I said a launcher or deal with Steam to have their own storefront to highlight their games for PC?

Sony just don’t have pull like that with PC players. Look at Microsoft they own the entire operating system and can’t get get nikkas to play the games for “free” on their launcher. Thats literally all it is for them, a separate .exe file they gotta click on and they won’t do it even if they don’t have to spend money lol

There’s no real pot of gold waiting for sony if they pivot to PC. That territory has been long claimed

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
i feel like you started out disagreeing with me but now we’re here

QENK.gif
You right :russ:

But, it's all just circular talk. No one's admitting what we've/I've been saying for years.

Sony is tied to a box that you must buy and rebuy the pro and rebuy and rebuy. They couldn't even get streaming right with the Portal...yet, I guess...I dunno and they probably don't either :francis:.

They have nothing that garauntee's continued growth, or is future proof. All they've done is spend a crazy amount of money on Spiderman, The Last of Us, and GoW.

They may have another hit with Wolverine, but without giving people a reason to keep coming back they're digging themselves in a hole. That's what the problem is and always has been. They just don't have M$ money to keep afloat.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Sony just don’t have pull like that with PC players. Look at Microsoft they own the entire operating system and can’t get get nikkas to play the games for “free” on their launcher.

There’s no real pot of gold waiting for sony if they pivot to PC. That territory has been long claimed

I guess launcher is the wrong thing. I'm thinking more of a dedicated section on Steam.

How is EA's doing?

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
They could also put the third party games that they have console exclusive rights to on the pc storefront.
That's kinda like robbing peter to pay Paul.

The house of Spiderman would never do that.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They have nothing that garauntee's continued growth, or is future proof. All they've done is spend a crazy amount of money on Spiderman, The Last of Us, and GoW.

They may have another hit with Wolverine, but without giving people a reason to keep coming back they're digging themselves in a hole. That's what the problem is and always has been. They just don't have M$ money to keep afloat.
I disagree.
What keeps people coming back to Playstation is they know they'll always get good games. It's 5 gens deep at this point. Games are the key and they know this and have always known this from the start. Not gimmicks, not services, not power....GAMES. The brand and it's status is set.

It's why Nintendo and Sony are still here. Others not so much.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Minecraft, the game that was released December 17, 2013 for PLAYSTATION 3 and then it's parent company bought by MSFT in 2014?

Absolutely horrific levels of posting.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
I disagree.
What keeps people coming back to Playstation is they know they'll always get good games. It's 5 gens deep at this point. Games are the key and they know this and have always known this from the start. Not gimmicks, not services, not power....GAMES. The brand and it's status is set.

It's why Nintendo and Sony are still here. Others not so much.
They do have good games, but them good games cost a hell of a lot to make :usure:

What happens when that formula runs dry?

I just started playing WoW again and paying Blizzard (MS :mjgrin:) after not playing it for over a decade, Sony needs that.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's kinda like robbing peter to pay Paul.

The house of Spiderman would never do that.
Why not? They probably would because they would be releasing on PC and not just console just under the Sony store front. It’s a broader reach in terms of sales potential for marvel.

Then a year or two after release on steam.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They do have good games, but them good games cost a hell of a lot to make :usure:

Scared money don't make none, and them shyts pull in a hefty return at the end. Games are going diamond. And with most of the sales digital, they keep most of it.

multiple near diamond and above franchises.

this ain't the movie industry where you get half of ticket sales.

Do they need to reign in costs? Of course, but these games still easily profit. The suits just want even more money (going on with all industries).

What happens when that formula runs dry?

All of the games are not the same. Yall keep parroting "movies games" just because it has a QTE cutscene and an over the shoulder 3rd person camera. shyt is goofy. They're 5 gens deep and know what to do. You'd have a point if the game sucked, but they continue to be critically acclaimed and GOOD because QUALITY went into them.
I just started playing WoW again and paying Blizzard (MS :mjgrin:) after not playing it for over a decade, Sony needs that.
Or do your own thing and not bite? Nintendo is still doing the same shyt and no one says anything, but Sony needs to worry?