M$ ready to throw in the Towel and do xbox like that lil Italian man in Goodfellas

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I guarantee at some point we will see a store front on PC. Once they have the majority of the slate in PC format. At that point they could do day and date and make it exclusive without putting it on steam and release on PC.

Yeah, a Storefront would be the first step…cause they would be able to collect revenue from 3rd party titles but they still have the juggernaut of Steam to contend with and we see how poorly Epic/battle.net/ubi/windows store is doing with that. Their games alone wouldn’t be enough to get people to jump to a new storefront/launcher

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony's not doing that for no damn PC market, they doing that because there's higher margins on rereleasing every system and peripherals to Stans :mjlol:Yall will buy anything with a Playstation logo on it :heh:

No PC player cares about any pro or x version.

Enthusiast who buy pro model consoles would be the first ones to jump to pc

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, a Storefront would be the first step…cause they would be able to collect revenue 3rd party titles but they still have the juggernaut of steam and we see how poorly Epic is doing with that.
Honestly they could get away with a storefront if Wolverine, X-Men and Spideman 3 releases day and date on it for PC. Sony is not like Microsoft PC nikkaz won’t give a fukk about steam to play the new hotness on a PlayStation storefront because their brand is that strong.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Honestly they could get away with a storefront if Wolverine, X-Men and Spideman 3 releases day and date on it for PC. Sony is not like Microsoft PC nikkaz won’t give a fukk about steam to play the new hotness on a PlayStation storefront because their brand is that strong.

Naw, Steam is PC. That will never change. Sony like Epic, would literally have to give games away for people to consider using a new launcher

There’s a reason why even Blizzard and Activision are putting their games on Steam again. PC is Valve territory. Alan Wake 2 a literal game of the year contender just flopped because it was an Epic store exclusive

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
200w.gif

Sega Status awaits thee Xbot Nation.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naw, Steam is PC. That will never change. Sony like Epic, would literally have to give games away for people to consider using a new launcher
I’m telling you people would download that launcher to play day one exclusives for PC. Yes there would be pro steam people hating.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

There’s a reason why even Blizzard and Activision are putting their games on Steam again. PC is Valve territory. Alan Wake 2 a literal game of the year contender just flopped because it was an Epic store exclusive
Blizzard and Activision aren’t Sony though and their brand is no where near comparable. Plus they are third party. Sony and Nintendo are the only ones where I feel they could have successful store fronts on pc.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I agree they looking at all avenues to recoup. Which I don’t blame them at this point. They really going hard to be the Netflix of gaming

I know that's what they want and what Phil probably sold Nadella on. But it aint working. So this is the next logical step (going multiplat 3rd party). Anyone with a brain knows this. That's why the shills on social media are accepting the inevitable.

And I don't think a subscription service will ever work either. We see it now with others in media. If you not Netflix, Apple Music/Spotify, basically the OGs who were first to market, It's not what was projected. Disney Plus keeps raising prices, Warner Discovery is licensing out shows to other services and not keeping them all on MAX, Paramount Plus? Who even uses that shyt. BET+, you name it. All underperforming and/or raising prices.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m telling you people would download that launcher to play day one exclusives for PC. Yes there would be pro steam people hating.

If sony announces a new playstation launcher there would be so much backlash out the gate for it. Even if there are some pc players that would jump to buying the one game (not pirate it) they wouldn’t be spending additional money in the store, they’d just go back to steam.

Like I said, look at stuff like Alan Wake 2 or other highly acclaimed Epic store exclusives. They just don’t sell.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
100% agree. Could see Sony making a deal with Steam to have their special area or some shyt on the service.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
100% agree. Could see Sony making a deal with Steam to have their special area or some shyt on the service.

Seeing how badly day 1 launches are effecting xbox hardware i don’t even think sony dip their toe in it outside of live service games.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
And what would they put on this service besides the movie games?

Not even trying to be funny, but until they get some GAAS long tailed games there's really no point. Anything else they can get from Steam.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On PC Blizzard is far bigger than Sony.
First off how long has blizzard been releasing games on PC? Sony is releasing games that are 3 to 4 years old and haven’t really tested releasing day and date exclusives on the storefront. Let them release last of us 3 or Spider-man 3 on PC and the only way to access is on their launchers nikkas are downloading.

I’m a heavy PC gamer and I’m downloading the store front to have access to those games.