Lupe interview on Sway bout the Pete Rock situation, he mad as fukk

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:duck: no match at all,dj quik has more memorable songs on the 1st half his 1st album than pete rock has on both group albums and his solo records combined.

I'm a fan of both but you're wrong, and obviously biased against anything east coast. Ridiculously, insanely, out-of-touch-with-reality, biased. I mean....the premise of the thread is Lupe, a new artist, is trying to remake a classic Pete Rock/CL Smooth song. That's literally what the thread is about....and your response is "nothing from his discography is memorable", despite the fact that we're sitting in a thread about a guy trying to remake one of his songs that came out 20+ years ago.

If what you're saying is true this thread wouldn't exist. Nobody is trying to remake Quik songs in 2012.

Fred.

SirSmokeCrackAlot

Senior Crackhead
Daps

"This man gave me his complete blessing to use not only the song "today" but the whole album, I thought he was joking lol. He said it was creative cuz he's never heard his music like that before and called it clever. That's why T.R.O.Y. Is so sacred not only to me but to the lives of every human being who felt the pain of losing a loved one,it was heavy d's favorite song done in my man Troy's honor. I have been invited to the white house behind this song smh. Michelle Obama works out to my music and loves T.R.O.Y. RIP Heavy D! I don't think anyone else woulda made this sound the way I made it sound (no ego just truth) which made not only my family proud of me but it's my best work hands down. The Pete Rock version got guys in jail through their long bids, I mean u name it and this record had done it. Thank u do much Tom Scott for ur wonderful blessing,without it my version would have never come out and that's the truth. This should be etched in stone and never disrespected! #sacredmusicforallfolksthatleftus”

Instagram

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, Lupe is definitely in the right...theres no way he would make all this shyt up with his credibility on the line especially after the public thought it was squashed yesterday.

I shytted on him the whole week but I'm definitely gonna have to take the L and side with Lupe.

I thought Lupe lost his credibility when he came in the game biting pharell:skip:

or when he campaigned for Hillary Rhoddam over Barry Hussein:beli:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Lupe was swearing more in this interview than his last 15 songs......:sadbron: that negro is upset..:lolbron:...................Hopefully they work it out......hate to see "good artists and producers" fighting.........like I hated when Canibus and DJ Premier were publicly bickering......like :what:........why?? :sadcam:

Here's the original same for "They Reminisce Over You"
Jefferson Airplane - "Today"

Speaking of which, I'm about to purposefully listen to some Jefferson Airplane tracks for the first time ever, like this shiit...........alt music thread.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Pete Rock fukked Carmen. That's the reason Pete and Nas never worked again.

Both Pete Rock and Carmen have said this never occurred. Pete Rock actually was very upset that Nas might've ever believed that.

HHDX: And do you want to say anything about the long-standing rumors regarding you and his ex, Carmen Bryan, having a relationship? You wanna touch any of that?
Pete Rock: Nah, I dont wanna touch any of that. Theres nothing to touch. I dont even know the person youre talking about.

HHDX: Do you think the fans thirst for knowledge about an artists private life is starting to supersede their actual interest in the music itself?
Pete Rock: Yeah, because its not about peoples private lives. Its about the talent that we have. When you talking to me about stuff like that, it disinterests me. I dont even wanna talk anymore after you asking me stuff like that. Its really none of your business what goes on in someones personal life. But to say something about that incident, I dont even know her. Ill say it again. I dont know that woman. Obviously, he thinks I know her because he hasnt spoken to me in 14 years. And if thats the reason, I think thats real stupid of him. And you can quote me saying that.

The situation was that Pete Rock joined the "fukk Nas" coalition after IWW dropped and Nas didn't use any of the beats he sent him, which is bytch made in itself but that's just what nikkas do

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Pete Rock fukked Carmen. That's the reason Pete and Nas never worked again.

Lol..u goin so hard on Nas u biggin up rumors rather than the actual facts I posted...the fact is Pete Rock shytted on Nas after IWW..he actually insulted the whole shyt on some whining rant and was bytchin cause he wasn't on it...see..this Lupe situation ain't the first time this nikka went on ranting and insulting...plus dude is KNOWN to be a dikkhead sometimes...which is why I said what I said..so the same reason nikkas is in this thread shyttin on Lupe for some of the shyt he's done in the past...the SAME shyt can be said for Pete Rock...and I think Pete is one of the GOAT producers..I got the nikka over Dre for sure..

SirSmokeCrackAlot

Senior Crackhead
Daps
Here's the original same for "They Reminisce Over You"
Jefferson Airplane - "Today"
Jefferson Airplane - Today - YouTube

Speaking of which, I'm about to purposefully listen to some Jefferson Airplane tracks for the first time ever, like this shiit...........alt music thread.....

That was the original but thats not the track Pete sampled. He sampled the Tom Scott version:

[ame=http://youtu.be/FCxc0Laqyqo]Tom Scott - Today - YouTube[/ame]

I think Black Sheep sampled the Jefferson Airplane version:

[ame=http://youtu.be/Hvz0tELNH4w]Black Sheep-Similak Child - YouTube[/ame]