Lupe interview on Sway bout the Pete Rock situation, he mad as fukk

SirSmokeCrackAlot

Senior Crackhead
Daps
:rudy: idc what pete has to say, as a grown man he should have brought his frustrations out via telephone call not twitter. he's a legend i love his music but he's too old and experienced to be trying to bring someone elses career down on some salty shyt via social networks. lol at not understanding why lupes wrong pete, c'mon son you openly shytted on his song and damn near ruined his career.

This song is a single and is being pushed hard. It was inevitable that Pete would have to publicly voice his opinion on the track.

Anyway props to Pete for clearing it up.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

To be honest I don't know who to side with.
I like Lu but he's been funny style the past two - three years
and of course Pete Rock is a legend, I'll just have to see how
things play out before I really can comment.

As for that other discussion
Dj Quik >>>>>>
West,West Y'all :yes:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
you know what, Lupe frustrates me hard, he could do something great with his talent and bring some dope producers back with motivation!! Don't piss off the old heads brother..invite and show love with it. That is all, and leave all that other bullshyt alone..

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Like I said in the beginning...closed mouths don't get fed..also...regardless..in the beginning I said.I understood where Pete was coming from but him spazzing on Twitter like that was WAAAAY too harsh and childish...in this situation...Lupe ISN'T wrong...

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
this fully have to do with pete rock not getting shyt from the song, considering he doesn't own the rights he's salty as fukk that's why hes saying he wanted to be apart of it. you know this nikka broke.

SirSmokeCrackAlot

Senior Crackhead
Daps
Like I said in the beginning...closed mouths don't get fed..also...regardless..in the beginning I said.I understood where Pete was coming from but him spazzing on Twitter like that was WAAAAY too harsh and childish...in this situation...Lupe ISN'T wrong...

It depends what you consider "wrong". Lupe remade Petes song without his blessing. I dont know if thats "wrong" but as a hip hop head I'll tell you thats "wack".

It seems Lupe never even personally spoke to Pete but rather had some label rep call him. Thats why I was saying before that maybe Lupe misunderstood. That seems more likely now since he didnt even personally speak to the man.

And in the end nothing happened. Lupe put out the song and Pete said he didnt like it. All this talk like Pete almost ended his career is just whatever. You really think most of Lupes fans care what Pete Rock has to say on twitter. From what I saw the majority of the internet was riding with Lupe anyway. If you look at the comments in that Mr Cheeks video its all people sayin shyt like "Lupe Fiasco sent me here!"

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
this fully have to do with pete rock not getting shyt from the song, considering he doesn't own the rights he's salty as fukk that's why hes saying he wanted to be apart of it. you know this nikka broke.

:what:

"Wanting to be a part of it" =/= you get paid. Pete Rock don't even own the original sample, how could he word it to Atlantic "yeah, I need to get paid off this"? Explain that to me, how could he even play that angle?

Fred.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
:what:

"Wanting to be a part of it" =/= you get paid. Pete Rock don't even own the original sample, how could he word it to Atlantic "yeah, I need to get paid off this"? Explain that to me, how could he even play that angle?

Fred.

Easy convince lupe, and tell Atlantic " I want to be apart of something that has sentimental value to me" :birdman:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
It depends what you consider "wrong". Lupe remade Petes song without his blessing. I dont know if thats "wrong" but as a hip hop head I'll tell you thats "wack".

It seems Lupe never even personally spoke to Pete but rather had some label rep call him. Thats why I was saying before that maybe Lupe misunderstood. That seems more likely now since he didnt even personally speak to the man.

And in the end nothing happened. Lupe put out the song and Pete said he didnt like it. All this talk like Pete almost ended his career is just whatever. You really think most of Lupes fans care what Pete Rock has to say on twitter. From what I saw the majority of the internet was riding with Lupe anyway. If you look at the comments in that Mr Cheeks video its all people sayin shyt like "Lupe Fiasco sent me here!"

what I consider wrong is handlin shyt like a lil kid instead of a grown ass man...for one..he shoulda just told him that he didnt want him to do it instead of that "conditional" response...and even with him feelin a way..he shouldnt have aired all that shyt out on twitter like that...it wasn't professional AT ALL...he coulda easily got in contact with him in private if he felt that strongly instead of flat out insulting him and his whole team on a public platform..u dont get respect when u disrespect...

SirSmokeCrackAlot

Senior Crackhead
Daps
what I consider wrong is handlin shyt like a lil kid instead of a grown ass man...for one..he shoulda just told him that he didnt want him to do it instead of that "conditional" response...and even with him feelin a way..he shouldnt have aired all that shyt out on twitter like that...it wasn't professional AT ALL...he coulda easily got in contact with him in private if he felt that strongly instead of flat out insulting him and his whole team on a public platform..u dont get respect when u disrespect...

Like I said before it was inevitable Pete would have to publicly voice his opinion on this song. Pete probably found out about the song because people were asking him how he feels. And I cant fault Pete for honestly saying how he feels. And whats wrong with a conditional response? This is the real world where things often arent as simple as saying yes or no. Speaking of phone calls and contacting him in private Lupe could have actually personally spoke to Pete and maybe they wouldnt be in this mess. This is what happens when you dont do things right.

See how this works. Lupe steals Petes beat. Pete says something about it. And now Petes the bad guy because he hurt someones feelings or some shyt. This generation is pathetic. They all turn bytchmade at there convenience.

"B-b-but he disrespected him." :rudy:

Predator

Rookie
Daps

I agree with this but I think Pete has more of a right to be highly critical than Lupe not setting this up the right way and working directly with Pete from the start. I think they both made mistakes, but I think it all started with Lupe not handling the situation right and the final product doesn't mention anything about the original or Pete Rock. Lupe could've spoken some words or done something more I think.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I agree with this but I think Pete has more of a right to be highly critical than Lupe not setting this up the right way and working directly with Pete from the start. I think they both made mistakes, but I think it all started with Lupe not handling the situation right and the final product doesn't mention anything with about the original or Pete Rock. Lupe could've spoken some words or done something more I think.

Yea of course..this is why I said I understand where Pete was coming from he just handled it COMPLETELY wrong...and nikkas is siding with him just cause they don't like Lupe...