Lupe interview on Sway bout the Pete Rock situation, he mad as fukk

ComputersPutin

All Star
Daps
Summary:

Lupe's team reached out to Pete Rock. Pete Rock said..it was cool but its not up to him anyway because he would have to go through the publishing company to get it cleared. (This right here..basically sounds like Pete Rock really deep down aint want it done and was hoping it wouldnt get cleared)

Lupe says they go to get it cleared and the people say its stuff in there that cant get cleared so they would have to remake the beat.

Now..Lupe finally drops..and Pete Rocks real feelings come out.

Lupe and Pete Rock get on the phone along with other people on the team.

Pete Rock gets on twitter and says its cool and they gon work on something.

Lupe is pissed because whatever they discussed on the phone wasnt followed through with. Basically Pete Rock was suppose to recant what he said and let people know what really with down instead of we cool now. Because to Lupe it still makes people see him as someone who did some dirty stuff and lets Pete Rock move on like he wasnt wrong in anything he did or said.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
U right..but I don't see why he would lie..plus he brought other people into it as being present..so why would Lu drag other people into his lie?..he even dragged his label into it..Lu's producer basically said what Lu said in this interview about how they felt about remaking the track..Pete was spazzing about the producers remaking the beat and they said that they didn't have any choice but to remake it cause it was impossible to get it cleared..

You don't see why he'd lie? Lupe has lied or embellished plenty of times in his career. He said all kinds of contradictory shyt around the time "Lasers" came out.

Fred.

SirSmokeCrackAlot

Senior Crackhead
Daps
Summary:

Lupe's team reached out to Pete Rock. Pete Rock said..it was cool but its not up to him anyway because he would have to go through the publishing company to get it cleared. (This right here..basically sounds like Pete Rock really deep down aint want it done and was hoping it wouldnt get cleared)

Lupe says they go to get it cleared and the people say its stuff in there that cant get cleared so they would have to remake the beat.

Now..Lupe finally drops..and Pete Rocks real feelings come out.

Lupe and Pete Rock get on the phone along with other people on the team.

Pete Rock gets on twitter and says its cool and they gon work on something.

Lupe is pissed because whatever they discussed on the phone wasnt followed through with. Basically Pete Rock was suppose to recant what he said and let people know what really with down instead of we cool now. Because to Lupe it still makes people see him as someone who did some dirty stuff and lets Pete Rock move on like he wasnt wrong in anything he did or said.

It seems like Pete didnt want it to happen but knew there was nothing legally he could do to prevent it. And he figured they wouldnt be able to clear it anyway. But when it did happen and the song was cleared he really vocalized how he felt about it.

Ronald

Daps
Lupe is a lying fakkot

remember when he lied a bunch of times during the whole Tribe sh!t??

fukk Lucy

• Dap
Reactions: hex

SirSmokeCrackAlot

Senior Crackhead
Daps
I think Pete has the right to feel however he wants about that song. It is a personal song. Heavy D was his blood relative. And aside from the personal connections that beat is regarded by many as the goat hip-hop beat. Its Petes crown jewel.

TheHomie

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Cali
fukk all you jokers hatin on lupe. pete rock is trippin.

He was payin them homage and he reached out to pete breh

fukkouttahere

:what:

ComputersPutin

All Star
Daps
I think Pete has the right to feel however he wants about that song. It is a personal song. Heavy D was his blood relative. And aside from the personal connections that beat is regarded by many as the goat hip-hop beat. Its Petes crown jewel.

The issue is..Pete aint keeping it 100. You cant smile in someone face when they bring something to you..then not back that man when it goes public.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Then he shouldn't have told Lupe it was cool then.

Lu reached out to him in November, told him what he wanted to do, that he wanted to pay homage and Pete said it was cool. Whether Pete was really felt that way or not, he told Lu it was cool.

SirSmokeCrackAlot

Senior Crackhead
Daps
The issue is..Pete aint keeping it 100. You cant smile in someone face when they bring something to you..then not back that man when it goes public.

Then he shouldn't have told Lupe it was cool then.

Lu reached out to him in November, told him what he wanted to do, that he wanted to pay homage and Pete said it was cool. Whether Pete was really felt that way or not, he told Lu it was cool.

Thats Lupes story. He could be lying or maybe he just misunderstood how Pete felt about it.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Again, :dwillhuh: at people 100% taking Lupe's word at face value. "He said he reached out, case closed".

Lupe has lied several times before this. I dunno who is wrong in this scenario, but I definitely ain't willing to take Lupe's word as gospel.

Fred.

SirSmokeCrackAlot

Senior Crackhead
Daps
BTW I was just looking at Petes twitter and today is Heavy D's birthday.

Now Lupe went at Pete on Heav's birthday. That dont look good...

Juliano Soprano

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again, :dwillhuh: at people 100% taking Lupe's word at face value. "He said he reached out, case closed".

Lupe has lied several times before this. I dunno who is wrong in this scenario, but I definitely ain't willing to take Lupe's word as gospel.

Fred.

Listening to the interview, it's obvious he was at least speaking some truth.

I'll hold my opinion till I hear what Pete Rock gotta say though.